What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would sure like to see a similar investment in geothermal.

i would like to see cattle on public lands replaced with solar panels in new mexico...sun shines almost all the time,the state is mostly just open country with no one living there and covered in invasive species like creosote and tumbleweeds rather than the tall grass high plains that used to be here before they started running cattle...in the summer the amount of solar insolation often gets to 1200w/sq meter...i remember reading something about how it would only take some relatively small area covered in solar panels to power the entire country...

heck,just switching the subsidies the oil companies get over to solar would be a huge step in the right direction...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would like to see cattle on public lands replaced with solar panels in new mexico...sun shines almost all the time,the state is mostly just open country with no one living there and covered in invasive species like creosote and tumbleweeds rather than the tall grass high plains that used to be here before they started running cattle...in the summer the amount of solar insolation often gets to 1200w/sq meter...i remember reading something about how it would only take some relatively small area covered in solar panels to power the entire country...

heck,just switching the subsidies the oil companies get over to solar would be a huge step in the right direction...
You would think the 100s of thousands of jobs that would be created by the green new deal would be enough to help sell it to the American people.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You would think the 100s of thousands of jobs that would be created by the green new deal would be enough to help sell it to the American people.

or having air you can breath,or their kids having a habitable planet to live on,trees for the hippies to hug...maybe greta thunberg smiling on occasion:biggrin:

i guess you have to be sane in order to see the benefits of doing it...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Can I pick up a previously owned (used) one for 9K?

When you get one, let me know...
I'd love for you to let me take it for a spin...:biggrin:

unfortunately, that car won't make it up my country driveway...

You probably could have guessed, I drive a hybrid AWD SUV.

I'd like to see it all happen soon - clean energy, jobs, US self sufficiency.

CaptainDankness

That's definitely the upside, of course you have about half the nation crying about big oil taking a little hit. In reality more high paying jobs will be created than lost. Definitely not big on the Tesla vehicles mostly because of the 45 minutes to charge and longer in the New England winters. The hydrogen cars sound promising but it has to cost less than gasoline which is probably a good 5-10 years away. If I had 70k for a vehicle I'd get that F150 hybrid that is a sick truck. Hybrids are cool, all electric, good luck driving far distances.

But the more money thrown at it the more money in R&D and soon enough they'll be cheaper, better and more efficient.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You probably could have guessed, I drive a hybrid AWD SUV.

I'd like to see it all happen soon - clean energy, jobs, US self sufficiency.

i ride a bike!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

redlaser

Veteran
It's like a chain saw with wheels.:biggrin: I know that bike.

I rode an FZR in the Texas hill country for a while.

I don’t know that much about motorcycles, the FZR looks like it would be fast though.
Had a Yamaha 250 at 16 and mini bikes. The Rm500 was a friends who couldn’t sell it for what he thought it was worth, almost brand new. I thought I had a couple people that might want it and held onto it for a few months until the desired form of currency presented itself that the seller was happy with.

Bike went to sixty like a rocket, but topped out at sixtyish as well. Took it on the highway a couple times, passed a cop coming at me once, he turns around, so did I and passed him and went to the ditch and onto side roads to the house. Probably 20 years old, about 1985 type stuff.

redlaser

Veteran
“Republicans Accuse Ocasio-Cortez Of Not Being Anywhere Near Place They Told Capitol Mob She Would Be”

Thursday 3:00pm

WASHINGTON- Pointing out her inconsistency in her personal account of the January 6th insurrection, Republicans accused New York rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thursday of not being anywhere near the place they told the Capitol mob she would be.

“She was supposed to be in a room just off the Capitol rotunda, which is where we told the angry white nationalists she’d be hiding, but she wasn’t even there,” said South Carolina Rep. Nancy Mace, one of many Republicans condemning Ocasio-Cortez for hiding in a completely different building during the insurrection instead of where her colleagues told the violent rioters they could find her.

“A quick examination of the Capitol grounds map we gave the insurrectionists will prove that while they stormed the area where we drew the big “X”, the representative was actually in a location that was nowhere close to there. We are all upset at the events that transpired that day, but to be in a different place than the one we told those hunting her she’d be is incredibly disappointing.”

At press time, republicans were calling on Ocasio-Cortez to deliver a full apology and vow to always be open about her exact whereabouts at all times to avoid misleading her potential killers in the future.

https://www.theonion.co m/republicans-accuse-ocasio-cortez-of-not-being-anywhere-1846200281

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Republican party has lost it's mind when the only people they represent are Radicalized. Trump lost the White House, Lost the Senate, Lost the House. Yet they still bend over for Trump. If killing your party is the goal your on the right track.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Four different paramilitary subversive groups advocating government overthrow (aka domestic terrorists) were involved and documented in the insurrection on behalf of trump. These are the people who republicans are supporting.

Normal protestors would not have been armed, wearing kevlar, helmets, gas masks etc, and operating an attack on the Capitol in an organized preplanned way. Normal protestors would not have been there to kill people.

St. Phatty

Normal protestors would not have been armed, wearing kevlar, helmets, gas masks etc, and operating an attack on the Capitol in an organized preplanned way. Normal protestors would not have been there to kill people.

Normal protesters would also not have been under a lockdown status for 6 to 9 months because of Covid19.

The ham-handed response to Covid19 was not Trump's fault. It was the fault of those who pull the medical industry's strings.

It's a strange combination of circumstances. Trump was a little slow to tell the protesters to Go Home.

The "Covid19 lockdown stress" defense reminds me a little of the Dan White low blood sugar defense.

igrowone

Veteran
Normal protesters would also not have been under a lockdown status for 6 to 9 months because of Covid19.

The ham-handed response to Covid19 was not Trump's fault. It was the fault of those who pull the medical industry's strings.

It's a strange combination of circumstances. Trump was a little slow to tell the protesters to Go Home.

The "Covid19 lockdown stress" defense reminds me a little of the Dan White low blood sugar defense.
it worked then and probably will work now

Latest posts

Latest posts