Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Never had the smallpox and whooping cough vaccine, because it was a bit to risky to have those after having bacterial meningitis.The new covid vaccines not only can cause rare blood clothes, but also encephalitis in some and long term effects are still not known till somewhere in 2023.This virus can grab you or it is just mild.Just stay safe.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Denmark becomes 1st European country to completely halt use of AstraZeneca jab over ‘real risk of severe side effects’
https://www.rt.com/news/521005-denmark-completely-halt-astrazeneca/

AstraZeneca’s increasingly scrutinized Covid-19 vaccine has been permanently discontinued in Denmark following investigations that linked the jabs to rare blood clotting.

In a statement on Wednesday, the Danish Health Authority announced it had “decided to continue the rollout at this time without AstraZeneca,” citing “a possible link between very rare cases of unusual blood clots, bleeding, low blood platelets counts” and the jabs.
“Our overall assessment is there is a real risk of severe side effects associated with using the COVID-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca,” Danish Health Authority Director General Soeren Brostroem claimed, explaining the decision. He added that the country has other vaccines to distribute, while he considers that the epidemic is currently under control. Danish people who have already received their first AstraZeneca jab will be invited to get vaccinated with another provider.

Denmark is the first European country to completely ban AstraZeneca's vaccine – which was renamed Vaxzevria last month – after the European Medicines Agency confirmed the vaccine’s links to blood clotting, but said its benefits still outweigh the risks of side effects.

Several European countries decided to give the jab only to older people, advising those who got the first shot to be provided with the second from any mRNA vaccine.
Meanwhile, another EMA-approved vaccine, Johnson & Johnson's, is receiving similar scrutiny following cases of blood clotting, and at least one death.

Both the United States and the European Union are investigating the jab, while Australia has refused to buy any doses.

mowood3479

Veteran
The Johnson and Johnson vax was just pulled from the market in my area..
comforting after they injected 12 million doses.
that’s ok they had heavy metals in their baby powder for years but I’m sure they’re doing much better this time

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Blood-clotting illness PVT 30x more prevalent in Moderna, Pfizer Covid-19 recipients than AstraZeneca – Oxford researchers

https://www.rt.com/news/521313-pvt-bloodclot-mrna-covid-vaccines/

16 Apr, 2021 20:18 / Updated 3 hours ago

A potentially fatal blood-clotting disease is 30 times more common among people who have received the Covid-19 vaccines produced by Moderna and Pfizer than those given the troubled AstraZeneca jab, researchers have found.

A team of scientists from the University of Oxford has found that after vaccination, Vaxzevria (formerly AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine) recipients were less likely to suffer portal vein thrombosis (PVT) – blood clots in the artery from the intestines to the liver.
For recipients of the viral vector Vaxzevria vaccine, the incidence rate for splanchnic thrombosis – clotting in the portal and other abdominal veins – is 1.6 per million people, according to data from the EU drugs regulator the European Medicines Agency (EMA). By contrast, some 44.9 cases of PVT per million people were seen among those who had been injected with the mRNA vaccines made by Moderna and Pfizer, the Oxford research, published on Thursday, said.

MRNA vaccines work by teaching the body how to produce some of the Covid spike protein in order to generate an immune response to fight the virus.

Viral vector vaccines, including the Covid-19 jab made by Johnson & Johnson, instead work by introducing a mild form of the virus to trigger the body into producing antibodies.

The Oxford research comes after weeks of uncertainty for AstraZeneca's vaccine after the EMA concluded that unusual blood clots with low blood platelets should be listed as "very rare side effects" of the jab.

Among the Oxford team's other findings were that contracting Covid-19 exposes people to an "approximately 100 times higher" risk than normal of suffering another type of clotting called cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT).

The risk of the rare condition, which stops blood draining from the brain, was found to have an incidence rate of 4.1 per million people for those who'd gotten an mRNA vaccine, and 5.0 per million people among those who received the AstraZeneca jab, researchers said.

However, the study's lead authors Professor Paul Harrison and Dr Maxime Taquet from the University's Department of Psychiatry and the NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre urged "caution" over the results.

"This data should be interpreted cautiously, especially since the data on the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine come from EMA monitoring, whereas the other data uses the TriNetX electronic health records network," Taquet said.

Global blood-clotting concerns over AstraZeneca's vaccine have persisted following the EMA's review into the reports, which found that most cases were in women under 60 years of age.

Political commentator Anthony Webber told RT that the vaccine rollout should be “paused” until its effectiveness and safety can be properly assessed. He noted that reports linking the jabs to adverse reactions should come as no surprise because the vaccines have only received emergency approval and are still undergoing trials, a fact that the public should be made more aware of.

“We must remember that all of these vaccines are experimental. They’re officially experimental until about 2023. If the Covid vaccines hadn’t been rushed out, we would have had more time for experimentation” he said.

Scores of countries have since imposed minimum age restrictions for those receiving the vaccine, including France, the Netherlands and Germany.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
a "possible link" RE "very rare cases". well then, that settles it, right? lol... if the death rate from the "very rare cases" is lower that that of the virus, i'll still get the shots. last article i read said approximately one out of a million had the clotting problem. anyone got updated info on that from a reputable source?

St. Phatty

My sister in law's father had a problem with a clot that took about a year to resolve.

His left eye (port as opposed to starboard ?) swoll up bigger than a golf ball ... then I didn't see him for about a year while it got worse.

He had to keep a stainless steel shield over it to keep it from dangling on his cheek, protect it from mosquitoes, etc.

Finally a doctor at Kaiser used his brain and figured out, well that is a sign that blood is going in but having trouble getting out.

i.e. a vein might have a clot.

They ran a little knife up from a vein in his leg, up to his forehead near his eye.
Did a little roto rooter treatment.

Turns out, it was a blood clot.

Would have cost him $100K+ if he didn't have health insurance.

I take blood clots very seriously.

One of the reasons I chew nicotine gum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nitric+oxide+dilates+blood+vessels

If you ever have a critical situation involving a blood clot, one option is to have the person affected smoke a cigarette.
The nitric oxide also acts as a vaso-dilate-er.

One of the reasons that smoking tobacco runs counter trend to Covid19, i.e. smokers are less likely to have a bad case.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a "possible link" RE "very rare cases". well then, that settles it, right? lol... if the death rate from the "very rare cases" is lower that that of the virus, i'll still get the shots. last article i read said approximately one out of a million had the clotting problem. anyone got updated info on that from a reputable source?

it settles nothing, but its called informed consent. ie, the person taking part in medical product trail, is aware of the risks and informed about the potential consequences. a million to 1 is not bad odds in the end, but you should still know even if its a million to 1, as that 1 person has to be someone and if it happens to you you won't care about the odds against it happening, your life will be on the line. thats just what they found so far, the trails will not be complete until 2023.

again many thanks to all the voluntary participants, you might help to revolutionise medicine with the knowledge gained from this experiment with mrna tech. imagine being able to make your own body produce its own custom made meds? its incredible. time will tell, but even if it goes horribly wrong, it will be a great leap in scientific knowledge gained. if we are lucky they got it right first attempt and that will also become clear as time passes.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
va3.jpg

Gry

Veteran
Two people have died so far, with 5 very serious reactions, out of 7 million injections given.

Gry

Veteran
The Johnson and Johnson vax was just pulled from the market in my area..
comforting after they injected 12 million doses.
that’s ok they had heavy metals in their baby powder for years but I’m sure they’re doing much better this time
12 million dosages have been made available.
There have been 2 deaths with five serious reactions, out of seven million dosages given thus far.
I expect we will see it reinstated with few if any restrictions.

CaptainDankness

Krystal and Saagar: OK Diner SHOCKS CNN, Says Won't Take Vaccine EVEN If Trump Says To

ROFLMAO, hes so shocked.

Yeah, I have to say I don't trust Trump myself. The Vaccine was made under Trump, no matter how much Joe tries to play the savior. Sure a year or two down the road with no long term effects I'll consider the shot. Not like I need the vaccine passport to drive and I'd rather drive to Florida than buy 3 round trip tickets just to rent a car, but I'm 1/16th Jewish. :biggrin:

CaptainDankness

12 million dosages have been made available.
There have been 2 deaths with five serious reactions, out of seven million dosages given thus far.
I expect we will see it reinstated with few if any restrictions.

You have a far better chance to die from the vaccine than to hit the powerball and people do hit the powerball. Plus what are the long term effects with the booster shots and all? Then the variants are going to need different vaccines or it's not going to matter how many people are vaccinated. Definitely would be one thing if I could take the vaccine and not be infected by the variants that are said to be more deadly and contagious....

M

member 505892

If my doctor tells me to take it, i will ask him if he took it and if he says yes i will go ahead and take it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
If my doctor tells me to take it, i will ask him if he took it and if he says yes i will go ahead and take it.

in the end this is a sensible way forward. if you have a doctor, that you can really trust.

today for the first time the local 20 minutes propaganda paper, acknowledged the Swiss under mortality for the last months and how maybe that should be the trigger for lockdowns, or opening steps, in future, instead of these computer models that always predict worst case scenario which never actually happens. instead look at the over all picture. how many die in an average April? if it's the same or less, no lockdown.

we also had an article saying how politicians and media personalities need to stop demonizing the anti restrictions crowd. they said a democracy needs to allow people to express them selves and their opinions without being demonized. they were even arguing that disallowing the protests against covid restrictions is counter productive for a democracy. they even called for high level examples to lead the way in showing tolerance for the other side, what ever side you are on. it's starting to look like reason and logic are making a comeback.

Today our restaurants are opening their terraces and you will be allowed to go to the gym again, woohooo. up to 15 people can hook up to party together, but not at the same table, lol. only 4 per table even outside.

Gry

Veteran
You have a far better chance to die from the vaccine than to hit the powerball and people do hit the powerball. Plus what are the long term effects with the booster shots and all? Then the variants are going to need different vaccines or it's not going to matter how many people are vaccinated. Definitely would be one thing if I could take the vaccine and not be infected by the variants that are said to be more deadly and contagious....
As there are no booster shots, it may be somewhat difficult to determine what the long term effects are.
Never met anyone yet who was blessed to win the powerball, wish I could say the same about those who have had problems with the virus.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
As there are no booster shots, it may be somewhat difficult to determine what the long term effects are.
Never met anyone yet who was blessed to win the powerball, wish I could say the same about those who have had problems with the virus.

i think you will find that a booster after 1 year will become necessary, pfizer boss himself suggested the need for it to deal with newest mutations. they were considering how to stop the mutations. with mrna tech they can tweak it to cover the newest mutations.

CaptainDankness

I still don't know anyone who wasn't old that died from it and only one person who was old and overweight. I know an old lady in a nursing home with dementia who survived it.

Really I know a lot of people who have had it, just only one person who died from it. I know more who hit big on scratch tickets. Lol, really cancer is the big problem I know a lot of people who died from cancer and it killed 9.7 million people in the world 2017, meanwhile 3 million people worldwide have died from covid-19 and it's been well over 1 year. Could you imagine if we thew this much money at cancer? We'd definitely have a vaccine. :laughing: