What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRUMP has Covid-19

M

member 505892

I disagree. The rest may be assholes but Trump is a much bigger asshole than anyone. He takes assholery to whole new heights.. and is a much bigger danger to the world.

Just someone who is sane and doesn't act like a needy spoiled child would be a huge improvement.

VG

Yeah, people who think that he's the same as all shady politicians just don't pay much attention, or are enamored with his Karen-esque personality.

If he was Joe-dickhead-citizen that's one thing but he's a delusional dickhead president who doesn't know how to negotiate or have any meaningful relationships with other world leaders and has fits of emotion ranging from rage to sulking, whining, complaining, paranoia, delusions of grandeur, the list just goes on and on and on.

Idiots and assholes like him because he's one of them in their eyes, which he is, but he's so much more of a cesspool of terrible traits.

Politics is supposed to be bland and rational, not -Will he nuke the hurricane or not? Tune in tomorrow to find out what drama unfolds-.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I was going to complain how two top IC Mag Get Daily threads have this guy's name in the title and I see disapproval instead of support for the most part from others.

h.h.

Veteran
I quite like Boogies memes and I certainly don't support 'his side' as it's called. And yeah, boomers do suck, living off the hard work of their parents generation, looking at the world through rose-tinted glasses preaching 'peace, love and understanding' all the while destroying the climate, economy, and future of all subsequent generations. Not to mention all the bullshit feelygood hippie shit that's bread a generation of pussies who prefer to sit at home playing video games and needing safe spaces at schools because mommy told them their special. As a millenial I totally get how we suck, but boomers created us so it's kinda on you guys. If I can accept my generations bullshit, you guys can own yours too.

I also hope trump doesn't get better and spreads it to Biden.

I’ve worked since I was 12. The youngest the state would let me and that was only for agriculture work picking tomatoes. At 14, I was working at the airport fueling planes. Went into construction eventually becoming a licensed contractor where I hired and trained several hard working millennials. I’ve also taught a contracting class to mostly millennials who went on to make good livings. They didn’t have to depend on daddy thanks to this old boomer. I didn’t have to work as hard thanks to the millennials.

It’s this me, me, mine attitude coming from both generations that has me perplexed. Love of self dominating love of life.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve worked since I was 12. The youngest the state would let me and that was only for agriculture work picking tomatoes. At 14, I was working at the airport fueling planes. Went into construction eventually becoming a licensed contractor where I hired and trained several hard working millennials. I’ve also taught a contracting class to mostly millennials who went on to make good livings. They didn’t have to depend on daddy thanks to this old boomer. I didn’t have to work as hard thanks to the millennials.

It’s this me, me, mine attitude coming from both generations that has me perplexed. Love of self dominating love of life.

Love this, so many today do not understand this type of work ethic. My dad retired simply bc anyone he hired would be late, not show up, not return calls or texts etc and expect to not be fired. Todays gen doesnt know that real work.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My mom is a boomer. I'm a Gen X'r and I turn 50 in a couple months.

I started working for my stepfather at 13 during the summers doing construction. I hated construction. Got my first job as a bus boy at a local country club at 15, and then got a job at a liquor store when I turned 16. Other than a 6 month stretch where I did a bunch of really dumb shit and fucked off in my mid 20s, I've been gainfully employed my entire life.

I've worked with plenty of older folk who were lazy as fuck and expected the world handed to them more often than younger folks wanting the same.

Those who try to paint an entire generation with a specific color have zero idea what the fuck they're talking about, and more than likely have never been more than few miles from where they grew up unless it was to go on vacation in Florida or Vegas.

The truth of the matter is every generation has their group that excels, a group that does decent, a group who skates by doing the minimum, and a group of complete fuck ups.

This isn't levelled at you specifically h.h., so please don't take it that way. It would appear your experiences mirror mine. It pisses me off when someone makes generalizations that are more or less hypocritical and wanted to add my voice to yours.

radioman

As a U.S. Navy Veteran - I believe that everyone should show President Trump the same sympathy & respect that He showed Senator John McCain & His Family...

Absolem

My mom is a boomer. I'm a Gen X'r and I turn 50 in a couple months.

I started working for my stepfather at 13 during the summers doing construction. I hated construction. Got my first job as a bus boy at a local country club at 15, and then got a job at a liquor store when I turned 16. Other than a 6 month stretch where I did a bunch of really dumb shit and fucked off in my mid 20s, I've been gainfully employed my entire life.

I've worked with plenty of older folk who were lazy as fuck and expected the world handed to them more often than younger folks wanting the same.

Those who try to paint an entire generation with a specific color have zero idea what the fuck they're talking about, and more than likely have never been more than few miles from where they grew up unless it was to go on vacation in Florida or Vegas.

The truth of the matter is every generation has their group that excels, a group that does decent, a group who skates by doing the minimum, and a group of complete fuck ups.

This isn't levelled at you specifically h.h., so please don't take it that way. It would appear your experiences mirror mine. It pisses me off when someone makes generalizations that are more or less hypocritical and wanted to add my voice to yours.

Well said.

IMO the older generations didn't have the fuck around time like the younger people do now. It forced them into the work force early. My parents as baby boomers either went to college or started life. They didn't get to play bartender, live with their parents until 30, or try to find who they were in college.

Me being a Gen X we were allowed to mess around till our early twenties until people said it's time to get off your ass and start your life. Now you can fuck around till your almost 30 then you wake up and wonder how you got left behind.

