What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRUMP has Covid-19

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sure hope you are not referring to yourself when you state the ability for critical thinking for which you have yet to indicate you are capable of!

I'm not here to boost my ego. You can keep doing that to make yourself feel better by insulting others. :wave:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a single person starts their career with experience. We all start with our education. When I was a kid I had many low paying jobs where experience got me in because I could push a broom or push buttons... These where all labor extensive low paying jobs. My career started after college. If you compare the wages from experienced vs educated workers get there's a huge difference in pay. Every person in congress has a degree.

Your post has many different subjects beyond getting educated.

As an educator in community college setting, you are absolutely correct, Hammerhead!

Even if an apprentice in blue collar fields, you need an education and certification, licensure to work.

At the advent of the 2008 Recession crisis, I had adult students in their late 30's to early 50's that had excellent paying jobs in electronics companies (like Motorola, Philips, etc.) looking for a change in career as their jobs tanked at that time.

Healthcare is always stable. The adult students were disillusioned in the beginning of new classes, learning a new avenue decades past high school graduation and that an LPN start pay was $16 an hr.(Yes, I live in a poor state). They were making $75-$80k annually soldering circuits with no degree. However, I saw 2 former students this January that are now LPN's or Med techs assisting an elder friend who fractured her hip. Adjustments are made, careers shift focus on demand.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'm not here to boost my ego. You can keep doing that to make yourself feel better by insulting others.
wave.gif
:wave:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As an educator in community college setting, you are absolutely correct, Hammerhead!

Even if an apprentice in blue collar fields, you need an education and certification, licensure to work.

At the advent of the 2008 Recession crisis, I had adult students in their late 30's to early 50's that had excellent paying jobs in electronics companies (like Motorola, Philips, etc.) looking for a change in career as their jobs tanked at that time.

Healthcare is always stable. The adult students were disillusioned in the beginning of new classes, learning a new avenue decades past high school graduation and that an LPN start pay was $16 an hr.(Yes, I live in a poor state). They were making $75-$80k annually soldering circuits with no degree. However, I saw 2 former students this January that are now LPN's or Med techs assisting an elder friend who fractured her hip. Adjustments are made, careers shift focus on demand.

I've noticed many without education have problems being reliable. I'm not saying everyone without a degree can't be a good employee. A good education helps in many ways.

dramamine

Not a single person starts their career with experience.

I assume you meant without experience. But that's just not true. You can walk in a restaurant and get a job washing dishes and become head chef, slowly or quickly, depending on your aptitude and work ethic. Same is true in many fields. Promoting from within is good business and most fields have starting positions requiring no experience. A degree can be helpful and is sometimes mandatory, but ability and work ethic are what employers are ultimately after.
Edit: maybe I misunderstood you after all...haha..sorry

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I assume you meant without experience. But that's just not true. You can walk in a restaurant and get a job washing dishes and become head chef, slowly or quickly, depending on your aptitude and work ethic. Same is true in many fields. Promoting from within is good business and most fields have starting positions requiring no experience. A degree can be helpful and is sometimes mandatory, but ability and work ethic are what employers are ultimately after.
Edit: maybe I misunderstood you after all...haha..sorry

Most don't have any experience right out of HS. Before I graduated HS the only experice I had was pushing a broom or pushing start/stop buttons for $1.30 an hr. We all worked crappy jobs for low pay while in college. This isn't a blanket statement. I'm sure some got some good skills learning from family or a friends dad. Most people do not start there careers until after college. Even if you had experience a person with a good education will typically get paid more. When I started my Career I had Zero experience as a systems engineer.

Klompen

What amazes me the most about Trump having Covid-19 is how he's declaring himself cured before he's even had it long enough to be fully symptomatic. His doctor seems like a real quack.

BearCreekFarms

I've noticed many without education have problems being reliable. I'm not saying everyone without a degree can't be a good employee. A good education helps in many ways.

Hello sir.

If they were worth a shit theyd have gone to college and been more reliable, probably be to expensive for you to hire. You get what you pay for.........

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
What amazes me the most about Trump having Covid-19 is how he's declaring himself cured before he's even had it long enough to be fully symptomatic. His doctor seems like a real quack.

yeah, how the fuck did that work, he got tested positive on a day when he was still on his feet, then to hospital for barley 3 days and hes out and feeling great? how can it go from asymptomatic, to sick, hard to breath, back to feeling great in 3 days? seems very strange. i guess the antibody infusion speeds things up, but yeah, its strange. most people either have no symptoms or they have it for a good week to 2 weeks and more.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

because its fake news[?]

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hello sir.

If they were worth a shit theyd have gone to college and been more reliable, probably be to expensive for you to hire. You get what you pay for.........

you have hear about the college debt trap right?
some people are better off going straight to an apprenticeship and some will go to university.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway

His doctor is a military doctor.
I guess that doctor would have to say whatever the head of the military tells him to say.
Who’s the commander in chief of the US armed forces I wonder....

h.h.

Veteran

Found many were unreliable in college. Especially those getting VA money or playing sports. They were happy with their c’s.

Klompen

Assuming it isn't fake as mentioned above, I would guess we'll see Trump get a lot worse still before he actually gets better(and chances are high that he would)

yeah, how the fuck did that work, he got tested positive on a day when he was still on his feet, then to hospital for barley 3 days and hes out and feeling great? how can it go from asymptomatic, to sick, hard to breath, back to feeling great in 3 days? seems very strange. i guess the antibody infusion speeds things up, but yeah, its strange. most people either have no symptoms or they have it for a good week to 2 weeks and more.

Klompen

because its fake news[?]

I think we'll know for sure in a week or so if he is still showing few symptoms. He's so intensely dishonest so constantly that it's really hard to know if he even has Covid-19 at all. Statistically speaking: someone near him will die from this. If that doesn't happen I definitely doubt its real.