What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Black Hand of California thats Jim Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOVAH2.0

And for all the nay-sayers i.e. closest racist that always pop-up to play prevent defense, claiming America doesn't have a race problem.. your time is almost up...
the world just saw your lack of cognitive abilities when you fools stormed congress.. and the only thing you got was iphone pics and federal charges... Trump 2024?? :)

Last edited:

HOVAH2.0

Since this thread has turned political, imma move it to the proper forum, the Speaker's Corner!

This is fine

But for the record, I didn't elect nor allocate resources to excluded myself from exercising my rights as an American as a Californian. Someone with that power did.. and that someone is counting on this conversation to feel so uncomfortable, that others with the ability to silence it as fantasy will act to ignore it or remove it...

This is Picket's charge...this is classic American..

Attachments

• Marijuana-arrests-Black-people-Los-Angeles-chart.jpg
    Marijuana-arrests-Black-people-Los-Angeles-chart.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Percentage-marijuana-arrests-Los-Angeles.jpg
    Percentage-marijuana-arrests-Los-Angeles.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 24

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... and I'll give it a lil bump too!

I think the biggest thing (besides systemic institutional racism) that will tend to keep Blacks out of the Biz is the unfortunate cultural baggage that follows Black's around.

In this case the baggage would be the perception of 'Gangsta Culture' and all that goes along with it (crime).

As I understand it, the Biz wants desperately to unload the cultural baggage that follows MJ around, the fact that until recently MJ has been illegal and everything associated with it a criminal activity.

Sad to say but this perception of crime will prolly keep a lot of folks out of the Biz, older White's with experience, Asian's (Vietnamese) in USA and any other groups that have been associated with MJ when it was a crime.

We're all F'kd, it's not just you!

h.h.

Veteran
White people with their militant storm the Capital Building culture still get a pass.

Maybe it’s just racism.

St. Phatty

..... and I'll give it a lil bump too!

I think the biggest thing (besides systemic institutional racism) that will tend to keep Blacks out of the Biz is the unfortunate cultural baggage that follows Black's around.

In this case the baggage would be the perception of 'Gangsta Culture' and all that goes along with it (crime).

I guess it depends on the state.

I remember seeing some guy smoking a Doob outside Long's drug store at a shopping center. Within view of parked, occupied cop cars. In Redwood City, CA, in the early mid 90's, a few years before the 1996 med legalization.

Cannabis is just plain accepted in most parts of coastal CA and has been for a long time.

As far as the black folks fitting in, one of my favorite co-workers at a corporate job, was an African American guy named Joey D.

He was almost good enough to play pro basketball, but got an electrical engineering degree instead.

We would sit in my cubicle and he would read the drawing, and I would draw, pretty much trying to draw as fast as he was talking.

He was rather completely accepted. Him being black was a minor thing. Him being the best basketball player in the facility was not a minor thing.

To make the teams fair they would have to have Joey team with the WORST basketball player (me). :party:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Great thread, it's the whole MJ culture actually not just california. Blacks are definitely not respected as good growers just the reality of the situation.

h.h.

Veteran
I don’t remember gangstas growing up. Closest I came was meeting Al Capone. He owned a chain of hardware stores.

I remember smoking a doob rolled out of a Jack in the box bag on Telegraph with cops walking by. 1973 It was the lowest priority offense in Bezerkly . Just below jaywalking which seemed to be a right of passage.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Out here in SoCal the Legal weed scene is dominated by People that Look White but are really ethnically the same people that run the entire global system from Top to Bottom... same people that run EVERYTHING...

just recently in Riverside Ca when they went legal .... who do u think got the heads up from the City on what properties to buy in the green zone b4 it went public, that this will be the area u can grow in?? Same Tribe bro

Im waiting for my opportunity to chin check these clowns in the game too.... all in due time .. for the moment Im not about to drop a million dollars on a legal grow until the cost to entry drops.. Black Market Hola

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
This is fine ......... that someone is counting on this conversation to feel so uncomfortable, that others with the ability to silence it as fantasy will act to ignore it or remove it.....

So whatcha sayin' here HOVAH, that the thread got moved to squish it???

If you're saying what I think you're saying, the facts say you're mistaken.

The thread in its original location got 13 responses (other than yours) from 10 posters in 2 days.

After the relocation, the thread has gotten 7 responses from 4 posters in just 2hrs.

...... and I do want to make a pre-emptive apology, when I moved the thread I should have left a 1 month redirect in the old location directing folks to the new direction.

I thought I did but on checking find it's not there - my bad!

..... as a victim of racism and systemic oppression you might view this negatively but .......

Sometimes, a Cigar is Just a Cigar, no offense was intended, just an attempt to bump the thread and get it some 'play'!

Carry On!:tiphat:

h.h.

Veteran
:bigeye: lol, I had a friend in Berkley in 1972 who somehow managed to get arrested twice for jay walking!

