What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. "Boston George" Jung

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
George Jung -- the prolific cocaine smuggler portrayed by Johnny Depp in the movie "Blow" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ ... George died Wednesday morning at home in the Boston area. The cause of death is currently not known, though he had recently been experiencing liver and kidney failure.

We're told he had been in home hospice care since this past weekend and died with his wife, Ronda, and friend, Roger, by his side. We're told he will be cremated.

George's Twitter account tweeted a quote from the film Wednesday, “May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. 1942-2021."

"Boston George," as he was known, served 20 years in prison for running drugs. He was released in 2014, but ultimately landed back behind bars just 2 years later for violating his parole by failing to inform his parole officer he would be hitting up San Diego.

He was famous for being part of the Medellin Cartel and helping Pablo Escobar smuggle planeloads of cocaine into the U.S. That was a big deal because, at the time, Escobar's cartel was responsible for distributing 80% of the world's cocaine -- and about 15 tons of blow reportedly came into the U.S. per day ... for a weekly haul of $420 million.

George's story was ultimately written in the book "Blow: How a Small-Town Boy Made $100 Million with the Medellin Cocaine Cartel and Lost It All" ... and then in the 2001 flick starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/05/blow-inspiration-george-jung-dead-78-johnny-depp/

GhostGenetics

Remember watching this movie when I was a teenager, and still remember that quote!
RIP Boston George - May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

mexweed

Veteran
they don't make them like El Americano anymore, his story is about as encompassing of the American dream as it gets

apparently his daughter never forgave him and her daughter was killed in a car accident in January

zaprjaques

Donde esta el grasso? :D
I loved that flick, and still hope one day i'll get a Birthday present like Derek got for his.

chusss

As far as i readed years ago his daughter went to visit him to the jail after see the movie, not sure if she forgave him or notm, i guess and hope that she did

Latest posts

Latest posts