What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a story you’ll never see...
Govt man tells the truth....YEP, SHOOTING STRAIGHT, BACK UP WITH RELIABLE evidence.

Also tell ur boy fishxxxx to go ahead and ban me permanently idgaf

Hilarious, MO. If you really idgaf, you wouldn't be posting here and be doing something else away from posting insults.......

Getting Americans masked up is a top priority for the Biden administration.

Biden, who calls wearing masks "a patriotic act," signed an executive order Wednesday -- his very first as President -- to ask Americans to wear masks of their choice for the first 100 days of the new administration. The executive order also requires mask use on all federal property, though in this case, not just any old mask will do.
On Wednesday, after the inauguration, White House press secretary Jen Psaki showed off her bright white N95 mask in the press briefing room. "I wore it out, of course, here today and will continue to do that," Psaki said after removing her medical-grade mask and before turning to questions.

N95 masks are considered the gold standard in personal protective equipment because they block 95% of large and small particles utilizing a unique electrostatic filter.

It works this way: Go to Decluttr.com and select the make, model and condition of your device for a free instant valuation.

The filter works by trapping neutral particles like bacteria and viruses before they pass through the mask, protecting the wearer and those around them. It's similar to how socks might get stuck to a blanket in the dryer. The N95 mask, which costs roughly $5, also fits securely to the face, eliminating most of the leakage that may occur with a loose-fitting cloth or paper mask.

Studies have shown that masks significantly decrease the chances of transmitting or contracting the coronavirus. But not all masks provide equal protection. Depending on the fabric and number of layers, homemade and simple cloth masks have a range of effectiveness that can be as low as 26%, which leaves the wearer vulnerable.

Some experts like Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School physician Dr. Abraar Karan have been advocating for public use of N95 masks from the start of the pandemic. In an interview with CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Karan outlined why N95s are critical at this stage of the pandemic.

As Gry has mentioned several times, N-95 masks should be readily available for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

mowood3479

Veteran
Blah de blah bullshit

Forty layer hijabs for everyone (whether you consent or not)

And I do mean it, ban me permanently... I double dog dare y’all.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a story you’ll never see...
Govt man tells the truth

Also tell ur boy fish to go ahead and ban me permanently idgaf sick of arguing with dictatorial sycophants
Added insult. Thanks!

Then put me on "ignore" and don't respond to my posts with unreliable info. Pretty easy.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210119/experts-call-for-better-masks-as-pandemic-rolls-on

The U.S. needs a more coordinated effort to do two things: protect those wearing masks from getting the virus, and prevent those who have the virus from emitting the droplets and aerosols that spread COVID-19, especially when they’re asymptomatic and don’t know they’re infected.

mowood3479

Veteran
Pay attention to what the govt man says
1.Everyone is infected ( whether you are or not is immaterial)
2. Your consent means nothing to him.

Probably my farewell post.
It’s been good, Later to all the real ones.
Fuck the feds

I would just like to add that if ur not fat, old or near death this virus is statistically less likely to harm you than ur car.
I’m not afraid of my car

G

We have N95's still available here, but the ones currently are not the better 3M 8210's, with plugged straps and a better seal, with no port. The ones they had at the shop I phoned are non-ported, off-brand, but stapled bands, and those don't hold up.

The 3M 8210's are a relatively deluxe N95, but the shop where I scored my last deal on a box of 20 of them, for $26, has been hunting for them. The same shop had only 3 boxes of 20 when I bought these as back-up to the GVS Elipse P100 half-masks, in case the airline policy enforcement became absurd again, and they denied me the ability to wear my better mask, with a surgical mask over the port. I didn't want to be greedy, so only took 1 of the 3 boxes.

As was posted, The Lancet has published a cumulative collection of studies, weeks ago, showing masks, in general, to be 85% effective. And I believe that collection of studies involved close to 200 countries (?).

When this Virus is slated as becoming 30% more lethal, per recent news re. one of the newer strains/mutations, why would we NOT do everything we can to help to contain it? Seriously.

I had encounters at the stores and businesses yesterday that I wrote up elsewhere. Seems that even after 10 months of this, there's a WHOLE LOT of scofflaws that don't mind screwing up the numbers and helping to infect others, so they can protest a face covering.

Nothing shy of true insanity, if I am to give my opinion. And at least some negligence happening, if not malice.

mowood3479

Veteran
We have N95's still available here, but the ones currently are not the better 3M 8210's, with plugged straps and a better seal, with no port. The ones they had at the shop I phoned are non-ported, off-brand, but stapled bands, and those don't hold up.

The 3M 8210's are a relatively deluxe N95, but the shop where I scored my last deal on a box of 20 of them, for $26, has been hunting for them. The same shop had only 3 boxes of 20 when I bought these as back-up to the GVS Elipse P100 half-masks, in case the airline policy enforcement became absurd again, and they denied me the ability to wear my better mask, with a surgical mask over the port. I didn't want to be greedy, so only took 1 of the 3 boxes.

As was posted, The Lancet has published a cumulative collection of studies, weeks ago, showing masks, in general, to be 85% effective. And I believe that collection of studies involved close to 200 countries (?).

When this Virus is slated as becoming 30% more lethal, per recent news re. one of the newer strains/mutations, why would we NOT do everything we can to help to contain it? Seriously.

I had encounters at the stores and businesses yesterday that I wrote up elsewhere. Seems that even after 10 months of this, there's a WHOLE LOT of scofflaws that don't mind screwing up the numbers and helping to infect others, so they can protest a face covering.

Nothing shy of true insanity, if I am to give my opinion. And at least some negligence happening, if not malice.

Lolz..
You want to talk about malice?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/21/9593...igns-order-requiring-face-coverings-on-planes
Mask up or you won't be allowed to board a plane, train or bus. President Biden signed an executive order Thursday, requiring passengers to wear face coverings during interstate travel.

It's one of 10 executive orders signed by the president today aimed at addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, which has killed more than 400,000 Americans.

Airlines and their employees have been seeking such a federal mask mandate almost since the pandemic began, as they've struggled to deal with score of passengers who refuse to follow the airlines' own mask-wearing rules.

But the Trump administration had refused to enact such a mask mandate, as Trump himself and many in his administration often made a point of going mask-less. The former president hosted huge rallies with like-minded supporters, often mocking Biden and others who wore masks, in spite of overwhelming evidence that properly worn face coverings significantly reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission.

As a result, fights between airline passengers over someone's refusal to wear a face mask have become all too familiar during the pandemic.

Should have been encouraged back in Feb when former non-leader knew about COVID from Xi's phone call.

It's a start.

Last edited:

mowood3479

Veteran
Mask up or you won't be allowed to board a plane, train or bus. President Biden signed an executive order Thursday, requiring passengers to wear face coverings during interstate travel.

It's one of 10 executive orders signed by the president today aimed at addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, which has killed more than 400,000 Americans.

Airlines and their employees have been seeking such a federal mask mandate almost since the pandemic began, as they've struggled to deal with score of passengers who refuse to follow the airlines' own mask-wearing rules.

But the Trump administration had refused to enact such a mask mandate, as Trump himself and many in his administration often made a point of going mask-less. The former president hosted huge rallies with like-minded supporters, often mocking Biden and others who wore masks, in spite of overwhelming evidence that properly worn face coverings significantly reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission.

As a result, fights between airline passengers over someone's refusal to wear a face mask have become all too familiar during the pandemic.

Should have been encouraged back in Feb when former non-leader knew about COVID from Xi's phone call.

It's a start.

You haven’t been allowed on a plane without a mask in almost a year.
But keep spreading lies... I know it is ur job

imiubu

Pay attention to what the govt man says
1.Everyone is infected ( whether you are or not is immaterial)
2. Your consent means nothing to him.

Probably my farewell post.
It’s been good, Later to all the real ones.
Fuck the feds

I have not read where you have posted anything outside of the TOU.
If you are again banned; from my personal observation/ experience, it would be due only to a strong opposing opinion and therefore an entirely biased (per usual) and therefore (should be) a questionable action.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are again banned; from my personal observation/ experience, it would be due only to a strong opposing opinion and therefore an entirely biased (per usual) and therefore (should be) a questionable action.

Strong opposing opinions do not equate with continual insults/attacks.

buzzmobile

Veteran
And I do mean it, ban me permanently... I double dog dare y’all.

It's time to Triple Dog Ban you.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ban.jpg
    ban.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 31

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You haven’t been allowed on a plane without a mask in almost a year.
But keep spreading lies... I know it is ur job

Ummmm, folks have been flying since summer, MO.
Now Biden wants a mask mandate on transportation (recycled air in planes), crowded mass transit. NPR, I quoted.

mowood3479

Veteran

It’s all good. I appreciate the sentiment
But I would prefer the ban hammer.
This place went from a bad ass outlaw hangout to fucking dork patrol.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's time to Triple Dog Ban you.
View Image

Love it Buzzz....I use Degree....guess I need to amp up on degrees of information to correct mis-information.

Recall the pubescent 7th grade boys wearing AXE to attract the girls like pheromones in middle school. Hilarious!

And my comment "That's Funny", it was regarding MO's comments/insult....not the terrible insecurity of jobs, food, folks with COVID, their caregivers, et.al. caused by this pandemic. CORRECTION OF WHAT MO insinuated.

Attachments

• GUEST_91ecdf3f-4653-4f4f-8eab-7c1ded27b166.jpg
    GUEST_91ecdf3f-4653-4f4f-8eab-7c1ded27b166.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 24
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 25

imiubu

Ummmm, folks have been flying since summer, MO.
Now Biden wants a mask mandate on transportation (recycled air in planes), crowded mass transit. NPR, I quoted.

MO stated: no flying without a mask for about a year now prior to your post. He is correct.

This was not Biden's doing.

Get real for cripes sake.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

On a roll today, eh, MO?

Within a day of being sworn in as the 46th president of the United States, Joe Biden signed executive orders mandating mask-wearing on federal property, at airports, and on planes, buses, and trains as part of his plan to combat the coronavirus pandemic that has killed more than 414,000 people in the US. (<<<<<< as of today)

Biden's focus on the importance of wearing a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19 marks a significant break from the Trump administration, which grossly mismanaged the pandemic and recklessly downplayed masks' effectiveness, against the advice of the CDC, scientists, and public health officials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.