What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrowone

Veteran
- well yes - it must been quite a scene - and very stressful for those that were guarding the Capitol building - from my understanding in the USA - if someone is breaking into your house - you do have the right to shoot them no? - over here in the UK not so - and we have had one or two situations when a burglar was killed robbing a home by the home owner - and the home owner ends up in jail -

yeah that's crap where the home owner is charged for defending their home
varies by state in the USA, NY for example is a defend your castle place
someone breaks in and they're pretty much fair game

igrowone

Veteran
and we have some nice new indictments for 4 additional Oath Keepers who partied at the nation's Capitol
looks like the bill for said party is coming due, could be mighty steep
what with someone who was well connected with the organization has flipped
and you know who gets the deals, it's not the late arrivals

mowood3479

Veteran
Well it is not me or any of us here or most others who discuss such things on the internet, that makes the choices of what to go after him for, it is those who have the authority and power to do so and usually those choices are theirs alone and not dictated by the masses. As for deserving, pursuing criminals isn't a matter of whether or not the crime is deserving enough, rather it is simply whether or not a crime has been committed and if the person prosecuting has sufficient evidence to go after someone. Also the matter of how old the type of crime is or how many and varied are those who commit similar crimes are, the fact that mob bosses do it, dirty cops do it or corrupt politicians do it is certainly nothing anyone should be proud of, rather it should serve as motivation to be better than those groups and not do it. I do agree though that if you are going to make it a habit of engaging in criminal behavior it would indeed be negligent to try to do your best to not get convicted for it.

As for my sarcasm I apologize if it made things so difficult for you to grasp, I would have thought that since I placed it after the more pertinent points it would have made things less difficult for you rather then more.

Nah ur missing my point good buddy...
It’s not just dirty cops who do it... it’s how all cops structure their organizations (to diffuse blame)
It’s not just corrupt politicians who do this.. politicians in general are actively assessing risk and exposure and structure their organizations to diffuse blame should something go awry
it’s not a concept I came up with (I’m too dumb and obtuse for that) .,, all of our institutions are incentivized to grow beyond their original mandate... institutional decay is real
and avoiding prosecution (or even blame) is paramount...

I heard david Simon (the creator of HBOs the wire) discussing it during a lecture...
its the premise of the show.. check it out if u haven’t seen it. As a guy who lurked in that world it’s pretty on point

mowood3479

Veteran

I’m confused when did a mob break into the White House?

I would think any moral educator of ur stature would not show support for such an erroneous statement (with an appeal to the lord) in solidarity for a man using deadly force on a unarmed woman.

FYI as far as I know the riot was focused on the capitol building
... the White House is a different building spreading notions to the contrary is misinformation n imho is harmful to the public good

mowood3479

Veteran
Well it is not me or any of us here or most others who discuss such things on the internet, that makes the choices of what to go after him for, it is those who have the authority and power to do so and usually those choices are theirs alone and not dictated by the masses. As for deserving, pursuing criminals isn't a matter of whether or not the crime is deserving enough, rather it is simply whether or not a crime has been committed and if the person prosecuting has sufficient evidence to go after someone. Also the matter of how old the type of crime is or how many and varied are those who commit similar crimes are, the fact that mob bosses do it, dirty cops do it or corrupt politicians do it is certainly nothing anyone should be proud of, rather it should serve as motivation to be better than those groups and not do it. I do agree though that if you are going to make it a habit of engaging in criminal behavior it would indeed be negligent to try to do your best to not get convicted for it.

As for my sarcasm I apologize if it made things so difficult for you to grasp, I would have thought that since I placed it after the more pertinent points it would have made things less difficult for you rather then more.

I just scroll down to ur last sentence and then read backwards

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
and we have some nice new indictments for 4 additional Oath Keepers who partied at the nation's Capitol
looks like the bill for said party is coming due, could be mighty steep
what with someone who was well connected with the organization has flipped
and you know who gets the deals, it's not the late arrivals

Hanging's too good for 'em! But Hang 'Em High!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Nah ur missing my point good buddy...
It’s not just dirty cops who do it... it’s how all cops structure their organizations (to diffuse blame)
It’s not just corrupt politicians who do this.. politicians in general are actively assessing risk and exposure and structure their organizations to diffuse blame should something go awry
it’s not a concept I came up with (I’m too dumb and obtuse for that) .,, all of our institutions are incentivized to grow beyond their original mandate... institutional decay is real
and avoiding prosecution (or even blame) is paramount...

I heard david Simon (the creator of HBOs the wire) discussing it during a lecture...
its the premise of the show.. check it out if u haven’t seen it. As a guy who lurked in that world it’s pretty on point

Well as long as it stays within the boundaries of what's legal there's not much any of us can do about it and therefore it's nothing more then an attempt to change the focus when brought up in a discussion about someone who may very well be soon facing criminal charges. Might I suggest that if you wish to talk more broadly about all forms of institutional decay then either look for a discussion of that or start a new thread if none exists. The way I see it to mix legal and non legal even if both are immoral, is mixing apples and oranges

St. Phatty

Hanging's too good for 'em! But Hang 'Em High!

No kidding.

retired Pro surfer Sunny Garcia tried to commit suicide by hanging.

it didn't work.

I think he might need a 50 foot fall to accomplish the deed.

I can understand Junior Seau, suffering with CTE. the brain of an 80 year old, at age 40.

But Sunny didn't have CTE.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- well yes - it must been quite a scene - and very stressful for those that were guarding the Capitol building - from my understanding in the USA - if someone is breaking into your house - you do have the right to shoot them no? - over here in the UK not so - and we have had one or two situations when a burglar was killed robbing a home by the home owner - and the home owner ends up in jail -

Depends on the state.. In Cali we have the Castle Doctrine.. We can use deadly force only if we feel our lives are in danger. If a thief is not threading we are suppose to call the cops and not engage the thief.. This can be up for interpretation by law enforcement if we kill someone in our home... Make sure to leave a knife by the dead body to cover your ass,.

I do wish the laws got changed so we could protect our home/lives/property using any means nessacery. By the time you call the cops the crimes are already done.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’m hearing mr t is now selling the lease for his dc hotel... those lawyer bills must be stacking up...

igrowone

Veteran
I’m hearing mr t is now selling the lease for his dc hotel... those lawyer bills must be stacking up...

the implications are even better
selling it because he thinks he won't have a use for it again
being in washington dc is no longer on his itinerary

buzzmobile

Veteran
Depends on the state.. In Cali we have the Castle Doctrine.. We can use deadly force only if we feel our lives are in danger. If a thief is not threading we are suppose to call the cops and not engage the thief.. This can be up for interpretation by law enforcement if we kill someone in our home... .

We have the Stand Your Ground Law in Florida. Florida Man misinterpreted the law.

A Florida man accused of beating an iguana to death has failed in an audacious attempt to get an animal-cruelty case against him dismissed by arguing that the fight was started by the lizard. According to CNN, PJ Nilaja Patterson has been charged with beating, dragging, and kicking the iguana that died of its injuries last September. In a doomed legal strategy, Patterson’s lawyers attempted to use Florida’s “stand your ground” law, which allows deadly force to be used if a person believes that it’s necessary to prevent them from being killed. “In this case, Patterson acted in a reasonable manner under all the circumstances because the wild iguana was first to engage with physical violence,” his lawyers argued. They claimed the lizard bit Patterson’s arm so he “kicked the iguana as far as he could,” fearing that it may “have injected poison” into him. Assistant State Attorney Alexandra Dorman argued back: “Stand Your Ground does not even apply to this case because the iguana is not a human being.” Judge Jeffrey Gillen ultimately denied the motion last Friday.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, McGahn testified today...transcripts within 7 days.

Nothing new likely to be reveal...but tRump's obstruction will have light shown upon it again.

Looking forward reading it.

minds_I

Doctor M

The real crooks will never face justice.

5a02bcd74f95fd4e.jpeg

Cannavore

Veteran
imagine being so fucking braindead that you think trump secretly won the election LMFAO you're living cattle.

M

member 505892

His ~tremendous~ social media platform (that only he could write on) is already closed down because no one gave a toss. :D

mowood3479

Veteran
imagine being so fucking braindead that you think trump secretly won the election LMFAO you're living cattle.

Imagine being so brain dead (aka devoid of the ability to reason) that you think that the best way for the people to be free is to further expand the size, scope and power of the government?
what a trip huh?

Amynamous

Imagine being so brain dead (aka devoid of the ability to reason) that you think that the best way for the people to be free is to further expand the size, scope and power of the government?
what a trip huh?

Perhaps I am brain dead, but I do not believe there is necessarily a relationship between the “size, scope and power of a particular government” and what a particular person perceives as freedom.
Without writing a thesis(I am 100% that you have better things to do on a Saturday:D), perhaps you can explain the relationship.

In which US administration was there was the most freedom, Bush Jr, Obama or trump?
what about the least freedom?
Yes, it is a trick question.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, if I had 1m$ to waste id buy tesla stock as well. I have no issues with EV cars/trucks. Ib fact ill be looking at the new 100% electrical Trucks coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts