What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiohi

Veteran
More options to obtain a conviction. If they don't charge it, you can't be found guilty of it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
More options to obtain a conviction. If they don't charge it, you can't be found guilty of it.

interesting, i thought they have to chose 1 or the other, but i suppose it makes sense if the intentional part is not proven beyond doubt, then they get 2nd degree. but whats the 3rd one about? doesn't seem to make much logical sense, but im no lawyer. i just hope that this leads to cops being trained in de-escalation better. it should also no be that there is different standards for cops. if it's illegal for me to take someone down, it should be illegal for the cops too. ie if its not self defence or defence of others no deadly force allowed.

here in Switzerland you can not even become a cop unless you already have absolved mastery of some trade or job. so you have to complete a formal apprenticeship as an electrician, builder, what ever, this takes 3 to 5 years, only then can you aply to become a cop, this education takes 2 more years. only then do we let you lose on the citizens with a weapon and the state monopoly of force.

Absolem

here in Switzerland you can not even become a cop unless you already have absolved mastery of some trade or job. so you have to complete a formal apprenticeship as an electrician, builder, what ever, this takes 3 to 5 years, only then can you aply to become a cop, this education takes 2 more years. only then do we let you lose on the citizens with a weapon and the state monopoly of force.

In the states you take a six month police academy course and are handed a gun and badge and can take away people's constitutional rights. Pretty sad. Police should be required to have a 2 year associates degree in criminal justice before they start police academy. IMO that would solve a lot of problems we have with police in the states and it would weed out the people who shouldn't be cops.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In the states you take a six month police academy course and are handed a gun and badge and can take away people's constitutional rights. Pretty sad. Police should be required to have a 2 year associates degree in criminal justice before they start police academy. IMO that would solve a lot of problems we have with police in the states and it would weed out the people who shouldn't be cops.

the aggressive assholes that keep making news should be surgically neutered if they want to stay on the job. it works with dogs...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is more how cops are here, but maybe not in the big cities quite that nice. still, if you are in the country this is possible even here.

packerfan79

Veteran
this is more how cops are here, but maybe not in the big cities quite that nice. still, if you are in the country this is possible even here.

That would be nice, unfortunately we have a vast criminal culture in this country. The rise of BLM, is just gas on the fire. Murder rates are up in virtually every city with any discernable minority communities.

Minneapolis has dedicated millions to recruit new police officers, after they did everything they could to demonize every cop, and run them off the job.It's the height of irony. Another year or two of this and you will have no cops. None.

This narrative that the media pushes is completely created by the media. A cop is 18 times as likely to be killed by a black man, than a black man is to be killed by a cop.

The most liberal newspapers in the country have posted the stats. 2019, 24 unarmed black men, were killed by the cops. Mind you unarmed doesn't mean non violent, or not a threat. Every death is a tragedy, but in no way is it an epidemic.

Cannavore

Veteran
That would be nice, unfortunately we have a vast criminal culture in this country.
bull shit

The rise of BLM, is just gas on the fire.
yeah those darn blacks wishing they weren't shot and killed at twice the rate of whites for the same fucking crimes.

Murder rates are up in virtually every city with any discernable minority communities.
it's almost like we've been through a pandemic that trump allowed 500k to die from and people have gone crazy as a lack of result from the federal government. if 2020 didn't radicalize you into a leftist you fucking weren't paying attention.

In 2019, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 16,425. This was a 0.3 percent increase from the 2018 estimate, a 3.4 percent increase from the 2015 figure, and an 11.6 percent increase from the number in 2010.

Minneapolis has dedicated millions to recruit new police officers, after they did everything they could to demonize every cop, and run them off the job.It's the height of irony. Another year or two of this and you will have no cops. None.
hyperbolic garbage

This narrative that the media pushes is completely created by the media.
you mean the narrative of systemic racism? yeah, no, that's a proven fact.

A cop is 18 times as likely to be killed by a black man, than a black man is to be killed by a cop.
keep attacking innocent people. fuck around and find out.

The most liberal newspapers in the country have posted the stats. 2019, 24 unarmed black men, were killed by the cops. Mind you unarmed doesn't mean non violent, or not a threat. Every death is a tragedy, but in no way is it an epidemic.

police killed 6557 black american men from 2014 through 2019. if you defend this you're a fucking plebian.

packerfan79

Veteran
bull shit

yeah those darn blacks wishing they weren't shot and killed at twice the rate of whites for the same fucking crimes.

it's almost like we've been through a pandemic that trump allowed 500k to die from and people have gone crazy as a lack of result from the federal government. if 2020 didn't radicalize you into a leftist you fucking weren't paying attention.

