What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things Falling Apart: BAD SIGNS

mowood3479

Veteran
pretty easy to do when you strawman the shit out of "wokeness"

comedian bombs on stage by telling shitty jokes - fucking wokeness cancel culture

dr suess publisher decides to take some books off the shelf - fucking wokeness cancel culture

can't discriminate against people who come into my business? - fucking wokeness cancel culture

neo nazi doesnt get a warm reception at a college campus where they go specifically to cause a divisive media driven reaction? - fucking wokeness cancel culture

stubbed my toe? - fucking wokeness cancel culture

U are currently strawmaning the argument that people strawman wokeness... which is good enough to make me laugh.. even when my well pump is being fucky.
thx comrade

St. Phatty

American Express tried to force me into the late payment category Friday night, May 28.

Comical, in a dark humor way.

They officially processed my check about 2 hours after the deadline.

At 10 PM on Friday night on a Memorial Day weekend they have staff opening envelopes ?!

If I hadn't made a second payment via ACH, they would have hit me up for an extra $50 to $100 in late fees and forced interest payments.

Since I did send a second $1000, they can now loan MY money, to the people who got pushed into the late category.

I've been with them about 25 years and have never seen them act like this.

Fascinating Scam they got going.

What do they think customers do when they make it 100% clear that they will interfere with timely payment of bills ?

Since it's just one data point, it's just interesting.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They are all broke and need the fees. Simple solution is to take a pair of scissors to the card, and don't get another one.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
OK, here's another really bad sign of things falling apart. Now it begins, the inevitable aftermath of climate change, the intersection of climate disasters, Covid, shortage of goods and disrupted supply chains. Hello inflation or much, much worse!

Another shipping crisis strikes, threatening delays to Black Friday shopping (aol.com) - that's end of November pre-Christmas shopping (not that it isn't already noticable) :

The 2021 holiday shopping season could be marred by out-of-stock goods and shipping delays as flooding in Europe and China exacerbate already strained global supply chains.

Western Europe and China’s Henan province — a key transportation hub and home to several major businesses — are grappling with the aftermath of devastating floods.

The disasters have damaged railways used for the delivery of goods and raw materials in both regions. Water rushed into industrial areas, extensively damaging facilities, machinery and warehouses, companies in the supply chain industry told CNBC.

“Black Friday and the holiday season, for which products (and raw materials) are being staged, will face the brunt of the impact,” Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of supply chain software firm E2open told CNBC in an email.

“Consumer electronics, dorm room furniture, clothing and appliances will all continue to be in short supply as back-to-school shopping starts up, and will trickle into the peak holiday shopping season,” he said.
“Consumer electronics, dorm room furniture, clothing and appliances will all continue to be in short supply as back-to-school shopping starts up."
Delays from the distribution of raw materials needed to produce goods will have a cascading effect and disrupt supply chains “for weeks and months,” Joshi said.

Supply chains have already been majorly disrupted this year by crises such as the shortage of shipping containers, the Suez Canal incident and Covid cases — all causing delays at the shipping hubs in Southern China.

Even if there are deals for the peak online shopping season, Joshi said it’s likely there will be fewer and the discounts will probably be smaller. Prices may also go up for some goods, he said.

“Come Black Friday, we can likely expect to see prices rise for all sorts of goods such as consumer electronics, furniture, apparel and appliances,” he added.

Separately, Apple CEO Tim Cook also said during an earnings call last week that freight costs are high.

Several companies, including Germany’s largest steel maker, Thyssenkrupp, have declared force majeure. A force majeure event occurs when unforeseeable circumstances such as natural catastrophes prevent one party from fulfilling its contractual duties, absolving it from penalties.

Some of the worst-hit industries from the floods include autos, technology and electronics, according to those who spoke with CNBC.

Car production is likely to be hammered by manufacturing delays as many of the world’s major automakers and their suppliers are based in regions devastated by the floods.

“The flooding has the potential to throw another wrench into the mix for the auto industry, which is already reeling from a semiconductor shortage,” Pawan said.

Manufacturing facilities in Germany, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium are expected to bear the brunt of the damage from the floods, supply chain risk management firm Everstream told CNBC via email. Many suppliers that provide specialized parts for the auto, technology and aerospace industries are based there, said Shehrina Kamal, vice president of intelligence solutions at Everstream.

“As floodwater started to recede, most major highways and roads were expected to be cleared over the past weekend; however, due to the extent of water damages in some affected industrial areas, manufacturing operations are unlikely to resume as quickly, potentially impacting supply availability,” she said.

“Given that some companies have already issued profit warnings and even declared force majeure, the effects of the flooding will likely continue to ripple through supply chains for several weeks to come,” Kamal concluded.

The floods could also disrupt the supply of copper, which is used in many products from electronics to electric vehicles. Henan province is a major copper production hub, noted Vivek Dhar, a commodities analyst at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Copper prices last week rose strongly on supply concerns, he said, as Henan has seen strong growth in copper smelting in recent years.

“Copper demand hopes are linked to rebuilding damaged infrastructure in central China. The power sector in China is a particularly strong driver of copper demand,” Dhar wrote in a note last week.

In Henan’s capital, Zhengzhou, the disruption could hit a broad swath of industries from autos to pharmaceuticals and biotech, said Ryan Seah, APAC intelligence analyst at Everstream.

“Zhengzhou is a vital transportation hub and is one of China’s principal cities along the Belt and Road Initiative,” said Seah, referring to China’s mammoth infrastructure plan that stretches across several countries and continents. He added that the city is home to 91 companies listed in China and a wide range of sectors.

Zhengzhou is also home to a major factory run by Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn. It is the world’s biggest assembly plant for Apple’s iPhones. Foxconn previously told CNBC that it had “activated an emergency response plan for flood control measures in that location.”

:clock watch: :tiphat:

buzzmobile

Veteran

It's probably time to cancel Christmas.

Foxconn previously told CNBC that it had “activated an emergency response plan for flood control measures in that location.”

Emergency response plan has been activated.
ziplock phone.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Oopsie, here's another Bad Sign of a popular narrative falling apart:

FBI finds SCANT evidence Capitol riot was coordinated by pro-Trump or far-right groups, report says | Daily Mail Online

FBI has found SCANT evidence the Capitol riot was an organized plot to overturn the election and does not believe it was centrally coordinated by Trump supporters or far-right groups, agents say
  • More than 570 alleged Capitol riot participants have been arrested by the feds
  • About 90 to 95 percent are 'one-off cases,' a former senior official said
  • Even organized groups like the Oathkeepers and Proud Boys who aimed to breach the Capitol had no serious plans on what to do once inside, the FBI says
  • FBI so far has no evidence that Trump or people directly in his orbit were involved in organizing the violence on January 6, despite his incendiary speech
  • Violent Trump supporters stormed the Capitol after a Stop the Steal rally in DC
  • Nine people died in connection with the MAGA riot, including five officers
...... click on the link for more! :dance:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
....... and if there were 'no serious plans on what to do once inside' that means there was no insurrection, just another 'mostly peaceful protest' that was turned into a riot by a few, not much different than all the other riots that preceded them! ;):tiphat::bigeye:

moose eater

Group-think in humans; things can get weird in a hurry. In some circumstances, we're far less disciplined than wolves, and not nearly as cool to photograph.

Amynamous

Oopsie, here's another Bad Sign of a popular narrative falling apart:p

FBI finds SCANT evidence Capitol riot was coordinated by pro-Trump or far-right groups, report says | Daily Mail Online

FBI has found SCANT evidence the Capitol riot was an organized plot to overturn the election and does not believe it was centrally coordinated by Trump supporters or far-right groups, agents say
  • More than 570 alleged Capitol riot participants have been arrested by the feds
  • About 90 to 95 percent are 'one-off cases,' a former senior official said
  • Even organized groups like the Oathkeepers and Proud Boys who aimed to breach the Capitol had no serious plans on what to do once inside, the FBI says
  • FBI so far has no evidence that Trump or people directly in his orbit were involved in organizing the violence on January 6, despite his incendiary speech
  • Violent Trump supporters stormed the Capitol after a Stop the Steal rally in DC
  • Nine people died in connection with the MAGA riot, including five officers
...... click on the link for more! :dance:

Considering how “STORM THE CAPITOL” became a movement complete with identical motives and methods in hundreds if not thousands of trump supporters in much the same way that “STOP THE STEAL” became a movement complete with identical motives and methods in hundreds if not thousands of trump supporters, i would argue that January 6th was in fact, centrally coordinated. Personally, i do not believe it’s actually been fully investigated…yet.

Edit:pS- i believe that Roger Stone and Steve Bannon were directly involved in starting and operating the STOP THE STEAL movement. And Roger had a very tight relationship with the oath breakers.

Amynamous

....... and if there were 'no serious plans on what to do once inside' that means there was no insurrection, just another 'mostly peaceful protest' that was turned into a riot by a few, not much different than all the other riots that preceded them! ;):tiphat::bigeye:

It seemed to me that the folks who wore kevlar vests and helmets, carried tasers and restraints and were eagerly searching for certain government officials definitely had a plan.

Kind of reminds me of the 9-11 hijackers. I remember reading that not everybody involved knew it was a suicide mission. Apparently, only the “pilots” were aware of the real plan. The rest just came along for the ride.

moose eater

Well, I guess the FBI musta been wrong then. :shucks:

The FBI's been wrong before (and dishonest), many times over. It's a shame they enjoy the esteem they do, and a barometric reading of just how fucked up our government is, re. integrity and ethics.

Look at the Supreme Court Justice they were supposed to have investigated, yet it came out that NO follow-up occurred after thousands of tips were left.

These are the folks we support or trust. The same mo-fo's who ordered and whitewashed the assassination of Fred Hampton in Chicago under J. Edgar.

The only thing worse than a violent sociopathic criminal, is a violent sociopathic criminal in a suit with a badge and immunity.

Amynamous

Well, I guess the FBI musta been wrong then. :shucks:

lol
I’m not saying that.
I’m just guessing they haven’t had time to truly do a deep dive into the real origins.
The FBI has been kind of busy lately.
Perhaps someone else will investigate.
STORM THE CAPITOL sounds like a Bannon,Stone, Giuliani production to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts