What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRUMP has Covid-19

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Yeah, well since this thread has taken a political turn maybe it should be bumped up to the Speakers Corner?

Just sayin! ;)

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same shit as with Boris Johnson in the UK. It's a PR stunt to be seen closer to the people, to appear more like one of them instead of a billionaire with no idea about day to day struggles of the majority of citizens.
" Hey, see? I'm one of you!"
Then, two weeks they are back healthy like nothing had happened, standing in fron of the camera saying "yes it was tough, very, very tough but I made it... we'll win this battle and bla bla bla.

Ain't nothing new sadly...
CC

EsterEssence

Veteran
Karma is not a bitch, there is good karma as well. Trump didn’t take it seriously putting a lot of people at risk. Meadows just came out without a mask, They didn’t follow what the professional’s said to do, and probably infected a lot of people. Too bad he can still tweet...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Chevy, i'm not so sure... I think on the whole it reflected pretty badly on BoJo ... he was giving it the large one about not being scared of the Virus, boasting about shaking people's hands etc - and then he came down with it, badly, and looked pretty stupid. Same for Trump.
There are quite a few similarities between the two of them though, Boris and Donald - they are right-wing populists who gained power using the 'divide and conquer' methodology.

Both are prolific liars.. and both have done poorly at fighting the covid pandemic - basically because you can bullshit gullible people and play to their prejudices... but you can't bullshit a virus !

Same shit as with Boris Johnson in the UK. It's a PR stunt to be seen closer to the people, to appear more like one of them instead of a billionaire with no idea about day to day struggles of the majority of citizens.
" Hey, see? I'm one of you!"
Then, two weeks they are back healthy like nothing had happened, standing in fron of the camera saying "yes it was tough, very, very tough but I made it... we'll win this battle and bla bla bla.

Ain't nothing new sadly...
CC

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hi Chevy, i'm not so sure... I think on the whole it reflected pretty badly on BoJo ... he was giving it the large one about not being scared of the Virus, boasting about shaking people's hands etc - and then he came down with it, badly, and looked pretty stupid. Same for Trump.
There are quite a few similarities between the two of them though, Boris and Donald - they are right-wing populists who gained power using the 'divide and conquer' methodology.

Both are prolific liars.. and both have done poorly at fighting the covid pandemic - basically because you can bullshit gullible people and play to their prejudices... but you can't bullshit a virus !

- Maybe Boris gave it to Trump - in the sauna - lol

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Also, they have almost the same hairdo hahaha.
I don't wish bad on anyone but I cross my fingers I'm wrong.These people are not shying away from anything... they'll do what it takes to reach their goals and maybe trump thinks it'll work for him in the US...
All the best to all of us.
CC

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder about the contact tracing

As a Contract Tracer analysis data personnel (State Dept of Health), this is exponentially HUUUUUGE!

Pre-Symptom time, roaming freely, masks disregarded, incubating virus due to willful ignorance.

This may be the "October surprise" on many constituents, backers, legislators, extended family.

With age, obesity, stress, metabolic syndrome, Propecia, and most of all, stupidity, he's surrounded by possible complications.

Attachments

• download (5).jpg
    download (5).jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 18861588-7498067-image-a-12_1569319052716.jpg
    18861588-7498067-image-a-12_1569319052716.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 24
X

xavier7995

I'm 50/50 on it being a pr stunt. He has been rather reckless and isn't a big fan of the basic safety measures, so it's very reasonable that he would get it. But man...there are quite a lot of reasons it makes sense for him to call out sick from work given the tailspin. The melania and don Jr girlfriend stories hadn't even really started breaking yet and this nipped that in the bud. Takes the news off of him refusing to condemn white supremacy. Yadda yadda it gets him pity.

BUELLER!!!!!!

White Beard

Hey Herman, what's German for schadenfreude ?

:laughing:

Nice of the Donald to have a face to face meeting with his donors AFTER he knew that his Aide tested positive !

i wonder who else has been exposed by his irresponsibility.?
Trick question...he exposed ALL OF US

Your question reminds me of Shrub’s famous observation: “The French have no word for ‘entrepreneur’ “

I imagine he and Melania are both already getting convalescent plasma therapy.
Imagination sure plays a big part in all of this

Gotta love the way those guys get test results same day (apparently) while the rest of us have to wait 10-14 days.

Q/8-chan are really working the bullshit extra-hard on this one...so much “brainpower” expended by folks who couldn’t keep a job picking up garbage

Absolem

I'm 50/50 on it being a pr stunt. He has been rather reckless and isn't a big fan of the basic safety measures, so it's very reasonable that he would get it. But man...there are quite a lot of reasons it makes sense for him to call out sick from work given the tailspin. The melania and don Jr girlfriend stories hadn't even really started breaking yet and this nipped that in the bud. Takes the news off of him refusing to condemn white supremacy. Yadda yadda it gets him pity.

BUELLER!!!!!!

Trump

"I had COVID. It was very very easy. It was the easiest virus I ever had. I recovered very very quickly. I was the quickest recovering patient the doctor's had ever seen."

Betterhaff

Veteran
It should be a matter of record. How many Covid tests has the president had since the first of the year?

OldSSSCGuy

Well he knows how to cure himself. Inject disinfectant and get some sunlight wasn't it?

He cannot pronounce 'disinfectant'. Comes out as covfefe. Plus he said "Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way."

What orifice would be most appropriate for the orange Cheeto to get light into his body?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent-research-underway-los-angeles/3053177001/

The claim: Researchers had already been working on the ultraviolet light 'treatment' before President Donald Trump referred to it.

After President Donald Trump was criticized for floating the idea of using ultraviolet light and injections of disinfectants to kill COVID-19 in humans, several defenders of his comments arose on social media.

Among them were supporters posting articles pointing to a potential COVID-19 treatment undergoing research called Healight Platform Technology. Developed by researchers at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a nonprofit hospital in Los Angeles, the medical device consists of LED lighting that would be inserted down the trachea of COVID-19 patients on ventilators in order to bring controlled ultraviolet light into the patient.

A Washington Times article, headlined “Firm tests UV light treatment that Trump was mocked for mentioning,” describes the research. The article had more than 12,600 shares on Facebook as of Saturday.

But an article from the website Hollywood LA News treated the news as more of a sure thing. The story, headlined “UV light to be used as disinfectant in treating COVID-19 patients,” had more than 1,200 shares in The Official Rush Limbaugh Facebook Group

Trump, UV light and COVID-19

Ultraviolet light has long been used as a disinfectant in wastewater treatment, hospital rooms and other settings. It also has some medical treatment applications, such as the use of fluorescent lamps to administer controlled doses of UV light to skin lymphoma patients.

UV light works as a disinfectant because it can stop cells from reproducing. No microorganisms have shown immunity to UV exposure at certain levels, according to the International Ultraviolet Association.

But UV light can be dangerous to humans. For example, UV light found in sunlight causes sunburns and can eventually cause melanoma.

More: Fact check: UV light injections are not a common medical treatment — or a COVID-19 cure

During the April 23 White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing, Bill Bryan, undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, discussed a study regarding shortening the coronavirus's lifespan through exposure to sunlight and humidity.

Trump then floated the idea that ultraviolet light could be used in the body as a treatment.

“So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and, I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it,” he said. “And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting.”

Medical experts were quick to caution against the use of disinfectant injections or UV light as a potential treatment for COVID-19.

Among the experts were the International Ultraviolet Association and RadTech North America, two industry groups made up of equipment vendors, scientists, engineers and medical professionals who deal with ultraviolet light.

“We would like to inform the public that there are no protocols to advise or permit the safe use of UV light directly on the human body at the wavelengths and exposures proven to efficiently kill viruses such as SARS-CoV-2,” a joint news release from the groups said.

Dr. Len Lichtenfeld, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society, said in a video published April 24 that UV radiation is dangerous and should be taken seriously.

it goes on but you get the point.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
He cannot pronounce 'disinfectant'. Comes out as covfefe. Plus he said "Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way."

What orifice would be most appropriate for the orange Cheeto to get light into his body?

some of the dimwits i work with think the sun comes up out of the crack of his ass. aint that enough light?:biglaugh:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If someone you believe is a horrendous criminal and detriment to humanity wouldn't you wish them some form of punishment?
Like how rapists or murderers or conmen thieves go to prison for a long time?
It is not unreasonable to get some feeling of poetic justice if the punishment fits the crime.

damn, i would be out of rep! see you tomorrow...:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts