What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP BOGs

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
RIP to another legend. Had the pleasure of meeting him and wife a few times at high times cups, such a cool couple, so much positive energy. Prayers/positive vibes to Mrs. BOG and his family.

Marcellas

Veteran
RIP BOG!!! A true legend!

He brought so much love, knowledge, and amazing genetics to the community. I’ll never forget that BMR that he gave me to do a smoke report on (on overgrow) in the early 2000’s. To this day, the best bud I’ve ever smoked!!

Just talked to him a few months ago in e-mail, and was going to buy seeds but didn’t. I regret it now. RIP friend!! Love ya
His wife and family are in my thoughts and prayers

Sunshineinabag

- seems to have been confirmed now - RIP Jim (B.O.G.) -

- Having known him on and off for 20 years - its a sad day indeed to learn this news of his passing - but he does not go without fond remembrances - particularly the time he came to visit Europe maybe 16 years ago and I let him drive my old Jag down a German autobahn at 140mph - goading him to go faster - was a fun day -

- His humour and charm endeared him to be able to teach many new growers how to get started and grow some amazing buds on the boards of Overgrow and ICMAG - back in the day - and he was always a larger than life character on the internet and in real life -

- He will not be forgotten -
What a great way to say it! Im super blessed to of had him influence my life! When I first read the thread it felt like someone had slapped me in the face. Gotta try to keep.his gear pumping in VT for good

The Iceman

Really awful news and a major gut punch to the scene. He leaves behind such a great legacy and will be known for putting a lot of smiles on a ton of growers. I still remember the giant Bogglegum pics in his basement on Overgrow that would make everyone drool. I feel like we lost one of the pillars of the community with the passing of BOG. To Mrs. Bog or anyone else close to him we all send our utmost condolences and prayers. How’s the smoke up there BOG?

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
We will miss you BOG. I used a Bubble male from his seeds and hit a Tikal from Ace. His Bubble added tons of frost. I named it Toggle. Seemed to make sense at the time.
My heart goes out to his wife. They seemed like a groovy team.

picture.php

picture.php

shithawk420

Veteran
BOG as in Bushy Old Grower? That's a shame.wish I could of grown his stuff.really wanted to try his sour bubble

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I’ll never forget forget pics that BOG posted on OG of just, massive 2 liter size colas

RIP

Cannawinner

Veteran
This is very sad. RIP.
Bog strains were the very first I ever grew. Life saver was a wonderful strain.

Very sorry to hear this.

BOG - RIP

BOG - RIP

I just discovered this thread and find myself stunned and saddened to read my dear old friend BOG has passed away.....:frown:

We became good buddies back in the old days @ overgrow, and I felt honored when he would send me seeds to test for him.

I still kept in touch with him, and exchanged messages last year at this time.

RIP Jim, aka, BOG - Bushy Old Grower

RMS

:smoweed:

...CR500AF...

BOG - RIP

I just discovered this thread and find myself stunned and saddened to read my dear old friend BOG has passed away.....:frown:

We became good buddies back in the old days @ overgrow, and I felt honored when he would send me seeds to test for him.

I still kept in touch with him, and exchanged messages last year at this time.

RIP Jim, aka, BOG - Bushy Old Grower

RMS

:smoweed:[/QUOTE

I remember those times as well, he was a good dude for sure.
Ran a ton of his gear, there was very few i didn't like. i am glad i got to read him and the Doc J, those where good days, RIP good sir...:)

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

I never chated with him, but I will admitt I have read many, many of his post here and there for many years. They still show up from time to time. A lot of very good information from him have been able to the younger generations to go from noob to something less noob. Deeply appreciated.

RIP, B.O.G.

Thanks for it all, much love

Sunshineinabag

Fond memories and thoughts are super helpful all around...I really dispise losing people who change my path in life for the better:artist:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I'm gutted to have just found this out. I was just going to look online to see where to get some Sour bubble pips, did a search and saw some RIP...
I know that his gear helped a lot of people, either through sickness, helping them get off opiates prescribed or otherwise.
An unusually resinous and lighter coloured and hashy oldscool lemonade tasting Sour Bubble from those pips is my biggest lost plant regret.
He sent me 20 seeds of the 1st Bx when he was making Sour Bubble, instead of what he was offering as incentive to give up ciggies (remember that?) I remember feeling guilty that i had the plants but the quitting ciggies hadn't stuck. BOG, I got there in the end mate, haven't smoked tobacco since 2016.

Mate, if that's not the greatest tribute, I don't know what is.

Rest in peace, BOG, and thank you truly for the help you gave me. I hope you're exchanging knowledge with the aliens. If there's anyone I'd encourage to haunt me as a 'told you so'...

shithawk420

Veteran
Damn.i forgot about this.RMS that's a beautiful plant.wish I could of tried his Sour Bubble.im trying to remember his other strains.was it fruit loops or something like that? Life Saver! That was it.can't believe it's been this long.RIP