What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sorry to impose... but

Yah`mon

Well, firstly let me apologize for posting here. :whiteflag:

Yesterday my mom found a lump on her breast. She's pretty perceptive so I don't think it would go unnoticed long, she gets her mammograms regularly and has had one within the last 4-6 months I believe with nothing abnormal. :thinking:

Basically I'm just a tad worried... should I be worried? :dunno:
What can I do to help ease her mind a bit, she doesn't show worry to much... she likes to take care of people.. not the other way around. :comfort:

She's already scheduled for a few visits to get it checked out. She is in her low 50's

Sorry If I'm just being a worry wart... but I love my mom! :huggy:

Thanks for a moment of your time. :thank you:

Yah`mon :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No reason to apologize, Im glad you shared your story with us about your mom. Hopefully it will be nothing, keep up the good spirits and positive thoughts and she will be fine!
Let us know how shes doing.

love?

Hi.

Your mom is young and the lump has been noticed early. Even if it's a bad lump I wouldn't worry too much!

If she isn't showing too many signs of worry I wouldn't really worry about easing her mind either. However if there's something you can do to reduce the amount of stress in her life, helping out with everyday things or whatever, maybe that would be something worthwhile.

Best wishes hope it all turns out well.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
No reason to apologize, Im glad you shared your story with us about your mom. Hopefully it will be nothing, keep up the good spirits and positive thoughts and she will be fine!
Let us know how shes doing.

Yeah...what Mrs.B said :comfort:

Thankfully she detected it early.

Good vibes :ying:

Hi.

Your mom is young and the lump has been noticed early. Even if it's a bad lump I wouldn't worry too much!

If she isn't showing too many signs of worry I wouldn't really worry about easing her mind either. However if there's something you can do to reduce the amount of stress in her life, helping out with everyday things or whatever, maybe that would be something worthwhile.

Best wishes hope it all turns out well.

This^... My mom was diagnosed with it early last year and they caught it early (she's in her mid-60's). She had surgery and is cancer free today. Prayers & best wishes to you and your family

Yah`mon

Thanks for the response everyone... kinda what I was hoping for... someone to ease my mind... ( she usually does )
She had a mammogram and ultrasound today.. then talked with the radiologist, it was a cyst of some sort, only on the skin, not in the breast tissue, so all is good, nothing! phew! :good:

She actually works for an OB/GYN and has worked for a breast cancer dr. She get all her regular maintenance... so should be all good!

Remember to remind a friend today to get their annual exams!

Darkstar, I'm glad your mom is doing good now, I couldn't imagine losing mine, shes got a good 30-40 more years in her! ( hopefully )

Thanks everyone you have been very kind. :thank you:

Yah`mon :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news!!!
Take your mom to lunch, she would love it. I wish mine was around to do that with :)