• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s our differences that make us stronger
    -A. Human
    "read the directions, even if you dont follow them.."

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
    - Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by Harry Lime

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
      I like the "somehow clean it up" part, what do you suggest???

Insults get deleted and folks keep right on going.

Chronic insulters get a measly 1 week ban and folks scream.
      try making it a month...
      smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Originally posted by pahval View Post
        Yea, but, you dont go to bars that have toxic customers... And what kind of bar wants to have that kind of rep anyway?
        Obviously never been to a biker bar or Sturgis
        Originally posted by Cactus Wes
        Indictments. Not likely, that's just a snowflakes wet dream.
        Originally posted by Cannavore
        liberals are hysterical. they actually think trump is going to be tried lmfaoooooooo. they'll literally never understand that their cancer is the reason trump exists in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by weedobix View Post
          at least you can actually talk with some freedom here, on most sties i see dissident opinions are shouted down and quickly stamped out.

disagreements shouldn't be a big deal, surely its fine to hate some things, just part of being human

Having opposing opinions makes for good debate
          but we all have to be working off actual facts and a certain group seems to be living in make believe
          Originally posted by Cactus Wes
          Indictments. Not likely, that's just a snowflakes wet dream.
          Originally posted by Cannavore
          liberals are hysterical. they actually think trump is going to be tried lmfaoooooooo. they'll literally never understand that their cancer is the reason trump exists in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by growlegal View Post

but we all have to be working off actual facts and a certain group seems to be living in make believe
            - well then it is important to be able to point that out and prove otherwise somehow - whether you research and reference other information sources to counter a post that you deem not 'factual' - or can add to the conversation with your own knowledge and experience in words, pictures or videos - to be able to present your own side or opinion to do that - which invariably leads to a healthy discussion - or should do -

- what we don't want is members that lose and/or get upset about the debate for some reason - and then resort to trolling and flaming and name-calling or make silly threats in bitterness towards those that oppose their opinion or views -

- all ideas, views and opinions are very welcome - often they help me and others see things from a different perspective - so challenging our own beliefs - as to their credibility - and this can lead to a progressive and positive augmentation of our own beliefs - due to new knowledge attained -
            'It can all start from a seed'

Comment

This site is VERY good for cannabis discussion, with one sub forum for political and other related issues it’s easy not to come here. It does reflect how deeply divided the USA has become, if it’s not for you stay away, since the election I only like the funny pic thread...
              Prop 215 compliant.
              Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

Originally posted by growlegal View Post

there is tons of misinformation out there in general, but especially coming from the mainstream, so being able to discuss all sides of things is pertinent to this kind of climate, where it's difficult to trust anything anymore.

Comment

Oh the speakers corner is great if your a leftist. Then you pretty much get to insult and talk shit all you want with blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam the Caveman View Post
                    I agree. As a cannabis themed site, very few discussions should be tolerated outside of that topic. Unite under cannabis at ICMAG.
                    Wow! You finally came out of your cave you greasy caveman! Lol j/k
                    I AM THE LIQUOR!
                    MASTER OF SHITPUPPETS
                    the only difference between me and you is a couple of drinks

Comment

Originally posted by Chi13 View Post
                      Although I am new here, I was a member previously for a number of years.

i have to say that the speakers corner has really degenerated into a toxic cesspool of hate. Much of this is obviously around the US election. I have read about people advocating for killing their fellow citizens, public hangings,seen videos advocating armed uprising. I have been linked to some sites that can only be described as batshit crazy. All this in a section which is supposed to have friendly discourse.

In the last 2 weeks I have noticed a few old members delete their account, or say they won't post anymore. These issues even spill out into grow forums. To be honest there's some on here that I used to respect a lot; now not so much.

In short, I think the speakers corner is causing huge disharmony and will harm the site in the long term. Personally I am trying to stay away, but have strong views so not always possible. It's like a daily soap opera that I hate, but can't keep away. Plus once you post in a thread it forever updates in my posts.

Anyway if it was up to me I would ditch it altogether, or somehow clean it up. I know this won't happen but I just needed to vent.
                      When the moderators were trying to keep a sense of decency and decorum a few years ago there was no Speakers Corner.
                      Unfortunately it appears that the powers that be have realized that having a Speakers Corner generates more threads and more posts equals more advertising revenue. Sadly much of that disharmony is not only tolerated but actually encouraged.

I try to stay out of that forum but occasionally someone posts something so blatantly ignorant that I find myself getting sucked back in. Best action is to just totally ignore that section of ICMAG.

Comment

It would be nice to have an ignore or unfollow feature on threads and not just users.
                        "No Nation has ever benefited
                        From a protracted war"
                        -Sun Tzu

Comment

You could say that again

PS louder
                          Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"
                          - Martin Luther King Jr.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
                          - Bob Dylan

Be good and you will be lonely.
                          - Mark Twain

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
                          - Anne Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Nature View Post
                            It would be nice to have an ignore or unfollow feature on threads and not just users.
                            Originally posted by mean mr.mustard View Post
                            You could say that again

PS louder
                            - well lads - there is a function that you can use that can stop you seeing threads and posts that you don't like - its call a 'Mouse' -

Just don't click it!
                            'It can all start from a seed'

Comment

^Hell yeah!

Seriously, just stop clicking on threads you don't like or what might upset you.

Omg, imagine getting upset by what somebody has written in the Speakers Corner and that's not even addressed to you personally. Hahaha.

The Speakers Corner is our cesspool. We need it. If you have the need to post some garbage then go there. Or if you want to go punch a bit with others then jump into that mosh pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cvh View Post
                                If you have the need to post some garbage then go there. ...
                                Needs to be fresh.
                                That's the spirit!
                                “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                                Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Working...
                                X