This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bud Green View Post
    Gettin' a little carried away for a newbie, aren't ya?

This is mainly a weed forum and this "speakers corner" is a fairly new addition to it...

You don't make the rules, and you don't go banning someone with whom you disagree..

Thankfully, this is still a Democracy, with Freedom of Speech and thought and opinion...

But thankfully no more Rush
    “If only ignorant and gullible people accepted far-fetched ideas, little else would be needed to explain the abundance of folly in modern society.” ~ Barry L. Beyerstein

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
    What do you do, sir?"

~John Maynard Keynes~

The thing which man is most sure of, is man's greatest mystery.....gravity. ~ tjw

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
      Sorry unc, I just moved it to the SC as you were posting? MY BAD!
      You guys!...got me so confused.
      “If only ignorant and gullible people accepted far-fetched ideas, little else would be needed to explain the abundance of folly in modern society.” ~ Barry L. Beyerstein

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
      What do you do, sir?"

~John Maynard Keynes~

The thing which man is most sure of, is man's greatest mystery.....gravity. ~ tjw

Comment

Originally posted by Zeez View Post
        People like this really hurt our country.
        So many believed the lies and deception.
        Imagine being that smooth brained.

Goodbye Rush.

May you rest easy knowing that minions carry on the legacy of propaganda.
        Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"
        - Martin Luther King Jr.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
        - Bob Dylan

Be good and you will be lonely.
        - Mark Twain

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
        - Anne Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Zeez View Post
          Allot of truth here.

Maybe they they weren't "fooled" but identified.
          Remember those congressional hearings on Facebook.

A wise man once told me "The actor does what the audience expects".
          yes! lots of folks in this country believe some really evil shit, but do not say it in public. more than happy, however, to stand in a like-minded crowd for safety, and rally behind the one asshole snake-oil salesman with the balls to say it into a microphone...
          smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Rush was a collosal windbag. Spewed crap incessantly for decades. I read his book once to see if there was something I was missing, or more to try and make sense of wtf this guy was on about. Yeah no I don't get the guys take at all...pretty much exactly the type of chooch we need to get far away from in this country.

That being said, as a human being I feel for his family and friends and wish him to rest in peace. We must not lose compassion and empathy at a basic human to human level. It is what separates us from animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Beans View Post
              Rush was a collosal windbag. Spewed crap incessantly for decades. I read his book once to see if there was something I was missing, or more to try and make sense of wtf this guy was on about. Yeah no I don't get the guys take at all...pretty much exactly the type of chooch we need to get far away from in this country.

That being said, as a human being I feel for his family and friends and wish him to rest in peace. We must not lose compassion and empathy at a basic human to human level. It is what separates us from animals.

+10
              Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
              but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
              the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
              may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

- I never knew - or knew of this Rush fella - but if he made good coin out of being an old windbag - then there is hope for me yet -

RIP Rush Limberg -
                'It can all start from a seed'

Comment

don't celebrate Rushs death, mourn his life.
                  Welcome To The Lions Den.......Temptation's On Its Way

WWTHD?

Comment

When I heard the news I had a tear running down my cheek....................... from laughing so hard.

Comment

I think of him as a man who spread hate, lies and division in the world just like DT and I'm glad he's off the air .

Comment

Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post
                        yes! lots of folks in this country believe some really evil shit, but do not say it in public. more than happy, however, to stand in a like-minded crowd for safety, and rally behind the one asshole snake-oil salesman with the balls to say it into a microphone...
                        Trump gave him the Medal of Freedom and sent him tons of money.

You can make all the snake oil you want but you've gotta have someone to sell it.

Comment

Hahaha...YES!
                          A traitor to the United States. Should have been hung for all the damage he did to our culture and country. I only hope it was painful!

Comment

Fuck Limbaugh and good riddance. I hope it was painful.

Comment

Yes, that ^^

Years ago, I too read his book for the same reason and with the same result.

Comment

good points, Lester. it is different despising someone & not mourning them but still being able to have empathy for those that knew them personally. almost everyone will leave someone behind to miss them...
                                smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Working...
                                X