What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Periods and Hash

bostrom155

I was wondering for a friend (I'm male) If hash is good for the pain, I'm giving her ( and boyfriend, good friends) some AI I have going.
What do you think?

Diego

she smoke?
might wanna go light on it at first if she doesnt.
Last thing you wants a tripper.
First time users dont like to jump into things like hash.

bostrom155

Diego said:
she smoke?
might wanna go light on it at first if she doesnt.
Last thing you wants a tripper.
First time users dont like to jump into things like hash.

Oh yeah she smokes.
Yes I was refering to cramps

G

calcium and hashish

calcium and hashish

hmm, i was recently informed by my acupuncturist that it is VERY important for women who consume hashish to also consume higher amounts of calcium. so, i am on a huge orange kick right now; making sure to eat the white pithy layer between the fruit and peel, which is where all the calcium is in oranges.

and yes, hashish is ***very helpful*** if i am having cramps, but i have also found that if i exercise regularly, i do not have cramps.

(hahaha, actually, i cannot think of a time when hashish is not helpful...)

also very high levels of calcium in leafy greens, esp kale.

bless up,
att

p.s. while bovine milk is VERY high in calcium, the molecule is actually too large to be assimilated by the human body (goat milk is closest in molecular structure)...so the commercial to which you are referring is dairy industry propaganda....imagine that~ it is sad and scary to think about how much bovine milk products women consume, in hopes of preventing osteoperosis (sp?), while they are actually spurring it along. spread the light, god bless us all!

oaktree

cannabutter is way more effective then smoking... eating cannabis is way more effective then smoking because all the thc is absorbed, not the case with smoking... eating cannabis is more intense and is longer lasting... made a batch of cookies with some cannabutter and 1/4 of a cookie will do the trick for about 5 hours or so. Use them carefully.

Peace:canabis:

G

butter is fat ladden. blood and puss and antibiotics too, even organics. all of these things further add to the cramps. in the bigger pic, cramps are eliminated by a low fat/high fiber/clean diet and exercise. so, cannabutter cookies, sugar/dairy/carbs, kinda starts a nasty cycle. sex is an effective remedy for cramps...throw a towel down, yo~

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
May I suggest the red lebanese.

298204202_a800d646b1.jpg

G

thay say kalimist is good for cramps on serious seeds site.grow and make hash it should be some good stuff

Helps Me

You asked about hash and the like, but if I may also suggest some natural supplements that may help?

Taking extra B vitamins right before and during the cycle, they help prevent cramps from starting or getting worse.

Also taking extra magnesium before and during, as well bring calmness to the cramps and can help sleep.

Chamomile Tea and calming music and hotwater bottle on the abdomen area are helpful as well.

Soymilk is effective if you are not sensitive to Soy.

But definitely interested in knowing any strains that are helpful for PMS, etc. too!

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Sounds good, is using cannabutter as good as smoking it? probably not

Oh contrare monfrare! I think that cooking with hash is much better than smoking when it comes to pain. I highly recomend it for pms cramps. You get more of a body high with eddibles. Its very nice and relaxing.

mathews

i think it's not good.The major active ingredient in marijuana and hashish is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The exact nature of its action is not entirely understood, although it is believed to change to a psychoactive compound in the liver. The higher the THC content, the stronger the effects. The average potency of marijuana in this country has increased since the 1970s.Marijuana and hashish can impair balance, coordination, speech and thinking. Even small amounts of marijuana have been found to adversely affect driving performance.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think it's not good.The major active ingredient in marijuana and hashish is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The exact nature of its action is not entirely understood, although it is believed to change to a psychoactive compound in the liver. The higher the THC content, the stronger the effects. The average potency of marijuana in this country has increased since the 1970s.Marijuana and hashish can impair balance, coordination, speech and thinking. Even small amounts of marijuana have been found to adversely affect driving performance.

Dave it sounds like you have been reading the propaganda out there to me :)
Have you actually ever tried Cannabis ?

Amber Trich

I smoke a lot, hash definitely helps with my cramps. Its just so strong. Ive had cannabis worsen pain before, but never for menstrual cramps.

an abundant supply of calcium is supposed to increase tolerance for any sort of pain

Not sure if this was mentioned, but simple ganja food provides tremendous relief for me personally as well as many of my female friends. If you're not sure how to make butter you can always just cook in a little like using any other herb.