Pink Floyd summed it up well.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I quite like Boogies memes and I certainly don't support 'his side' as it's called. And yeah, boomers do suck, living off the hard work of their parents generation, looking at the world through rose-tinted glasses preaching 'peace, love and understanding' all the while destroying the climate, economy, and future of all subsequent generations. Not to mention all the bullshit feelygood hippie shit that's bread a generation of pussies who prefer to sit at home playing video games and needing safe spaces at schools because mommy told them their special. As a millenial I totally get how we suck, but boomers created us so it's kinda on you guys. If I can accept my generations bullshit, you guys can own yours too.

I also hope trump doesn't get better and spreads it to Biden.

Sorry that you were one of those kids that got a trophy for participating but every boomer I know was hard working and agree or not built most of the businesses functioning today. I did not inherit a single penny from my parents and worked hard my whole life so far [still am]. There were a few like you describe in every generation.

How about those boomer haters who love Trump, eh Boogie?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course there's a Tweet.
picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
Love this, so many today do not understand this type of work ethic. My dad retired simply bc anyone he hired would be late, not show up, not return calls or texts etc and expect to not be fired. Todays gen doesnt know that real work.

You just have to hire the hungry ones. They’re out there. Not working for daddy.

I rent out RV space. I set aside 5 acres. There’s 5 RV’s on it. All millennials. All working. All trying to save money while getting out of the city. I don’t see anything different from my generation or even my dads generation. Doing the same thing I was doing. They’re all hungry like I was.

h.h.

Veteran
Well said.

IMO the older generations didn't have the fuck around time like the younger people do now. It forced them into the work force early. My parents as baby boomers either went to college or started life. They didn't get to play bartender, live with their parents until 30, or try to find who they were in college.

Me being a Gen X we were allowed to mess around till our early twenties until people said it's time to get off your ass and start your life. Now you can fuck around till your almost 30 then you wake up and wonder how you got left behind.

Pink Floyd summed it up well.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

I claim Floyd for the boomers. A least the younger ones. For those a wee bit older. A little Dylan by Spirit...

https://youtu.be/FWCxAElOSxM

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
Threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
People call say 'beware doll, you're bound to fall'
You thought they were all kidding you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hanging out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging your next meal
How does it feel, how does it feel?
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone
Ahh you've gone to the finest schools, alright Miss Lonely
But you know you only used to get juiced in it
Nobody's ever taught you how to live out on the street
And now you're gonna have to get used to it
You say you never compromise
With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
He's not selling any alibis
As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
And say do you want to make a deal?
To be on your own, with no direction home
A complete unknown, like a rolling stone
Ah you never turned around to see the frowns
On the jugglers and the clowns when they all did tricks for you
You never understood that it ain't no good
You shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you
You used to ride on a chrome horse with your diplomat
Who carried on his shoulder a Siamese cat
Ain't it hard when you discovered that
He really wasn't where it's at
After he took from you everything he could steal
To have on your own, with no direction home
Ahh princess on a steeple and all the pretty people
They're all drinking, thinking that they've got it made
Exchanging all precious gifts
But you better take your diamond ring, you better pawn it babe
You used to be so amused
At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used
Go to him he calls you, you can't refuse
When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You're invisible now, you've got no secrets to conceal
How does it feel, ah how does it feel?
To be on your own, with no direction home

St. Phatty

You just have to hire the hungry ones. They’re out there. Not working for daddy.

I rent out RV space. I set aside 5 acres. There’s 5 RV’s on it. All millennials. All working. All trying to save money while getting out of the city. I don’t see anything different from my generation or even my dads generation. Doing the same thing I was doing. They’re all hungry like I was.

you're lucky your zoning would allow you to do that.

h.h.

Veteran
you're lucky your zoning would allow you to do that.

Well...Zoning frowns on self contained housing. Not supposed to have storage tanks. No metal siding. It’s for aesthetic reasons plus they want to discourage illegal dumping of sewage.

It’s somewhat common practice in my area. Many are visible from the street. I use back acreage with nothing but rangeland behind it. I keep the front nice for the neighbors. The back nice for the guests. Keep their views clear.. do favors, practice a good neighbor policy.

I also offer full refunds regardless of time of month. If zoning did crack down or say there was a range fire or if they just decided they hated the place, they’d have the cash to move into a traditional RV park. Most of it anyway as I’m a bit cheaper. I keep cutting the rents.

rolandomota

Focus people it's almost like your going off topic on purpose to get this president trumpanzee gets the virus thread closed....yea Jim Carey was pretty good as Biden don't we all wish we had a pause button for that debate how many times did trumpanzee interrupt Chris Wallace? 135 something like that
I saw trump looking red faced and tired in the debate he was sick already
His family refused to follow the mandatory mask for all rule his wife spread that virus around no doubt
Which knows how many people trump got sick his secret service team says some of them got covid at the rallies
Biden ain't in the clear yet until 14 days after that debate he better be taking zinc
Now covid trumpanzee is encouraging large gatherings by parading around the hospital in his presidential SUV
And his "fans and followers" he says lol their not learning their lesson new campaign slogan.....
TRUMP VIRUS Pence 2020
A vote for trump is a vote for covid 19

X

xavier7995

Trying to say any one generation or political persuasion is lazy and not hard working is fairly analogous with saying some particular race is lazy and not hard working. Its bullshit in all cases. A small few of all people work very hard, most do medium, and some don't do shit, regardless of demographics.

Anywho, I think the dems would be wise to not back off at this juncture. Keep hitting those taxes, refusal to condemn white supremacy, etc. Why let the narrative change to poor ol trump got the rona.