Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancel Culture

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cancel Culture

    Cancelling 'Cancel Culture': The rise and fall of the ‘wokerati’

    [YOUTUBEIF]_3MccCsSuU0[/YOUTUBEIF]

    pretty interesting short video on the phenomenon of cancel culture by australian sky news.

    i really hope that people wake up to the totalitarian nature of this horrible phenomenon practiced mostly by the so called woke twiteratti. or wokeratti as they say, lol.

    they want to make life better by abolishing free speech, and the discussion of anything they disaprove of.




    "it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

    not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

    #2
    24 hour Facebook ban for criticizing Israel.

    that might be one version of Cancel Culture.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGZBL5BmZE

    found this video on Youtube - very well done - explanation of how full auto works on an AR15/AR10. enough info to build your own if you have a machine shop.
    Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

    who is in Save the Children Mode.

    Comment


      #3
      https://youtu.be/D5-z-P4Agik


      internet rage mob yeah I pissed myself laughing you bet cha
      I eat legos

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
        https://youtu.be/D5-z-P4Agik


        internet rage mob yeah I pissed myself laughing you bet cha
        lmao

        check this one out...

        [YOUTUBEIF]gHSVjmO4iJY[/YOUTUBEIF]




        "it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

        not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

        Comment


          #5
          woko haram

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by gaiusmarius View Post
            lmao

            check this one out...

            [YOUTUBEIF]gHSVjmO4iJY[/YOUTUBEIF]
            How do I make it a YouTube video like your gaus?
            I eat legos

            Comment


              #7
              if it's offensive, i believe a discussion about it is necessary.

              Comment


                #8
                Hey ill bite.

                Nobody is infringing upon people's 1st amendment right to say what they want/publish what they want. You have the absolute right to say what you want. You do not have the right to stand in my yard and do it, also, I am under no obligation to take those views into consideration or to not have them impact my view of the person. Its a right to stand in a public place and yell about the jews or whatever, but it is my right to not give it an audience. It is also my right to not give it a space, i don't have a responsibility to let someone stand in my yard and make their statements. The real world example I would use is my religious neighbors that stand in their yard and shout the Bible, thats their right, but i don't need to listen to it and by that same token it's my right to crank up some tunes to drown it out.

                Taking it from a personal situation to a business setting, i think the Supreme Court was right in that case of the bakery that didnt want to make wedding cakes for gays. I believe private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone...and yes, logically that would include refusing to serve black people if that's their wish. I have the right to vote with my feet and dollars and not support said business. My thinking is basically that if I own a diner or something that the local skinheads decide they want to hang out at, it should be my right to tell them to gtfo and they aren't welcome. Other than my personal views, it would make business sense as I would assume most customers are not going to want to eat their fries next to the master race.

                From that small business example you can expand out to something large like Twitter. They are a publicly traded company, but its important to note that doesnt make them a public place such as a park maintained by the state. As a public company, they are duty bound to the shareholders to make a profit. If the content they carry is offensive to the masses who opt to vote with their feet, then the company is duty bound to address whatever the issue is. If 5% of the user base is causing 95% of the total users to leave, then the company needs to fix it or go out of business like that bakery. Private enterprise does not owe you a right to speech in what amounts to their yard. Nobody is stopping people from developing their own platforms and saying what they want, they just aren't letting theirs be used.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by nepalnt21 View Post
                  if it's offensive, i believe a discussion about it is necessary.
                  Offensive to whom? There isn't a universal standard, and there will never be one. The best we can do is to speak our own mind and not demand or manufacture consensus.
                  dig for fire

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
                    How do I make it a YouTube video like your gaus?
                    first you need to copy the part of the url that comes at the end after the = symbol

                    it will look something like this: g3mqvzN8NVM

                    you then go to advanced reply page where you will find a youtube button.

                    use it to put that code in like bellow, just without the *

                    [YOUTUBEIF*]g3mqvzN8NVM[/YOUTUBEIF*]




                    "it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

                    not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Article regarding Nandini Jammi, Sleeping Giants, advertisers blacklisting through keywords and the likely path forward for this type of activism.

                      https://www.wired.com/story/she-help...lan-to-fix-it/
                      .
                      .
                      .
                      Last edited by JKD; 08-18-2020, 20:43.
                      .
                      .

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by xavier7995 View Post
                        Hey ill bite.

                        Nobody is infringing upon people's 1st amendment right to say what they want/publish what they want. You have the absolute right to say what you want. You do not have the right to stand in my yard and do it, also, I am under no obligation to take those views into consideration or to not have them impact my view of the person. Its a right to stand in a public place and yell about the jews or whatever, but it is my right to not give it an audience. It is also my right to not give it a space, i don't have a responsibility to let someone stand in my yard and make their statements. The real world example I would use is my religious neighbors that stand in their yard and shout the Bible, thats their right, but i don't need to listen to it and by that same token it's my right to crank up some tunes to drown it out.

                        Taking it from a personal situation to a business setting, i think the Supreme Court was right in that case of the bakery that didnt want to make wedding cakes for gays. I believe private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone...and yes, logically that would include refusing to serve black people if that's their wish. I have the right to vote with my feet and dollars and not support said business. My thinking is basically that if I own a diner or something that the local skinheads decide they want to hang out at, it should be my right to tell them to gtfo and they aren't welcome. Other than my personal views, it would make business sense as I would assume most customers are not going to want to eat their fries next to the master race.

                        From that small business example you can expand out to something large like Twitter. They are a publicly traded company, but its important to note that doesnt make them a public place such as a park maintained by the state. As a public company, they are duty bound to the shareholders to make a profit. If the content they carry is offensive to the masses who opt to vote with their feet, then the company is duty bound to address whatever the issue is. If 5% of the user base is causing 95% of the total users to leave, then the company needs to fix it or go out of business like that bakery. Private enterprise does not owe you a right to speech in what amounts to their yard. Nobody is stopping people from developing their own platforms and saying what they want, they just aren't letting theirs be used.
                        i disagree about facebook and twitter, they are monopolies number 1.

                        number 2 they are the new public square. there is no other twitter where people can go speek feely to the same numbers of people. twitter and facebook should be looked at like a public utility of the modern age.

                        number 3, those controvertial postings is what twitter and face book live from, their algorythims promote that shit to your feed taylor made to engage you as long as possible.

                        their banning is often agenda driven, based on the principle of cancel culture. this can be seen by the constant revision and lengthening of the list of banned subjects and words.




                        "it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

                        not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          They are not the public square though, as they are not funded or controlled by the general public or government; they are a for profit business. If I have a party I dont have to let everyone in, even if its just a 5 buck cup party. I would be a bit reluctant on taking over private enterprise to make it public space where the sort of rights you seem to want would apply.

                          People don't owe you an audience, not having people listen to what you say does not diminish your right to say things. There isn't anything stopping conservatives from making their own platforms, i believe there is some conservative version of Facebook (parler) that boots liberals. I think that's fine. They shouldn't be forced to hear a pov they don't want, same as liberals. Not having a large user base to spread whatever message isn't the problem of the places that do. If I start a restaurant and no one shows up, its not the fault of the place across town where they all eat.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by xavier7995 View Post
                            They are not the public square though, as they are not funded or controlled by the general public or government; they are a for profit business. If I have a party I dont have to let everyone in, even if its just a 5 buck cup party. I would be a bit reluctant on taking over private enterprise to make it public space where the sort of rights you seem to want would apply.

                            People don't owe you an audience, not having people listen to what you say does not diminish your right to say things. There isn't anything stopping conservatives from making their own platforms, i believe there is some conservative version of Facebook (parler) that boots liberals. I think that's fine. They shouldn't be forced to hear a pov they don't want, same as liberals. Not having a large user base to spread whatever message isn't the problem of the places that do. If I start a restaurant and no one shows up, its not the fault of the place across town where they all eat.
                            thats all very well, but i never said people should be forced to listen, lol.

                            truth is facebook and twitter have too much power to remain as they are. they need to be chopped up into national sites, where all data is kep in the countries the member lives in. they have become monopoly like giants that can influence elections better then any chinese or russian hackers.

                            no sensible government should allow a private for profit corporation have that power, its undemocratic in the extreem and its ripe for manipulation and abuse. cut them up, let them communicate by all means, but members datta should stay in members home nations.




                            "it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

                            not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              thats exactly the point, these sites are not allowing the viewers to just choose what to watch, they make decisions about who can succeed and who's content will be supressed or banned. if it was a full free market i wouldn't say a word. but it's not, its agenda driven.




                              "it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

                              not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X