What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Black Hand of California thats Jim Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOVAH2.0

Been living in this hell hole SF for more than 5 years and every year its becoming apparent that black Americans are not wanted and are systematically excluded from all industry especially the MJ industry. Of course if you are a decendant of slaves theres ways contribute to California's economy in its well stocked prison industry or assigned to the local sheriff dept. with heavy fines for frivolous traffic tickets in debt peonage.

At every sector of the California's MJ industry there are barriers to entry with ridiculously high license fees and requirements meant to exclude those who need it the most. And even if you meet all of the requirements and open a store, the city of SF will rezone your location and forcing you out of business. I personally saw a successful black owned MJ shop of 5 years refused a new lease by the landlord. A month later, 2 new white owed well funded MJ shops opened to take up his customers base. So please, do not believe California is this bastion of white liberals with an unbiased elevation of all men. It is elevation but its solely for white men and those who will kiss the king of white america. The California Cannibus industry severely reflects con and is infected with this politics. We are made to believe the only people the posses the ability grow weed, own & operate the industry of Cannabis in California are white americans that intend and should be allowed to monopolize everything cannabis.

Anyone with a similar experience or has evidence to the contrary, please post.

'Boogieman'

Both political parties are elitist. In my opinion it's not about race but rather about elitism.

Poor black people have been voting for Democrats for over 60 years without much improvement.

Poor white people have been voting for Republicans for over 60 years without much improvement.

I don't know about San Francisco but where I live most white people are poor, most people in general are poor.

vinrusso

Been living in this hell hole SF for more than 5 years and every year its becoming apparent that black Americans are not wanted and are systematically excluded from all industry especially the MJ industry. Of course if you are a decendant of slaves theres ways contribute to California's economy in its well stocked prison industry or assigned to the local sheriff dept. with heavy fines for frivolous traffic tickets in debt peonage.

At every sector of the California's MJ industry there are barriers to entry with ridiculously high license fees and requirements meant to exclude those who need it the most. And even if you meet all of the requirements and open a store, the city of SF will rezone your location and forcing you out of business. I personally saw a successful black owned MJ shop of 5 years refused a new lease by the landlord. A month later, 2 new white owed well funded MJ shops opened to take up his customers base. So please, do not believe California is this bastion of white liberals with an unbiased elevation of all men. It is elevation but its solely for white men and those who will kiss the king of white america. The California Cannibus industry severely reflects con and is infected with this politics. We are made to believe the only people the posses the ability grow weed, own & operate the industry of Cannabis in California are white americans that intend and should be allowed to monopolize everything cannabis.

Anyone with a similar experience or has evidence to the contrary, please post.
Yeah that conservative redneck haven of San Francisco. It needs to vote some liberals in huh?

HOVAH2.0

The way I beginning to understand the situation in NorCal is either stay and compete with individuals who have all the financing and the backing of the state to grow thousands of lbs to monopolize the market. Or go back to home and take my chances with guerilla growing, I think thats what california wants me to do. risk my freedom to grow.

And lets be honest, most of the owners of these dispensaries are pieces of shxt or anonymous corporations who would've been buying their product from me 10years ago. In no way do they benefit the surrounding community with decent salaries or worker owned co-ops. All California dispensaries have to same management structure as the surrounding tech industry. White guys at the top, monopolizing the profits and everyone else scratching for the leftovers. This defect no doubt forces honest growers to break the law in order to compete.
This is no a rant, Im simple stating the obvious. Im not saying California MJ industry is racist but its function somehow produce results that promotes white only... Walk in any dispensary in the Bay Area for evidence and proof.

The other day I had a worker describe Sensi Star as the best sativa she every tried...?!?! I couldnt tell her Ive been growing it for 12 years.. but shes there only because shes white and not for her knowledge...
I just think its a crime and an insult....it could never produce substance.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
great post hovah, what you are saying is true
too often being woke' is just a social label and a mask

Amynamous

If you are willing to move, consider Oklahoma. Cannabis license costs $2500. The medical program there is extremely popular. The only down side is it’s in Oklahoma.:D

HOVAH2.0

great post hovah, what you are saying is true
too often being woke' is just a social label and a mask

Thanks bro, but Im simply stating the obvious... everyone knows the dynamics of the industry in California. Everyone knows the privileges a certain group of growers enjoy. Everyone knows the history of what these privileges produce. Theres plenty of examples on the drive from LA to the Norcal... along side the many orchids are small buses. In those buses are the slaves that man those million dollar orchids... Im sorry, the politically correct term for slave is "migrant worker ".

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are willing to move, consider Oklahoma. Cannabis license costs $2500. The medical program there is extremely popular. The only down side is it’s in Oklahoma.:D

Anyone still wanting to take advantage of Oklahoma's program better hurry. The Cali boys who are already there will have the state monopolized within another year or two. Might be room for a couple more, but you better break ground quick.

HOVAH2.0

Anyone still wanting to take advantage of Oklahoma's program better hurry. The Cali boys who are already there will have the state monopolized within another year or two. Might be room for a couple more, but you better break ground quick.

Thanks for the heads up but It looks like Oklahoma is just a larger version of Orange county, CA..
Although this data is 9 years old Oklahoma has a black population of 9% and yet they are 30% of Oklahoma's prison population. Call me skeptical but its highly unlikely Oklahoma will suddenly be granting access to its cannabis industry the very people it has traditionally targeted as its prisoners..

Attachments

• OK_incarceration_2018.png
    OK_incarceration_2018.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
  • NATO_OK_2018.png
    NATO_OK_2018.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 27
  • OK_Rates_2010.png
    OK_Rates_2010.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 23

HOVAH2.0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1132351

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210122-100355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-100355_Chrome.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210122-100511_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-100511_Chrome.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210122-100600_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-100600_Chrome.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 20

HOVAH2.0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/calmatters.org/economy/2020/07/california-cannabis-market-black-minority-businesses-struggle/

Amynamous

What is wrong with Oklahoma?

I live in New Mexico. I really shouldn’t sling shit at other states. :D
I’ve driven through Oklahoma and had some great meals there.
$2500 and i can grow as much weed as i want? Sign me up!
I am seriously considering relocating to Oklahoma but those tornadoes scare the crap out of me.:hide:

Gry

Thought the compassionate use act was most worthwhile.
Did understand it was too good to last.
Can recall seeing proposed legislation which would have allowed
the formerly incarcerated a shot at the industry. Sorry that did
not work out.
Waiting to see native American shops open.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up but It looks like Oklahoma is just a larger version of Orange county, CA..
Although this data is 9 years old Oklahoma has a black population of 9% and yet they are 30% of Oklahoma's prison population. Call me skeptical but its highly unlikely Oklahoma will suddenly be granting access to its cannabis industry the very people it has traditionally targeted as its prisoners..

My guess is you can look up those stats in 50 states and they will probably tell the same story.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
If you look at the world through race-colored glasses everything appears racist. The only color I'm prejudiced towards is Green.

HOVAH2.0

So the solution is to not make California policies relevant for all Californians but to pack everything up house, family, job, investments to move to another state and pray the same BS thats present in California doesnt make its way to said state. Then rebuild everything that was lost in California. And lets not brainstorm the possibility of Oklahoma turning conservative.
I thought when a citizen pay taxes and contributes to a society, that society is effectively obligated to the citizen. Is this not the definition of America??

The point being: if any citizen is forced to leave his community in order to experience freedom, the move itself is a fool's errand and the problem is systemic...

Side note: these answers of moving totally ignores or chooses to ignore the white male only problem, which is the true problem that must be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.