What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I haven't been careful at all, but then again I would rather build up immunity rather then jeopardize my immune system with a mask. Besides im young and healthy, this virus won't even effect me in a negative way. The few people I know my age who caught the virus showed no symptoms.

Boogie, the newer variant out of South Africa, now being found in other Countries, is apparently more commonly affecting healthy younger persons, and is delivering more severe symptoms to the young.

It's my understanding that there literally may be close to a thousand mutations of the virus, and about 3 or 4 are being tracked and studied more than the others.

Please, do yourself and your loved ones (and neighbors) a favor, and do what you can to not be one of those folks.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I haven't been careful at all, but then again I would rather build up immunity rather then jeopardize my immune system with a mask. Besides im young and healthy, this virus won't even effect me in a negative way. The few people I know my age who caught the virus showed no symptoms.
Tell that to the 3 yr old on record who has caught it!

'Boogieman'

Boogie, the newer variant out of South Africa, now being found in other Countries, is apparently more commonly affecting healthy younger persons, and is delivering more severe symptoms to the young.

It's my understanding that there literally may be close to a thousand mutations of the virus, and about 3 or 4 are being tracked and studied more than the others.

Please, do yourself and your loved ones (and neighbors) a favor, and do what you can to not be one of those folks.

I'm in the country sorta, don't need to worry about neighbors I only see their house when the leaves fall. My family doesn't wear a mask, if I was to I would get ridiculed and they would probably start assuming I'm a liberal. I will ask our customers if they want me to wear a mask when I call them and tell them I'm on the way. Most people say no, and expect a handshake when you arrive.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in the country sorta, don't need to worry about neighbors I only see their house when the leaves fall. My family doesn't wear a mask, if I was to I would get ridiculed and they would probably start assuming I'm a liberal. I will ask our customers if they want me to wear a mask when I call them and tell them I'm on the way. Most people say no, and expect a handshake when you arrive.

now add 2 cups of chocolate chips and you have the recipe for covid chip cookies!:bigeye:

G

I am both liberal and conservative, depending on the scope, though lower case 'l' libertarian, and more liberal than not, leaning heavily toward some forms of populism, humanitarianism, constitutionalism, and a soft free market..

Used to joke with some rednecks I knew on a casual basis, back when I collected class III stuff, that, "I'm your worst nightmare; a hippy with a machinegun."

I've been laughed at, mocked, and more since wearing my GVS Elipse P100 half-mask, w/ a surgical mask over it to contain the exhaust port, and 6-mil nitrile black mechanics gloves.

A day or 2 after my serious 128 pulse rate ordeal, I was in no mood for such small-mindedness, and nearly knocked one brazen individual out, who thought it his place to mock others for their safety needs, while he had ZERO knowledge of my conditions, OR what my mask would stop or not stop... or anyone else's he mocked. (*Him I took time to confront and call out, and he ended up being what most persons are who do such things; a true pussy).

I just did a round-trip flight to Seattle from Interior Alaska, wearing a Venom hard face shield, and the other gear as described.

Data coming out of Anchorage Int'l Airport, written up in the Anchorage Daily News, stated, about a month ago, that 1:20 passengers deplaning in Anchorage were pos. for C-19.

If those numbers fit in my area, and there's no reason they shouldn't that I can come up with, that means there were likely 8-10 persons on my plane who were positive.

I can't definitively say what did what for who, but I can tell you that, statistically, I was quite probably in fairly tight shared space with 8-10 persons who were pos. for COVID, and my initial re-entry to Alaska C-19 test is negative. Re-testing tomorrow at the airport, I hope, for my second required test.

Please don't fuck around with this Boogie.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ware sugar skulls every ware I go .

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 28

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Said it before, will say it again....it's a g-l-o-b-a-l health crisis not political. Other diseases that wiped out families, communities, regions, because it was not understood how to avoid it. Tuberculosis, small pox, polio to name a few, it was UNKNOWN how to avoid other than isolate. Globally, we know how to lessen the COVID virus (viruses mutate and grow more virulent) by the mantra.

Masks are a simple tool as Dr. Redfield mentioned to dramatically decrease occurrence.

But you choose not to listen, hear, understand. There's a difference.
Lake County still has a high rate of COVID cases, daily.

https://covidactnow.org/us/indiana-in/county/lake_county/?s=1533481

growlegal

Veteran
The virus isn't political
Any business owner who doesn't take it serious deserves the loss of sales his poor business model causes
In other words punching yourself in the face isn't a plan
:trampoline:

JCF

Obviously you do not own a business. But our common ground is the virus is not political. Therefore, I do not accept politicians making it political. Have you read "The Great Barrington Declaration? It's a good read from the Medical profession.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Obviously you do not own a business. But our common ground is the virus is not political. Therefore, I do not accept politicians making it political. Have you read "The Great Barrington Declaration? It's a good read from the Medical profession.

what makes it "obvious" ? not agreeing with you? we get a lot of that here...:bigeye:

growlegal

Veteran

40 years as owner and I wouldn't make this virus political because that would be ignorant

JCF

I like that. You guys deserve a page in my book: people who aren't afraid to speak up. I'll ask: Should we let politicians decide, or, let the market decide? What I mean is if left up to the market those businesses which respond to market demands will survive and those which do not will not.
A comparison would be the ban on smoking in bars, restaurants. Thoughts, anyone?

imiubu

Said it before, will say it again....it's a g-l-o-b-a-l health crisis not political. Other diseases that wiped out families, communities, regions, because it was not understood how to avoid it. Tuberculosis, small pox, polio to name a few, it was UNKNOWN how to avoid other than isolate. Globally, we know how to lessen the COVID virus (viruses mutate and grow more virulent) by the mantra.

Masks are a simple tool as Dr. Redfield mentioned to dramatically decrease occurrence.

But you choose not to listen, hear, understand. There's a difference.
Lake County still has a high rate of COVID cases, daily.

https://covidactnow.org/us/indiana-in/county/lake_county/?s=1533481

Just as some choose to simply follow along because something is vehemently and incessantly repeated.

Things do not magically become a fact, no matter how many times one may shout said disinformation in embolden letters. JS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts