What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my latest theory...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Tried, tested, and ruled out for people suffering a number of autoimmune problems. MMR and whooping cough vaccines are 2 examples of vaccines that were too dangerous for me as a kid. I'm not saying it isn't safe, I'm saying I don't know enough to be confident it is safe. Why take risks, I'm a happy hermit, why aspire to be a dead socialite?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if you promise to not get near ANYONE that does not want your diseases, then i, for one, will be happy for you to catch all of them that you can.:bow:

BudToaster

Veteran
I believe the only truly experimental one is the Pfizer- the others use tried and tested methods.
And as the Oxford one is cheaper, I expect that’s what I’ll get offered

the Moderna is the same tek as the Pfizer, using lipid nanoparticles to deliver the spike protein formula into your cells for manufracture.

what could possibly go wrong?

or, as ALL the medical peeps are quoted as saying: "it will probably be okay".

where's that popcorn eating emoji???

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i got covid last fall 6 day sinus headache 2 weeks plugged up was mild symptoms. after that months n months of runny nose and sneezing that kinda suckd

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Wow, how offensive and unfriendly.

you don't want to be immune to disease, so i'm okay with you catching them. if you will stay away from other people, i'm good with not wasting vaccine on you. i'm NOT okay with you SPREADING disease. THAT is "offensive and unfriendly", my friend.:laughing:

BudToaster

Veteran
just in from the CDC: if you been vaccinated you don't have to quarantine!

How does this make sense? ... since the vaccine(s) makes you an asymptomatic spreader.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'd love to be immune to all sorts of things, sadly I was born with health issues that prevent me taking certain vaccines. No one knows about the covid VAC's. You used to be a good guy, I have no idea what made you so spikey, but I hope you get over it soon.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’m reading now there is no virus genetic material in the Pfizer or moderna vaccine, it’s more like a picture-instruction for your immune system to attack the spike protein.. sounds safer maybe?

Hempy McNoodle

I’m reading now there is no virus genetic material in the Pfizer or moderna vaccine, it’s more like a picture-instruction for your immune system to attack the spike protein.. sounds safer maybe?

Wow, the Executive Director of my company used the exact same 'wanted poster' talking point...

Very sciency!

What if the vax starts targeting unarmed marginalized cells?

Hempy McNoodle

Funny how experts want an 80-90% vaccination rate, while at the same time eugenicists and population control advocates publicly have stated for decades that they wish to see an 80-90% reduction of the population. But, I'm sure there is no connection. Just happen to be the same people in both crowds..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'd love to be immune to all sorts of things, sadly I was born with health issues that prevent me taking certain vaccines. No one knows about the covid VAC's. You used to be a good guy, I have no idea what made you so spikey, but I hope you get over it soon.

i'm sorry if you think i am "spikey", but i'm really getting tired of folks that will not even consider getting vaccinated. if you had made clear early on that you CANNOT be vaccinated, we would not be having this conversation, such as it is.:good:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
i'm sorry if you think i am "spikey", but i'm really getting tired of folks that will not even consider getting vaccinated. if you had made clear early on that you CANNOT be vaccinated, we would not be having this conversation, such as it is.:good:

The newer variants or mutations are stated to be much more contagious. There's gotta be some point where the anti-vaxers decide that playing chicken was not such a great idea.

Hempy McNoodle

The newer variants or mutations are stated to be much more contagious. There's gotta be some point where the anti-vaxers decide that playing chicken was not such a great idea.

No, we'll be fine. We aren't afraid of colds. They suck, but are not scary. Just get your shot and don't worry about anyone else.

Hempy McNoodle

If the original was super-duper contagious, then, the new mutation must be super-duper-DUPER dangerous.