What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
22589.jpg
22612.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends how you define a hybrid. Of course Haze is a hybrid. I think something grown in a region for several hundred years with little outside influence is not a hybrid, but is an heirloom or landrace. Do you think growers would choose a 20+ week flowering variety over an 8 week mutihybrid if they could provide a similar high? Enjoying your haze grow, but after reading this I have to wonder why you are growing it, if as you say, your NLD varieties are better and available in half the time with bigger yields? Everyone has different taste. I'll leave it here too.
:gday:

I had to edit cant leave that can we. Haze is a hybrid LMAO.. Damn dude you are SO confused. What you post makes no sense. Flowering time has nothing to do with quality, Yields do not affect quality. None of my hybrids are done 8 weeks. Everyone does have different tastes. Poor quality weed isn't one people have lol. You're making shit up as you go lol.

On the bright side at least weed is being discussed.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I had to edit cant leave that can we. Haze is a hybrid LMAO.. Damn dude you are SO confused. What you post makes no sense. Flowering time has nothing to do with quality, Yields do not affect quality. None of my hybrids are done 8 weeks. You're making shit up as you go lol.
No, not confused at all. In fact I have thought about it quite a bit. My point was that there are people who CHOOSE to grow longer flowering varieties due to the high that they can get from that particular variety. In the case of NLD some of the longer flowering ones are better quality. The fact that people choose these longer flowring ones over shorter flowering hybrids should tell you that they are doing so because of the high they get.. Never meant that yours were done in 8 weeks, just using that as an example. Why do you think that someone seeks out a low yielding variety from TRSC over a faster hybrid? It's because the faster hybrid will never provide the same high.

Not sure why you highlight the Haze is a hybrid bit? I was agreeing with you. You said nothing was a hybrid, yet there are cannabis varieties that have been grown hundreds of years in the same area.

In my experience MOSTLY the longer flowering NLD varieties have a better high, anywhere from 16 weeks plus. I have not had a hybrid that can match these highs and I have tried many. I am talking about the type of high, not the strength of the high. To me "quality" is what I look for, and by that I mean the effect it has on me. I chase euphoric, focused, happy, and stimulating effect. Modern hybrids only partially have this for me, and there is always a hint of WLD, Indica if you like, that kind of wrecks it. Anyway, that is my opinion. We all have different tastes in cannabis.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, not confused at all. In fact I have thought about it quite a bit. My point was that there are people who CHOOSE to grow longer flowering varieties due to the high that they can get from that particular variety. In the case of NLD some of the longer flowering ones are better quality. The fact that people choose these longer flowring ones over shorter flowering hybrids should tell you that they are doing so because of the high they get.. Never meant that yours were done in 8 weeks, just using that as an example. Why do you think that someone seeks out a low yielding variety from TRSC over a faster hybrid? It's because the faster hybrid will never provide the same high.

In my experience MOSTLY the longer flowering NLD varieties have a better high, anywhere from 16 weeks plus. I have not had a hybrid that can match these highs and I have tried many. I am talking about the type of high, not the strength of the high. To me "quality" is what I look for, and by that I mean the effect it has on me. I chase euphoric, focused, happy, and stimulating effect. Modern hybrids only partially have this for me, and there is always a hint of WLD, Indica if you like, that kind of wrecks it. Anyway, that is my opinion. We all have different tastes in cannabis.

People experience highs differently dude. We are all not the same. Plenty of people like the high from hybrids more than nay WLD variety. Your arguing about nonsense.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
People experience highs differently dude. We are all not the same. Plenty of people like the high from hybrids more than nay WLD variety. Your arguing about nonsense.

Wow, that was exactly my argument. Yet only a few posts ago you shouted "HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE THE BEST WEED AVAILABLE". And you call me confused? For the last time, not everyone thinks that hybrids are the best weed available. As you just said People experience highs differently, dude.

Hempy McNoodle

I for one, have no issues with this topic on this thread. Indigenous Cannabis has a role to play in the GREAT AWAKENING (Healing of the Nations?) I think these are ancient sacred plants that helped stimulate human evolutionary development and are as controlled and regulated by the invisible enemy as any thing else is (money, religion, war and peace, basic human needs, etc). The documented systematic eradication of these indigenous plants all around the world by military and militarized forces constitute highly intentional and strategic crimes against humanity. I personally believe that there are secret cannabinoids which have been discovered by the neo-nazis and have not been discovered publicly and that these are found in the remaining indigenous Cannabis. You cannot find the unique and highly sacred and wholesome effects in modern commercial Cannabis. In fact it is almost as if they waited to let recreational Cannabis become legal (in California, for example) until Cannabis became almost the opposite of what was so special about it for thousands of years. It is no wonder to me why people focus almost exclusively on secondary appeals (appearance, smell, taste) rather than the effects, which is why people have used it for thousands of years. I think part of the GREAT AWAKENING will be a world wide deregulation of Cannabis and the ability of villagers and individuals in places like Laos, Uganda, Malawi, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Lebanon, etc, etc, can export their garden crops in order to boost their own economic prosperity and thus, the economic prosperity of their entire local economy. Is it really any wonder, why Cannabis is indigenous to third world economic disaster zones, almost exclusively? Why are these people poor when they could be shipping bushels of thai stick or Malawi cobs to San Francisco, Kansas, or Canada?? The Deep State has had it's hands Deep in Cannabis since the 1930s.

"A nation is only as secure as it's supply of hemp."
- George Washington

I enjoy other types of herb too, of course! I wish I had more grow spaces. I just finished the last of my Pre-98 Bubba Kush. That stuff was GREAT!

The primary goal of this Acapulco Gold Grow was to preserve the line. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:plant grow:

Hempy McNoodle

The Kandahar, Afghanistan plants I had (and reproduced) were a truly exquisite deep indica high (one of the best highs/stones I've ever had). It was a saturating luxurious experience the first time I smoked it. Unfortunately, a tolerance quickly developed. One of the greatest things about many indigenous sativas is the "no ceiling effect." You don't get a tolerance and you get higher and higher the more you smoke. After sampling the Acapulco Gold, I also smoked some Bubba Kush and the no ceiling effect transferred to the bubba seemingly and that was pretty amazing!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, that was exactly my argument. Yet only a few posts ago you shouted "HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE THE BEST WEED AVAILABLE". And you call me confused? For the last time, not everyone thinks that hybrids are the best weed available. As you just said People experience highs differently, dude.

Why does my opinion matter less than yours. You started this BS thinking your opinion matter more than mine. I still believe HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCED THE BEST WEEED AVAILABLE. I came to that conclusion through growing experience. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION. You completely misread my original post that had zero to do with Mcnoodle's choice of strains to grow. In your head, you read it as something to do with AG. You turned it into some BS about what you like. Again you are very confused when you can't even read what I posted. Seems all you wanted was an argument. Stop thinking only your opinion matters more than others.. It doesn't '

AG seeds are available at many seedbanks. They are not rare at all.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At the same time In 2019, Trump announced changes to the Endangered Species Act (ESA), making it easier to remove a species from the endangered list and weakening protections for threatened species.

Hempy McNoodle

At the same time In 2019, Trump announced changes to the Endangered Species Act (ESA), making it easier to remove a species from the endangered list and weakening protections for threatened species.

The protection of species has become highly politicized. The pseudoscientific pseudo-crisis called climate change has taken it even further. Take the Joshua tree in the mojave desert for instance. California's state and local government is at war against the people of California and they have weaponized the real estate market against the people (particularly the working class and poor). The Mojave desert offered the last refuge for the poor to have any hope of real estate ownership within the state. But, the mojave is one of the toughest places in the country to live and those who do go that route have to make significant sacrifices. So, in order to block people from owning land or real estate, the government put arbitrary protections on the Joshua tree, a common, widespread and adaptable species. But, here's how you know it was not about ecology, but economic sabotage of the poor: They will allow permits to remove (kill) Joshua trees for around $50,000. So, "rich people welcome," "Poor people not allowed." This practice is unheard of in species protections as far as I know. I do recall PG and E being able to remove (kill) thousands of endangered desert tortoises in the mojave to build their solar panel electrical plants. PG&E fought (and won) against Californians being able to store their own solar generated electricity.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Why does my opinion matter less than yours. You started this BS thinking your opinion matter more than mine. I still believe HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCED THE BEST WEEED AVAILABLE. I came to that conclusion through growing experience. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION. You completely misread my original post that had zero to do with Mcnoodle's choice of strains to grow. In your head, you read it as something to do with AG. You turned it into some BS about what you like. Again you are very confused when you can't even read what I posted. Seems all you wanted was an argument. Stop thinking only your opinion matters more than others.. It doesn't '

AG seeds are available at many seedbanks. They are not rare at all.
Not sure how this degenerated. From my perspective it is you who are not reading and understanding my posts. It was not my intention to start an argument, or to say I am right and you are wrong. I didn't make a statement that landrace will produce the best weed, which is what you said about hybrids. So who's opinion matters more than others? I was simply saying some folks prefer non hybrids, and that i thought that was why Hempy had chosen AG, rather than any of the billions of hybrid seeds on the market.

Anyway, now you got me agreeing with Hempy, over multiple posts. :chin:

Hybrids are no doubt a mind control CIA plot and indigenous cannabis will save us all.

Latest posts

Latest posts