He must have been trying hard. I was there in 73’. Peoples Park had been “liberated”.Just after the smoke ins at city council. Nobody walking paid attention to red lights. For the most part, the cops left you alone. I think it was the Odyssey? Always smelled of hash. Bands played and passed the hat.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
So the solution is to not make California policies relevant for all Californians but to pack everything up house, family, job, investments to move to another state and pray the same BS thats present in California doesnt make its way to said state. Then rebuild everything that was lost in California. And lets not brainstorm the possibility of Oklahoma turning conservative.
I thought when a citizen pay taxes and contributes to a society, that society is effectively obligated to the citizen. Is this not the definition of America??

The point being: if any citizen is forced to leave his community in order to experience freedom, the move itself is a fool's errand and the problem is systemic...

Side note: these answers of moving totally ignores or chooses to ignore the white male only problem, which is the true problem that must be fixed.

How about Michigan? You won’t find that temperate San Fran weather and winters can be long and cold but it’s hard to beat the four seasons.

Lots of disparity on the business side here too, though. But that disparity has been acknowledged and efforts are underway to facilitate minority ownership. To what degree they have advanced to that end I do not know, but there’s been more than a few articles on the subject.

Not sure the scale you have in mind, but the microbusiness license allows for 150 plants, requiring less capital investment/collateral.

Just a few articles:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/ma...representation-marijuana-business/1515162001/

https://chicagocrusader.com/metro-detroit-gets-first-weed-dispensary-and-its-black-owned/

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/michigan-social-equity-licensing-cannabis/

Very current:

https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...ed-to-boost-minority-business-investment.html

Also, there’s this:

https://minoritycannabis.org

Best of luck as you move forward, where ever you land.

h.h.

Veteran
Out here in SoCal the Legal weed scene is dominated by People that Look White but are really ethnically the same people that run the entire global system from Top to Bottom... same people that run EVERYTHING...

just recently in Riverside Ca when they went legal .... who do u think got the heads up from the City on what properties to buy in the green zone b4 it went public, that this will be the area u can grow in?? Same Tribe bro

Im waiting for my opportunity to chin check these clowns in the game too.... all in due time .. for the moment Im not about to drop a million dollars on a legal grow until the cost to entry drops.. Black Market Hola

Gone are the days of Lannys farmers market. I think the Cahuillas were starting to get into the business around DHS though that might have been just a few players.

h.h.

Veteran
Been living in this hell hole SF for more than 5 years and every year its becoming apparent that black Americans are not wanted and are systematically excluded from all industry especially the MJ industry. Of course if you are a decendant of slaves theres ways contribute to California's economy in its well stocked prison industry or assigned to the local sheriff dept. with heavy fines for frivolous traffic tickets in debt peonage.

At every sector of the California's MJ industry there are barriers to entry with ridiculously high license fees and requirements meant to exclude those who need it the most. And even if you meet all of the requirements and open a store, the city of SF will rezone your location and forcing you out of business. I personally saw a successful black owned MJ shop of 5 years refused a new lease by the landlord. A month later, 2 new white owed well funded MJ shops opened to take up his customers base. So please, do not believe California is this bastion of white liberals with an unbiased elevation of all men. It is elevation but its solely for white men and those who will kiss the king of white america. The California Cannibus industry severely reflects con and is infected with this politics. We are made to believe the only people the posses the ability grow weed, own & operate the industry of Cannabis in California are white americans that intend and should be allowed to monopolize everything cannabis.

Anyone with a similar experience or has evidence to the contrary, please post.

I’ll give you a bump.
I’ll agree to a point. There’s a lot of hidden racism in California. A true case of political correctness hiding the truth. On the other hand, on the whole more Californians are aware and work harder at accepting everybody.
With that, I know a lot of folks excluded from the industry. It’s who you know. The blacks weren’t as intermixed into the community as the Latinos. They had fewer contacts. There’s basically white, white/Latino, Latino areas and then there’s black areas. More of an employment issue. Most of the blacks that I knew worked for black employers or larger business. When I was an employer, I hired who I knew. Then I hired who they knew. I didn’t know any blacks looking for work at the time.
I think it has changed for the better. Still far from perfect. Affirmative action has helped a little. Much work to be done.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...............At every sector of the California's MJ industry there are barriers to entry with ridiculously high license fees and requirements meant to exclude those who need it the most. And even if you meet all of the requirements and open a store, the city of SF will rezone your location and forcing you out of business. I personally saw a successful black owned MJ shop of 5 years refused a new lease by the landlord. A month later, 2 new white owed well funded MJ shops opened to take up his customers base. So please, do not believe California is this bastion of white liberals with an unbiased elevation of all men. It is elevation but its solely for white men and those who will kiss the king of white america.....

Another bump - I'm curious as to how this example is being used to illustrate how Black owned MJ shops are being systemically forced out of business.

If the (presumably White) landlord rented to a Black business owner then he's not biased.

If the arrangement continued successfully for 5 yrs. he's still not biased.

Something must have happened to cause the landlord to not renew the lease, there could have been many legitimate factors we (you) are unaware of.

The fact that 2 new, White owned MJ shops opened up in the area would only be relevant as an example if they rented the same property from the same landlord, which it appears they didn't.

The powers that be also did not re-zone to force the Black shop out.

So once again, why did the landlord suddenly become biased against his Black tenants after a successful 5 yr. relationship? :dunno:

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Just look for a "Diamond" in the company's name.

Diamond Cannabis.
Diamond Hardware.

etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts