X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking weed while pregnant?

Ok...

I do not mean to intrude, and I ran a search to no avail.

I am not pregnant, nor is anyone close to me.

This is a friend of a friend, who is very pregnant ( not sure how far along ), and she is smoking weed. Good weed. (My Casey Jones)

I for one do not agree with her choice, and now feel bad about being the catalyst.

I also want my friend to talk to her (not my place), but I want to know if this is as dangerous to the fetus, as i think it is...

TIA, and I once again am sorry to intrude...
    sigpic In all my time, I have learned that the "key", is as simple as "dedication". When you decide that you are going to go for something, and you don't let anything stand in your way, you open the door for great things to happen. And once you have made it that far, after having known what things look like from the bottom, you may find that the view from the top, is that much sweeter.

I also wouldn't recommend to smoke while pregnant for baby sake. I don't know is it ok or not but better safe then sorry . And u shouldn't feel bad, because after all this is hers decisionis to smoke your CJ .
    Roll it up, Light it up, ..., I forgot where was I

Comment

Smoke is smoke, doesnt matter what kind.

Have babies been borne to potsmokers that were just fine? Sure
      Does this work for everyone? Probably not

Keep in mind that people used to smoke and drink while pregnant and thought it was totally cool up until like 30 or so years ago...for what that's worth.

Then you have to take into account the "i didnt know i was pregnant" girls...my girl is notorious for this bullshit. She smoked cigs, and weed, and drank alcohol (sometimes) up until probably 6-7 months into the pregnancy, and my babies are incredibly healthy. Am i saying that just because my kids are healthy, all will be healthy? Absolutely not. Am i happy that she "partied" while pregnant? no fucking way

Her friend is a crackhead who just gave birth last week, and i feel terrible for that little boy. He was born about 2-3 months early, and weighed like 3 lbs. She was more worried about getting another fix than giving birth when she first started having contractions. They did a blood test on the baby and sure enough, tested positive for weed, crack, alcohol, and ....herpes. Worst beginning of life ever. He's been in an incubator for a week, and i'm pretty sure CYS is going to take her baby. I say Good

Her other friend smoked weed (but quit cigs) the whole pregnancy, up until they went in for the delivery, and he's like a little zombie now. Cute as hell, but definitely different.

Ok, let the ladies give their experiences now
      ArcticBlast
      Originally posted by Don Dump
      When I first joined the police academy, I thought it would be fun and zany, like that movie Spaceballs. But instead it was dark and disturbing like that movie Police Academy.

Comment

Don't smoke anything while preggers ever! Sober as a ghost!
        Check out my Dr. Bud Inspired Perpetual SOG with SOL's Shishkaberry!
        LL's Journey Of Kish

Bud Report's
        AK-48
        Unknown"Purple Pot"

.::Proud member of the Autoflower Social Group::.

Comment

Another vote here for absolutely nothing while pregnant. Nothing.

- SubN
          sigpic

Comment

Not very surprising, smoking cannabis While Pregnant Can Harm Developing Fetal Brain.

During pregnancy, THC passes from the woman's bloodstream to her baby through the placenta. Cannabis is not known to cause birth defects, but there are now concerns that it may affect the baby's brain and nervous system development.

The tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) present in cannabis targets the receptors and signaling systems in the brain. For the brain to develop normally, this signaling process should occur unhindered.

Research studies indicate that unborn babies exposed to cannabis may be more likely to exhibit behavioral changes as older children. These children may be more impulsive, hyperactive and have attention difficulties, affecting their learning ability. Some studies have found that babies born to women who used marijuana regularly during pregnancy tend to be lighter in weight, shorter in length and have a smaller head circumference at birth.

However, having smoked/consumed cannabis prior to actually giving birth is not that bad/damaging, and may relieve "birthing pains".

I've read that the Indians use to consume cannabis prior to giving birth for that very reason.. Though I thought cannabis was indigenous to the America's until the Spaniards introduced it. I was always kind of confused/puzzled about that.

Google "smoking cannabis while pregneant, brain devolpment" for more info.

Edit: Being a baby in the mothers womb is said to be like being in a Isolation/depravation/floatation tank, that alone must be pretty damn trippy, Introduce cannabis, and that would really be a fu*ked up experience. I've always wanted to try the Isolation tank, it sound's like it would be a neat experience.

An isolation tank is a lightless, soundproof tank in which subjects float in salinated water at skin temperature. Such tanks are now used for meditation and relaxation and in alternative medicine. I've heard your able to trip out and have visions.
            sigpic “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

The world has broken down.

Comment

I'm not a chick, but i saw that thread on the front page in the forums section and i just have to say. It is a really bad idea to smoke anything while pregnant!
              Grow thread.
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....04#post7552204

"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
              "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
              "When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
              -Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I am sure its not a good idea to smoke weed when pregnant, but, I went to nursing school with a women who smoked weed during one of her pregnancies and not during the other. She has two girls. One is an honor student, the other average intelligence. She smoked during the honor students pregnancy. Go figure...
                I'll have a cafe' mocha vodka marijuana latte to go, please.

Comment

This woman I knew 20 years ago was a full blown pothead. She got pregnant and took off the first trimester. Started smoking after that once a day to eliminate her morning sickness. And the baby was healthy. Hell, the kid is going to a big name university now.

Not saying it's right or wrong, I would assume smoking while pregnant is bad but I honestly wonder just really how bad!?! If I were you Bobby, I would leave it alone...
                  Just my
                  Originally posted by NOKUY
                  havent smoked schwag since 1993...havent paid for weed since then either (ppl pay me)
                  Support Your Local 420
                  ~~Pipehitters Union~~
                  THC & CBD R Good 4 U!
                  Your Government is Lying!

My DIY LST Techniques (With Pics)

The Union Movie: The Business Behind Getting High

Comment

a good friend of mine was recently pregnant, she basically told the doctor she could only quit weed or cigarettes, one or the other. the doctor told her that she should quit smoking the ciggs, and that it was cool to use mj as an occassional pain reliever due to cramps and whatnot.

i know for a fact that my mom smoked while i was pregnant. those were heady times

Comment

We all know you shouldnt do it,baby needs no toxins while developing.But.....we all know someone who does or did and there kid turned out ok!!Hell,mom told me she used to love sniffin gas on a rag when she was preggers with me and I didnt turneded out so bad But I say have some control,help your infant,and abstain.

Comment

Ok well I smoked when I was pregnant....it was 25 yrs ago,not that that matters but it really helped with morning sickness....I also smoked cigs which really pisses me off that I didnt quit those damn things!!...I have years later....its a personal choice on what you feel comfortable with. I agree, any kind of smoke is bad and if I had to do it again I wouldnt smoke anything when preggers but my daughter is happy healthy and very smart. Like I said its a personal choice!
                        sigpic

Be Good Humans.....

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are." --Will Rogers

Comment

Bobby, you are asking for trouble! Stay out of it. It's none of your business! Refuse to hook em up if it bothers you.

Ever hear of "kill the messenger"? You can't win this one!

Comment

I think the benefit of a few vape rips, at key moments, can far out weigh any negative effects on baby or mother
                            (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                            your bud
                            babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

My wife smoked during the last (third) pregnancy, and not at all during the first two. Our third child is just as bright as the first two, and develops just as quickly. There was a study done by the University of Idaho (USA) that actually proved that nothing was passed from the mother to the fetus through the placenta, allowing the mothers to consume cannabis at their leisure. Studies were performed on actual pregnant college females during all stages of pregnancy.

Anyways... I say its the individual's choice. But I dont think it has any harmful effects personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X