What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

igrowone

Veteran
true but lumber is the primary cost in building a new house somewhere near 75% of material costs (a higher percentage these days)
I was trying to make it easy using round numbers an whatnot
despite your nitpicking I think the point still stands does it not ?

I don't believe it does
labor costs are being left out here, a very large part of the total cost

mowood3479

Veteran
I don't believe it does
labor costs are being left out here, a very large part of the total cost

I was speaking of material costs ...
I built a house this fall..,
it cost just under 100k in materials for the framing, sheathing, siding, flooring , decks (all wood)
+ 220k when you factor in labor for hvac, elec, carpentry, site work, etc

when the house was done it was sold for 400k
today it would cost 300k in materials with the same 220k in labor
That’s 520k to build a house worth 400k
how many people are gonna build a house to lose 120k ?

but as always I defer to ur judgment as you drive by construction projects all the time

Amynamous

Well I guess we are about to have 30 million more homeless folks who will be unable no matter what to secure housing. No biggy everything’s rosy.. just don’t open ur eyes

Aside from opening my home to 30 million strangers, there’s not a thing i can do.
I suspect the issue is linked to high unemployment. There’s nothing like the thought of losing ones home to spur them back to work. There’s lots of available jobs where i live, so... yeah, everything’s rosy.:D

mowood3479

Veteran
Aside from opening my home to 30 million strangers, there’s not a thing i can do.
I suspect the issue is linked to high unemployment. There’s nothing like the thought of losing ones home to spur them back to work. There’s lots of available jobs where i live, so... yeah, everything’s rosy.:D

We are all in this together huh? What a Laughable charade.
i appreciate your honesty.. perhaps ur unaware of how priveldged you sound but at least it’s from the heart

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
See the people that can't afford rent?

See the people that can't work but still need food?

See people who can't afford the price of healthcare?

See the people who would rather be taxed for housing, healthcare, and food rather than a military that is halfway around the world?
world?

Blind indeed.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Screenshot_2019-06-19-17-10-41-1.png

Doctor M

and the "real" republicans will become a minority party for years to come. eventually it will become the exclusive party of elderly rich white folks trying to make sure their kids are still on their pedestals where their God wanted them to be. oh, wait...that's what's happening now, isn't it? my mistake...

You certainly sound like a racist virtue signaling fellow, blessed with a special kind of stupid.

Kamala’s historical unpopularity threatens the 2024 odds for Democrats

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 9.47.55 PM.png

Amynamous

We are all in this together huh? What a Laughable charade.
i appreciate your honesty.. perhaps ur unaware of how priveldged you sound but at least it’s from the heart

I live in the US. Of course I am privileged.
Other than that, I’m not really sure what your point was.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Joe went to an electric Ford plant and drove one of their pickup trucks.

biden-drive-two-wheels.jpeg

No he didn't that one has instructor controls too. This bunch came in on a fraudulent lie, and lie their way through the day.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO , That doesnt even look like a steering wheel. You must not have watched the video.. There was only 1 steering wheel. Just more BS

Brother Nature

What are you guys paying there now? $3ish per gallon right? I wish we had prices like that. Costs me $45 to fill a 15L motorcycle tank and about $160 to fill a V6 Lexus (a litre for the yanks is 0.264172 gallons, a gallon here would cost you about $8.67). There's better things to complain about bro.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Bitch'in' about gas prices when you could be clamoring about biden's federal investigations...WTF?

minds_I