In 2019, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 16,425. This was a 0.3 percent increase from the 2018 estimate, a 3.4 percent increase from the 2015 figure, and an 11.6 percent increase from the number in 2010.

hyperbolic garbage

you mean the narrative of systemic racism? yeah, no, that's a proven fact.

keep attacking innocent people. fuck around and find out.

police killed 6557 black american men from 2014 through 2019. if you defend this you're a fucking plebian.

Yup, you're leftist. How many were killed because they were trying to kill cops or innocent people?

Cops are 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man, than they are to kill a black man. That says it all.

I use a little thing called logic, so no I will never be a leftist.

I am not defending anything, the police in the vast majority of cases were defending themselves, and law abiding citizens.

The fact that you think cops should, just allow people to kill them, so the stats don't bother you , shows you are incapable of objective thought.

Yes systemic racism exists, in the halls of power which are run by DEMOCRATS.

Thanks for playing

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
xxxxxxxxxtouxxxxxx How many were killed because they were trying to kill cops or innocent people?

Cops are 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man, than they are to kill a black man. That says it all.

I use a little thing called logic, so no I will never be a leftist.

I am not defending anything, the police in the vast majority of cases were defending themselves, and law abiding citizens.

The fact that you think cops should, just allow people to kill them, so the stats don't bother you , shows you are incapable of objective thought.

Yes systemic racism exists, in the halls of power which are run by DEMOCRATS.

Thanks for playing, you are the weakest link.

In his/her defense , connavore is working through some issues , at the moment.His/Hers Alexa has been infiltrated by blm.Most recently the patient has made strides in acclimating into his/her own skin.As its therapy continues I would ask to refrain from confronting the patient as he is vulnerable at this time.Moreover , studies show that removing the contributing factor ie Alexa all at once can be detrimental to the patients progress, so to continue within this frame work the patient will be tapered off the mind control entity in steps,and will continue to be monitored closely.Today we've begun visual aid therapy by introducing short videos on a loop,general acts of kindness from caucasians to african americans.The patient responded well as evidenced by petscan,the pleasure centers of the brain showed hyper activity while being shown clips of white NFL coaches hugging black players,and praising them.
It's going to be a long road, but the baby steps are part of the patients road to recovery.We ask you to bear with him during this difficult time.

I thank you in advance,the patients Healthcare provider.
And thank you for helping to end the stigma of mental illness.We are all in this together for a brighter tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

packerfan79

Veteran
In his/her defense , connavore is working through some issues , at the moment.His/Hers Alexa has been infiltrated by blm.Most recently the patient has made strides in acclimating into his/her own skin.As its therapy continues I would ask to refrain from confronting the patient as he is vulnerable at this time.Moreover , studies show that removing the contributing factor ie Alexa all at once can be detrimental to the patients progress, so to continue within this frame work the patient will be tapered off the mind control entity in steps,and will continue to be monitored closely.Today we've begun visual aid therapy by introducing short videos on a loop,general acts of kindness from caucasians to african americans.The patient responded well as evidenced by petscan,the pleasure centers of the brain showed hyper activity while being shown clips of white NFL coaches hugging black players,and praising them.
It's going to be a long road, but the baby steps are part of the patients road to recovery.We ask you to bear with him during this difficult time.

I thank you in advance,the patients Healthcare provider.
And thank you for helping to end the stigma of mental illness.We are all in this together for a brighter tomorrow.

I won't stand in the way of mental health. Let's hope you can bring him back from the brink.

I knew there was a good reason I didn't buy a self imposed wire tap.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
LEO, in MANY of these instances, killed someone for resisting arrest, fleeing an attempted arrest, or for "refusal to submit". unless the arrest was for a violent felony, killing them in an attempt to arrest them or for "refusing to submit" is not a legal option. this is why most states have outlawed most high-speed chases. you cannot justify killing someone over a misdemeanor violation. just because grand juries refuse to indict cops for doing so does not mean it was legal. it means we need better educated citizens on grand juries. some states are now doing away with (or thinking about it) the legal concept of immunity from prosecution for officers that cross the line. it is about damned time too, in my opinion.

audiohi

Veteran
New Mexico Is the Second State to Ban Qualified Immunity
Lawmakers passed the New Mexico Civil Rights Act on Wednesday.
https://innocenceproject.org/new-mexico-bans-qualified-immunity-police-accountability/

The legislation effectively bans qualified immunity — a judicial doctrine that shields state actors, including law enforcement officials, from liability, even when they knowingly break the law. New Mexico is now the second state to ban qualified immunity, following Colorado which enacted legislation to end the practice in June 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts