What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

Sunshineinabag

The Republican party has lost it's mind when the only people they represent are Radicalized. Trump lost the White House, Lost the Senate, Lost the House. Yet they still bend over for Trump. If killing your party is the goal your on the right track.

Would ya look at that face? Oh my gawd I'd motorboat those cheeks

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
President Biden stated yesterday that he wants congress to enact new gun control laws...

Part of what he asked for was to "ban assault weapons"

What exactly does he mean by that? (This is a serious question)

Please define an "assault weapon" for me....(I have an old Marine Corp K-bar knife that I use when camping... I assume this would be considered an assault weapon)

Whatever his definition is, does he just want to stop further sales of them, or does he want to also, somehow get rid of the ones already in the American public's hands?

growlegal

Veteran
President Biden stated yesterday that he wants congress to enact new gun control laws...

Please define an "assault weapon" for me....(I have an old Marine Corp K-bar knife that I use when camping... I assume this would be considered an assault weapon)

Whatever his definition is, does he just want to stop further sales of them, or does he want to also, somehow get rid of the ones already in the American public's hands?

No one is taking your guns
You'll be ok

St. Phatty

Assault weapon = Semi-auto, i.e. AR15 & AR10 & similar rifles.

Also he wants to Biden-ban medium capacity magazines, e.g. magazines that hold 30 or 60 rounds.

Per an earlier Biden tweet, "Biden-ban" = requiring NFA registration and/or an $800 NFA fee, for each item.

Obviously the question then needs to be asked, per year or a one time fee ?

The restrictions are easier to enforce for new purchases than for existing owners.

Also, I am finding that people are having good success with 80% lowers. I know 2 older people (60+) with no major machine shop experience, that are plowing through their respective 80% lower projects with no major hiccups.

With 80% lowers, there is no reg. for buying. BUT gun laws' purpose is to make the possession of un-registered registration required items, a felony.

The implementation of Biden gun laws will vary state by state. Not so great in Oregon, with Dem. gov. Kate Brown.

Probably better for folks in Idaho, Kentucky, etc.

The Biden gun laws give 2A rights to wealthy people, & deny them to people on a limited income.

With the Supreme Court at about 6-3 right now, well it will be interesting when the Biden gun laws bump up against the Trump stacked SC.

2022 is coming fast. But I don't think Trump's presence will be helpful in reclaiming the House or the Senate for the GOP.

So in the short term ... if you're going to post a picture of your firearms on Facebook ... you only have -1- firearm. :dancer:

Is there any precedent where a law was passed, and overnight 50 million American citizens became Felons if they chose to not comply ?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
No one is taking your guns
You'll be ok

Oh? and you know that because you work with the president?

You gave a dumb response which in no way addresses my question..

I never said i had a gun, besides, I was asking concerning my K-Bar knife...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

They always ask for more than they want. I have an AR purchased during the "AR Ban" (aka a ban gun). The only difference is that they don't have ramp front sights or collapsable stocks. You could always buy an AR during "the ban". Didn't matter to me bc it has a stainless barrel and a scope on it.

Gun control is only about keeping criminals from buying or having guns. You get a background check, they give you a permit, life goes on. No guns for bad guys. Why the big fight so bad guys can keep buying guns.

The only other big issue is places like Florida with private sales. You go to a gun show in Florida and half the "dealers" are not FFLs, they are "private sellers" with tables full of guns. No ID, No paperwork, No nothing. Those guns go right into the black market and transported north where their value doubles. This does not help normal gun owners or anyone else, Just the bad guys.

growlegal

Veteran
Oh? and you know that because you work with the president?

You gave a dumb response which in no way addresses my question..

I never said i had a gun, besides, I was asking concerning my K-Bar knife...

My bad
I forgot the thread title
Carry on with the crying
err bitchin

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they will never get rid of guns. no way in hell a constitutional amendment neutering the 2nd Amendment would pass in enough states to legalize confiscation. they will, i predict, try to make ammo harder to get/more expensive. probably why there are already shortages of very common calibers, not to mention prices jacked up on the few reloading components that are still available. some gun shops here are AUCTIONING their ammunition. right now, only a fool is going to target ranges & wasting 30 round clips of .223 etc. american citizens currently can make their own guns legally, thus the 80% receivers on the market. feds WOULD like to shut this down, as morons are putting rifles together & selling them in violation of both the spirit & letter of the law. doesn't take many assholes to ruin something for everyone...:good:

'Boogieman'

they will never get rid of guns. no way in hell a constitutional amendment neutering the 2nd Amendment would pass in enough states to legalize confiscation. they will, i predict, try to make ammo harder to get/more expensive. probably why there are already shortages of very common calibers, not to mention prices jacked up on the few reloading components that are still available. some gun shops here are AUCTIONING their ammunition. right now, only a fool is going to target ranges & wasting 30 round clips of .223 etc. american citizens currently can make their own guns legally, thus the 80% receivers on the market. feds WOULD like to shut this down, as morons are putting rifles together & selling them in violation of both the spirit & letter of the law. doesn't take many assholes to ruin something for everyone...:good:

I'm still going to buy an AR now just incase they become illegal. Republicans will run on reversing the law if changes are made.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive said it countless times worrying about the feds taking your guns is a waste of your time. . Your State has more power banning guns than the feds do. A state can ban guns regardless of the 2nd. That's what you should be concerned about.

'Boogieman'

Ive said it countless times worrying about the feds taking your guns is a waste of your time. . Your State has more power banning guns than the feds do. A state can ban guns regardless of the 2nd. That's what you should be concerned about.

I'm worried about the feds banning the sale of AR-15's which is a direct violation of my second ammendment rights.

Obviously if I was worried about them taking my guns I wouldn't be buying them genius.

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 11

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It wont happen even if Biden wanted to.

Most start buying guns when they get paranoid. Your no different. Just a way to get people to buy more guns.

'Boogieman'

I hope you are right. On the other hand if they get banned I'm going to buy gun stocks most effected from the ban and hope we get Republicans in to reverse the law.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'm still going to buy an AR now just incase they become illegal. Republicans will run on reversing the law if changes are made.

you are buying at a time that the sellers have the upper hand, very expensive. you can buy the 80% receiver blocks & finish them with a hand drill/drill press/files. if you do not make a working firearm with them, my understanding is that you can trade them as gun parts, say your receiver for an upper/barrel/trigger group etc. (i may be wrong here) i've seen 80%ers for under $50 locally. if Biden really leans into the gun issue, he will be a one-term president. at his age, it is likely even. if you are going to build/buy an AR, i'd buy some magazines & put them up for future use/sale etc. price is going up on them as well...ammunition at the moment? good luck. you CAN build several caliber versions & make that a mite better. i'd like a Ruger Mini-14 myself...:good:

Latest posts

Latest posts