What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

igrowone

Veteran
No, I've never actually seen any Q anon shit online, no idea what they're actually about. I can bitch about Trump, Obama and Bush too. I can even argue with you about the rain if you'd like. :tiphat:

fair enough, not a Q believer
DT is though, and many of those friendly to him are hard core Q
makes for interesting an interesting mix, but that is what America is about I suppose

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You still haven't corrected your sig quotes lol. There is no record of Jefferson ever saying this, though it is widely misattributed to him. It’s unclear where the phrase originated. Its not like you can choose which laws to follow. I guarantee if any did this you will be in jail for being a dumbass.

There is no record of Jefferson ever saying this, though it is widely misattributed to him. It’s unclear where the phrase originated.

Fact Check:

This quote has been attributed to Jefferson countless times, appearing in numerous memes shared online. However, The Daily Caller News Foundation found no evidence that Jefferson ever said or wrote this saying.

The phrase has been so frequently misattributed to Jefferson that it is included in the Thomas Jefferson Foundation’s list of “spurious quotations.” The quote may be a rough paraphrase of one line in the Declaration of Independence: “Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.”

The phrase also resembles a 1963 quote from Martin Luther King Jr.’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” in which MLK states, “One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

imiubu

:chin:
There are several famous quotes that have been attributed to folks who have stated that they never said that
or whereto as; a particular quote cannot be 100% attributed to that particular person.

Geesh, even the Hippocratic oath that folks so often refer to; doesn't actually state: "first do no harm",
it is simply implied.

IMO it's the sentiment of a quote that takes presidence over who actually said it, that is more relevant here
in our usage as sigs.

Again... IMO; ripping on someone over this is just more misdirected attempts to discredit and devalue
a member of opposing views.
Says a hell of a lot more about the complainers than the member(s) with 'mis-quoted' sig quotes.

:asskick:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is no record of Jefferson ever saying this, though it is widely misattributed to him. It’s unclear where the phrase originated.

Fact Check:

This quote has been attributed to Jefferson countless times, appearing in numerous memes shared online. However, The Daily Caller News Foundation found no evidence that Jefferson ever said or wrote this saying.

The phrase has been so frequently misattributed to Jefferson that it is included in the Thomas Jefferson Foundation’s list of “spurious quotations.” The quote may be a rough paraphrase of one line in the Declaration of Independence: “Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.”

The phrase also resembles a 1963 quote from Martin Luther King Jr.’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” in which MLK states, “One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

I'm not sure why you're quoting me. I've already stated the same. Its bozo that needs the lesson..

In the USA we do not have any right to choose which laws not to follow. If you choose to take that path you best make arrangements with the kids to visit your dumb ass for thinking that would fly.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sir, this is a weed site.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I knew there was a reason I joined 13 years lol..

My statement stands. I guess I should have been more clear.. If you choose to grow weed, smoke weed where its still illegal you take the risk of getting locked up.. Most states weed isn't illegal. Many are now full on recreational. Any that still are have quantity limits which is a ticket. If you live in a southern state like Texas and have 2oz you will get 180 days..

If your a dumbass and try to take weed across Federal border checks you can bet you'll be locked up if caught.

Again if you choose to not follow the laws you risk getting locked up. Not that hard to understand. We do not get to pick which laws arent enforceable. You can def choose to ignore the laws. Most of us that have been growing weed all our lives ignored cannabis laws that got many locked up. If you cant do the time dont do the crime.

Last edited:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO......Drugs and Murder are damn near the only things enforced these days.....well maybe...hahaha

St. Phatty

:chin:
There are several famous quotes that have been attributed to folks who have stated that they never said that
or whereto as; a particular quote cannot be 100% attributed to that particular person.

till trying to figure out the supposed Churchill quote about "you can always count on the Americans to eventually do the right thing."

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...yawn, i need no lessons and i don't care who said it, or if it is a direct quote or just a paraphrasing, what i care about is the spirit of what is said.

...you people focusing on my quote prove your arguments have no power.

...progressive liberalism is a cancer rotting the world amd eroding all people's freedom.

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/if-law-unjustspurious-quotation
220px-Andy_Amyx_as_Bozo_(cropped).jpg

igrowone

Veteran
...progressive liberalism is a cancer rotting the world amd eroding all people's freedom.
interesting point of view
progressive liberalism is conquering the whole world?
you may be right on this, though it begs the question why is it winning
perhaps the world is right and progressive liberal haters wrong

CaptainDankness

In the USA we do not have any right to choose which laws not to follow. If you choose to take that path you best make arrangements with the kids to visit your dumb ass for thinking that would fly.
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did it make a sound??

If you get caught you're a dumb ass. I've grown weed since the late 90's myself. :plant grow: Sold a bit of drugs too, though people did try to rat me out. But at the same time I was really smart about it and watched them Never Get Busted videos too, so I kind of knew all their tricks. Plus I still grow weed illegally, Outlaw until I die, well unless they let me open a coffee shop, then I will be a law abiding citizen. ​​​​​

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

If you get caught you're a dumb ass. I've grown weed since the late 90's myself. :plant grow: Sold a bit of drugs too, though people did try to rat me out. But at the same time I was really smart about it and watched them Never Get Busted videos too, so I kind of knew all their tricks. Plus I still grow weed illegally, Outlaw until I die, well unless they let me open a coffee shop, then I will be a law abiding citizen. ​​​​​

That's fucked up dude. Lots of good people got locked up for a joint. There's always gonna be dumbasses.. Most that got caught up in the drug war are not.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if it's a regular tree then of course it makes a sound,the absence or presence of an observer has no effect on macro events...now a quantum tree in a quantum forest is a different matter!:bigeye:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It does not make a sound. It only makes vibrations in the air that can only be heard by an ear. :joint:

wrong...let me rephrase what i said before...it doesn't matter if there's a person present,it's not like trees falling when no one is around makes no sound,the world isn't silent when there's no people around

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
wrong...let me rephrase what i said before...it doesn't matter if there's a person present,it's not like trees falling when no one is around makes no sound,the world isn't silent when there's no people around

But surely some form of ear needs to detect the energy and turn it into a sound..... if there are no ears, I guess it’s silent? :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts