What strains do you ladies prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunkenstein View Post
    The Ladies in my neck of the Woods ask for this Strain by name..Grape Krush. Been running it since it was released.Something in the Blueberry genetics speaks too Females. I've even done blind testing..no name weed..they always choose GK!
    I had some Grape Drank that I bet is similar if not the same as Grape Krush. smelt and tasted like artificial grape soda. I love artificial grape soda. lol

My favorites are the indica dominate couchlock types that are super strong and relaxing. I do not like the spacey pot. I think it really depend on the smoker. what type of pot do men like? we may go for more berry cutsie names than guys though. it's the whole reason I bought my Dream Berry which is sativa dom but I'm growing it for my mom who prefers sativa dom spacey energetic pot. go figure.

Comment

Rom x island sweet skunk is good for pms pain. Good luck! I wish you and your wife the best.
      Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!"

Comment

I'm thinking bubblegum should do it. It helps the muscle spasms from nerve damage for me. Used to go to bed with a heating pad on those days, & missed a lot of work too. Hysterectomy at 24 ended that misery for me.
        - All the kohoshes help. Black, white & blue. Careful. They are also herbal abortion.

Comment

My wife loves a Pure sativa (or as pure as you can get nowadays). She loves hazes.
          she loves to toke.
          One of the reasons I love'er
          Wha'gwaan?!

RIP SUBCOOL

sigpic
          "Posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal"

Comment

I have a blackberry kush that works wonders for most of my pains. and it also helps my mood, I can be sad or just out of sorts and it makes everything OK again,
            getting ready to run it now actually.

I also like my cookies just for a nice bubble bath n wine kinda fun night very uplifting.
            if I need sleep AND I have pain well then I turn to something like god's gift or widow.
            I have to avoid 100% sativas most of them make me paranoid.
            I can do about 80/20 and be ok.
            And blueberry yes! it's such a happy fun smoke for me, I just recv'd blueberry beans but have yet to run them. so many strains so little time.

If I see a lovely plant I'm going to try it..

and if the noids hit me I just take a nap
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Indica_Angel View Post
              I have a blackberry kush that works wonders for most of my pains. and it also helps my mood, I can be sad or just out of sorts and it makes everything OK again,
              getting ready to run it now actually.

I also like my cookies just for a nice bubble bath n wine kinda fun night very uplifting.
              if I need sleep AND I have pain well then I turn to something like god's gift or widow.
              I have to avoid 100% sativas most of them make me paranoid.
              I can do about 80/20 and be ok.
              And blueberry yes! it's such a happy fun smoke for me, I just recv'd blueberry beans but have yet to run them. so many strains so little time.

If I see a lovely plant I'm going to try it..

and if the noids hit me I just take a nap
              Try kushberry. Shit rules. Seeds at Peakseeds dot com. Business based on Vancouver Island I think.
              my gggeneration

DAV -sigpic

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
              "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
              But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
              So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
              -
              Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
              -George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
              "
              -William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
              -dddaver

Comment

Just bumping this thread again, in hopes there are more suggestions to come.

hush's hidey hole

Comment

My wife tends to like anything Blue.
                  Plan your grow, grow your plan.

Comment

Hush you are clearly a loving and caring life partner to Mrs. Hush. Thanks for that...

I honestly wish I could help out with some strain names but I have never even considered it before.

I normally lean in the sativa direction but in this case the anti spasmodic indices would be better.
                    I also agree with one of the previous suggestions for edibles or tincture.
                    I keep butter in 100 ml portions in the freezer and pop it in the microwave to soften for the recipes.

@Mrs. Hush
                    Heating pad or hot water bottle help a little.
                    Absolutely staying away from any caffeine in the days before and during helps a lot.
                    Not just coffee and black tea but chocolate, colas, energy drinks etc
                    They all make you itchy from the inside.

We found a few good herbal women's teas that seem to take the edge off for me.
                    Yogi teas 'woman's energy' and 'lemon ginger chai' are both good ones.
                    Ask your local health food store for tips
                    Both are cardamom and licorice based.

Hope that just knowing some people care helps some too!

I work with a girl who has the same dysmenorrhea problem and she unfortunately takes low doses of morphine acquired from an old accident.
                    I have suggested cannabis but she is pretty straight and can't wrap her head around it. She won't even use our Body Shop hemp hand cream because doesn't like the smell!

Comment

Spouse likes sativa potency. She won't even smoke most of the stuff (hybrids) I sell to others, I always gotta have a head stash of something fierce just to keep her happy.

I kind of understand though, we both have high tolerances and it's not easy to get high with hybrid flowers.

Comment

i was outside in the garden today and stumbled upon this plant that could be the answer to Mrs. Hush's problem.
                        i bought it from an herbal medicine plant stand at a local farmers market.

it is called 'Monk's Pepper'-- Vitex agnus-castus

i originally bought it as camo for our backyard girls because it has the exact shape of leaf as Cannabis but without serrated edges and more of a dark green waxy leaf.
                        anyway on the tag it says that it is good for PMS, menopause etc

i thought maybe this could be good to check out.

Comment

I am sure that most herbal apothekes will have it in tincture form.
                          Just bring in the botanical name.

This tincture together with one of their recommended 'women's teas' will hopefully help.

Comment

aridbud has obviously has some higher herbalist skills here so pick her brain too....j

Originally posted by aridbud View Post
                            I've read Blue Dream and Medicine Woman is suggested for dysmenorrhea/cramps.

Indica strains and sublingual tinctures would work....or it did supposedly for Queen Victoria.

Supplements to ease symptoms:

MAGNESIUM Relaxes the uterine muscles and relieves the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea. Take up to 360 mg daily starting the day before your period is due

ZINC The exact mechanism by which zinc prevents primary dysmenorrhea is unknown, although it appears to involve prostglandin inhibition of some sort. Take up to 30 mg of zinc daily during your period to prevent cramps. Take zinc supplements with food to avoid stomach upset.

POTASSIUM Low potassium levels can contribute to muscle cramping in general, so supplementing with potassium during your period may lessen primary dysmenorrhea. Supplement with up to 400 mg a day during your period

Vitamin B Complex or Vitamin B1,. Intake of Vitamin B1 (thiamine)assists in 87% relief .
                            http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8935744

Study Summary: Out of 556 women with moderate to severe primary dysmenorrhea, 100mg of thiamine hydrochloride for 90 days completely eliminated menstrual cramps in 87% of the treatment group members and greatly reduced the pain in another 8% of the women. Apparently thiamine deficiency is quite common.......

And is it dysmenorrhea or could it be worse- endometrial/PID????

I wish your partner less pain, more relief.

Comment

Mine needs sativa during the day or she'll be very passive. For me, whether I'm active or not while high depends more on my mindset of what I want to get done than the high, though getting started can be harder on indica's.
                              I need sativa at night, too sedating indica's put me to sleep within the hour. While she can stay up just as long with or without indica. Maybe I just need to get more sleep though

Comment

Super trippy and super stoney... the extremes should be avoided. A Hybrid Buzz that is gentle to the senses should do.

Like Blueberry x Og Kush crosses, UK Cheese, Ugorg Blues, Jilly Bean, Wappa (Shiva Skunk in my opinion), Mandalas Chill-OM and Rishi Kush also read good things about Tangie.

"This, my girlfriend liked very much, and said she would purchase my next bag of Tangie."

Comment

Working...
                                X