What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowood3479

Veteran
did the cop they bludgeoned to death with a flag pole have insurance?

Yes, he probably did have life insurance thru his dept.

I would posit that it’s bad when angry mobs kill anyone, cop or not cop.

(also According to cnn on 2/22 sure that medical examiner found no signs of blunt force trauma)

one would think being beaten to death with a flag pole or fire extinguisher would you know leave a mark

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
This is good vs evil. Damn man, I cannot believe how fucked up this world is some days. This comparison is seriously powerful to me.

Rejoice in the face that you notice it as it truly is. Most people aren't that capable and they are driven by a subconscious narrative they don't quite understand themselves. They simply project the mistrust and discord that was handed down by the generation prior.

Show off apathy and compartmentalization as if it wasn't the impetus that defined their lack of contentment today.

🎨🖼🎭

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
There was, but his thread got shutdown by a mod who didn't like what he had to say.

really? details pls. shut down for calling people fucked up shit, or for stating his opinion in a coherent way?

thought this was vaguely on topic and really quite factual as well as important to be included in any discussions about equality.

Larry Elder SHUTS DOWN Reparations Bill at Congressional Hearing | Larry Elder

Brother Nature

I thought he was stating his opinion in a valid way, wasn't a thread with a ton of constructive conversations but it didn't seem as divisive as some of the other speakers corner threads that are still open. Was a thread originally in the California section that got moved to speakers corner. Don't feel comfortable naming names but it came across as that specific mod had something against the thread starter and shut him up.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i don't think Gypsy wants anyone to be shut up, we mods are supposed to only step in if there is a need.
disagreeing with someone isn't really a legit reason to use mod powers.
the good thing is, it's easy for members to start new threads.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i don't think Gypsy wants anyone to be shut up, we mods are supposed to only step in if there is a need.
disagreeing with someone isn't really a legit reason to use mod powers.
the good thing is, it's easy for members to start new threads.

As we know that doesn't always happen. Some still use their mod powers for different ideological disagreements.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
As we know that doesn't always happen. Some still use their mod powers for different ideological disagreements.

to be fair, we have mods on both sides of this spectrum on purpose. i have seen both sides step over the line before, but then im sure ive done so myself without noticing. we are just flawed human after all. all we can do is try to be fair about it, while knowing we won't always be successful.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Ya - we have Mods who all have different ideas and opinions - some of them might seem extreme to some - while at the same time appearing fair to others - its all about perception - at least we have Mods - if not then this place would be a spam infested troll hole -

CaptainDankness

I think its pretty sad that in such uncertain and volatile times, when someone has an emotional response people call them “triggered”. So fucking what? Is everyone supposed to be emotionless and not believe a single thing they see or hear? What the fuck kind of mental disease is that? If you are apathetic in todays world, you suck.

Triggered!! :laughing: emotions are for women, men are supposed to be more like John Wayne and less like Michael Jackson, but here we are in 2021 talking about feelings. :blowbubbles:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Triggered!! :laughing: emotions are for women, men are supposed to be more like John Wayne and less like Michael Jackson, but here we are in 2021 talking about feelings. :blowbubbles:

This isn't the 50's dude lol.. It is 2021, Men and women are no different and should be treated as such.. There ain't no going back to women a more emotional lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.