What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vaccination???

h.h.

Veteran
Damn, that's harsh! Having severe allergies. I won't nor can I take this new vaccine. Bell palsy as a possible side effect isn't making me want one. Think as Americans we can make our own decision and no mandate should be made with a healthy person having a 99.6 survival rate. Probably will morph just like the flu which 1000"s die from every year. Stay safe! Quarantine when you need. wash your hands etc...

Not harsh at all. Repeating what he said. If you don’t care about my customers, you’re fired. That’s capitalism baby. I’m a capitalist. I don’t babysit employees. Only family does that.

BudToaster

Veteran
getting a vax in his left arm, and complaining about a little pain from the injection - on his right arm?

(smoke and) mirrors, that's all ... nothing to see here, carry on.

just now starting to read the FDA Briefing Doc on Moderna vaccine, so let me say, to all you heroes volunteering to get the jab, i thank-you for your service. you will be remembered, maybe.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
(smoke and) mirrors, that's all ... nothing to see here, carry on.

just now starting to read the FDA Briefing Doc on Moderna vaccine, so let me say, to all you heroes volunteering to get the jab, i thank-you for yoour service. you will be remembered, maybe.
I'm confused. If the vac is as bad and conspiratorial as some here are making it out to be, why in the world would they report ANY negative symptoms?

h.h.

Veteran
I guess my “bad mood” comes from those unwilling to follow the simplest guidelines to help curve a devastating virus for simply selfish reasons. Then they brag about how they get away with it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It is rather interesting how politicized masks have become.

Natural selection and all that.

Maybe secession wouldn't be the worst thing.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i keep reading statements to the effect that if only there was more folks wearing masks, or social distancing, if only we locked down earlier, if only boogie would take it seriously :D, if only we didnt have boris, or trump, then covid would never have been a big deal. thats all bull shit, this is an air borne virus, it escapes your mask as soon as you spend longer with people in a closed space. this is one of those situations where we humans have to understand that we are not all powerful and the smallest thing can bring us down. not matter which moron sits atop the mountain. we swiss have a great logical sensible government and we still have some of the highest case numbers in the world right now. maybe the vaccine will help, but thats it, nothing else except warmer weather. a new leader certainly won't make any difference. as long as 1 person is spreading covid to more then 1 other you have an exponential problem. how many people live alone? how many in groups? thats the problem and it's impossible to solve without literally splitting families apart. yes closing restaurants, clubs and gyms will help, but the main driver is the family units and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that without bringing in tyranny worse then any covid could be.

Gry

i keep reading statements to the effect that if only there was more folks wearing masks, or social distancing, if only we locked down earlier, if only boogie would take it seriously :D, if only we didnt have boris, or trump, then covid would never have been a big deal. thats all bull shit, this is an air borne virus, it escapes your mask as soon as you spend longer with people in a closed space. this is one of those situations where we humans have to understand that we are not all powerful and the smallest thing can bring us down. not matter which moron sits atop the mountain. we swiss have a great logical sensible government and we still have some of the highest case numbers in the world right now. maybe the vaccine will help, but thats it, nothing else except warmer weather. a new leader certainly won't make any difference. as long as 1 person is spreading covid to more then 1 other you have an exponential problem. how many people live alone? how many in groups? thats the problem and it's impossible to solve without literally splitting families apart. yes closing restaurants, clubs and gyms will help, but the main driver is the family units and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that without bringing in tyranny worse then any covid could be.
The countries which did practice public health, and are now back to normal, had families which now enjoy things like ball games without a mortality rate one would expect in time of war.
Was there more tyranny in locking down tighter for a shorter period of time, as they did ?
Or was there more tyranny in lingering half steps that have now been going on for almost a year with conditions deteriorating, offering little hope for change with out a level of vaccine compliance that is no where in sight ?

BudToaster

Veteran
why not just vaccinate the peeps who are known to be most at risk - obese, type 2 diabetes, smokers, hypertensives, etc. - the mutations appear to occur more in peeps who are sick longer so it can self-select to survive. quarantine these peeps.

and vaccinate the bats, too, don't forget. at least the ones that make it to market.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
won't vaccinating the bats be impossible, counterintuitive, or redundant?? firstly, the vaccine was designed for humans... guessing inter-species vaccination with the same vaccine is prolly a no-go... second, it is my understanding that the vaccine only protects the vaccinated who can still be asymptomatic carriers, correct?

Gry

I look forward to being able to learn more about the differences between the various vaccines.
Understand the Cuban medical industry has at least 3 available which were developed using the "traditional" approach.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
why not just vaccinate the peeps who are known to be most at risk - obese, type 2 diabetes, smokers, hypertensives, etc. - the mutations appear to occur more in peeps who are sick longer so it can self-select to survive. quarantine these peeps.

and vaccinate the bats, too, don't forget. at least the ones that make it to market.
ROTFL!