What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But surely some form of ear needs to detect the energy and turn it into a sound..... if there are no ears, I guess it’s silent? :joint:

nope,a portion of the kinetic energy is converted to sound waves,that happens whether or not the event is observed by anything...or anyone...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deaf people use physical vibrations to detect sounds. If a deaf person was in the forest when a tree fell they wouldn't hear anything but still would feel the tree fall.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If Joe farts in the Oval Office and no one else is around, does it really make a smell?

(I'm just trying to get this thread back on track)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Joe farts in the Oval Office and no one else is around, does it really make a smell?

(I'm just trying to get this thread back on track)

according to the schrodengers's dog theory,it either smells or it doesn't,you don't know until you sniff,which collapses the quantum stench wave:bigeye:

CaptainDankness

nope,a portion of the kinetic energy is converted to sound waves,that happens whether or not the event is observed by anything...or anyone...

Sound waves are a term created by creatures with ears. Had our species never developed ears, would a sound wave exist? :smoker:

Probably not, cause it's not really sound in that case, but vibrations. We can only see very limited color patterns, thankfully better than dogs, but not much.

M

member 505892

Deaf people use physical vibrations to detect sounds. If a deaf person was in the forest when a tree fell they wouldn't hear anything but still would feel the tree fall.

One thing i heard/ read somewhere was that deaf people were amazed to learn that the sun makes no audible sound to humans.
Makes sense that you would see it 'buzzing' in the sky and assume there's some kind of noise.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dear joe biden,

please fix the educational system so people have at least a basic understanding of physics:biggrin:

physics? most graduating from school these days cannot even SPELL, as is evidenced every single day on...here. physics is WAY over their heads. that is why debit cards are so popular, folks are not capable of balancing a check book.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Gotta get back to bitchin:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...b8a53c-9d4f-11eb-9d05-ae06f4529ece_story.html

Mr. President, your misinformation on Georgia’s voting law is dangerous

Opinion by Gabriel Sterling
April 14, 2021 at 4:56 p.m. EDT

Gabriel Sterling is the chief operation officer and chief financial officer in the office of the Georgia Secretary of State.

“Someone is going to get hurt.” I made that prediction four months ago regarding misinformation about the 2020 election. I was horrified to see it come true on Jan. 6.

The reaction to Georgia’s new election law has me worried again. Though I have not received any threats yet, thankfully, that same foreboding is creeping up again as the president of the United States and others once again spread lies about what is going on in Georgia.

So I plead with the president once again: Someone is going to get hurt. Your words matter. The facts matter.

In the weeks and months after Nov. 3, my boss and I, along with local election workers, received death threats because we would not bend to pressure from one president to alter the outcome of the election. It is disappointing to see the new president engage in similarly dangerous hyperbole.

First, as The Post has correctly noted, the new legislation does not decrease early voting hours, though President Biden falsely claimed otherwise. In fact, early voting hours were expanded by adding an extra mandatory Saturday of early voting and continuing to allow Sunday voting. Early voting hours must be open from at least 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., a step up from the “normal business hours” required by previous law. Counties can extend those hours to 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., as many have done in the past.

The president alleged last month that the bill “makes it a crime to provide water to voters while they wait in line.” But providing gifts of any value to voters to reward them for casting a ballot has been illegal in Georgia for years. A similar law exists in the president’s home state of Delaware, though it does not specify water or the infinite other things of value that could be used to persuade voters. Georgia’s legislation simply adds a buffer zone to close a loophole in the law that has been taken advantage of in the past. Notably, the bill allows groups to donate water for poll workers to give out.

The president has also said that adding a photo ID number requirement to absentee ballots “adds rigid restrictions . . . that will effectively deny the right to vote to countless voters.” Leaving aside that majorities of Black voters and Georgia Democrats support the added security measure, studies show that photo ID laws don’t decrease turnout.

In an ironic twist, Democrats who now decry adding photo ID numbers sued to get rid of the signature match process for absentee ballots last year, arguing it was subjective. Photo ID numbers are as objective as it comes. They are also widely available. Ninety-seven percent of Georgia voters have a driver’s license or a free state voter ID. Almost all have a Social Security number, the last four digits of which can now be used to cast an absentee ballot thanks to the new law.

Contrary to popular belief, the legislation writes ballot drop boxes into law for the first time in Georgia history. They were created by a temporary emergency rule in Georgia in response to the pandemic last year. Without legislation, drop boxes would be unlawful.

Another wild allegation is that changes to the State Election Board allow the legislature to overturn elections. That is false. There is nothing in the bill that allows that and nothing within the Georgia code that gives the election board, let alone the legislature, the power to overturn an election. The law allows the board to remove top elections officials of poorly performing counties after a lengthy review and appeal process. That can be used for elections officials who chronically fail to address long lines, lose absentee ballot applications or mismanage the process overall.

Don’t get me wrong, this section of the law removes the secretary of state, an accountable representative of the people of Georgia, from the election board and replaces him with an unaccountable appointee of the legislature or governor (depending on when the appointment is made). That is an ill-conceived part of the law. But it isn’t voter suppression.

The president has also repeated the lie that “this is Jim Crow in the 21st century.” Democrats have clearly realized this is a potential fundraising tactic regardless of the impact on voter confidence. It is no small wonder how a law, which election experts agree expands voting access to all Georgians, could be compared to the vast historical effort to disenfranchise and oppress Black Americans.

While this isn’t necessarily how Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, or I, would have written this law, it is not what President Biden claims. We saw just three months ago how election disinformation such as this can lead to violence. It was wrong then, and it’s wrong now.

For the long-term health of our shared democratic republic, let’s turn down the rhetoric, both on the left and the right. Let’s tell the truth. Let’s make elections boring again.

mowood3479

Veteran
physics? most graduating from school these days cannot even SPELL, as is evidenced every single day on...here. physics is WAY over their heads. that is why debit cards are so popular, folks are not capable of balancing a check book.

Not here to laugh at old guys but this is not the reason debit cards are so popular

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Screenshot_2020-07-31-08-49-23-1.png

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

It is a beautiful Joe Biden day here in the emerald triangle.

Not a lot of bitch'in about biden these days, ay? buahahahahaha

minds_I

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello all,

It is a beautiful Joe Biden day here in the emerald triangle.

Not a lot of bitch'in about biden these days, ay? buahahahahaha

minds_I

i got one...joe just shouldn't speak in public often...he's not good at it...i certainly don't think he's senile or anything,just truly bad at speechafying...that said,still better than the demented,rambling ego stroking nonsense from what's his name...