What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I’m afraid a vaccine is going to be the only answer, and they do take time to figure out is it effective, and is it safe. I heard a story that even if they do come up with a safe and effective vaccine, there isn’t enough vials to package the vaccine in for everyone that is going to need it. What the hell, not enough PPE, not enough vials, if nothing else we need to look at the preparation that we don’t have...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
No wonder the price of dope, er I mean soothing medication, has gone up.
pot here has gotten better AND dropped by $140 an oz. really good WAS $480, now is $340. i gotta start growing my own again, dammit...sure, price dropped, but that still sounds high compared to free.:chin:

troutman

Seed Whore
Considering Black Lives Matter just happened this guy is wild. :laughing:

kkk1-e1588613327764.jpg

No charges for man who wore KKK hood to store as coronavirus mask in California

Klan-mask640-640x360.jpg

Santee Vons Shopper in KKK Hood Identified by Sheriff’s Department

St. Phatty

in Oregon there seems to be a fair amount of just plain Gift'ing going on.

People giving their neighbors a QP for the heck of it.

EsterEssence

Veteran
It’s been years since I bought any, glad I can grow my own. I asked my neighbor for half a oz but he wouldn’t let me pay him. They are saying masks are going to be needed for some time, I am going to stay the fuck home...

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nah, just another ignorant fuck that wanted attention. i wish these dickheads would stop wearing camo clothing. that bullshit causes normal hunters problems with the public...

Yes! I've always wondered why the far right is so fond of camo patterns and all kinds of tactical gear and looking all martial and stuff.
It makes everyone wearing that stuff for a reason look bad along with them like hunters, fishermen etc...

We reasonable people must soon defend our right to wear outdoor gear I think.
Uh baby baby it's a wild world
CC

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i understand the clear cut logic of wearing a mask, so long as it is a mask specifically designed for the intended purpose of blocking particles which are the size of the virus (i.e. n95). what i dont understand is the logic behind a cloth mask which is technically incapable of filtering particulate as small as the virus. in my mind it is no different than substituting plastic wrap for a condom and the acting surprised when you discover an std or unwanted pregnancy. you used a physical barrier...what went wrong? if you are not using the right tool for the right job, what kind of results do you truly expect?

Gry

i understand the clear cut logic of wearing a mask, so long as it is a mask specifically designed for the intended purpose of blocking particles which are the size of the virus (i.e. n95). what i dont understand is the logic behind a cloth mask which is technically incapable of filtering particulate as small as the virus. in my mind it is no different than substituting plastic wrap for a condom and the acting surprised when you discover an std or unwanted pregnancy. you used a physical barrier...what went wrong? if you are not using the right tool for the right job, what kind of results do you truly expect?
Would say you are right on the money, but there was a shortage of masks.
They wished to conserve what they had for medical personal.
The need for the population was still there.
Bit of a moral problem, so you tell them to
do the best they can- which is what happened.
Did not have to happen that way, plans had been
made to deal with this sort of thing. It was the choice
of this administration to do away with them and to
wing it.

troutman

Seed Whore
If the masks are supposed to protect people. Then how come they haven't opened all places that are closed? :chin:

Gry

If the masks are supposed to protect people. Then how come they haven't opened all places that are closed? :chin:
It may be connected to the fact that there is still a shortage of
masks, to an extent that emergency care centers and drs offices are
closing due to a lack of masks.

knucklehead bob

Veteran
It may be connected to the fact that there is still a shortage of
masks, to an extent that emergency care centers and drs offices are
closing due to a lack of masks.

The only thing really needed is hip waders for all the BULL-SHIT $CIENCE FICTION

106218507_10220615819338979_2474127876794730814_n.jpg

:dance013:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Would say you are right on the money, but there was a shortage of masks.
They wished to conserve what they had for medical personal.
The need for the population was still there.
Bit of a moral problem, so you tell them to
do the best they can- which is what happened.
Did not have to happen that way, plans had been
made to deal with this sort of thing. It was the choice
of this administration to do away with them and to
wing it.
are you sure it was this administration?
heard the stockpiles were depleted because the last admin were diverting monies to purchase billions of rounds of ammo for the post office, the IRS, EPA, The Smithsonian, et al
while leaving other critical supplies short.
just sayin'

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
It´s to funny, on my worklplace I (we) have to wear a mask, but I give my pencil a dozen times a day, in the hand of a customer to sign.:chin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It´s to funny, on my worklplace I (we) have to wear a mask, but I give my pencil a dozen times a day, in the hand of a customer to sign.:chin:
And you don't see anything wrong with that?

I know, we have to wash/disinfect our hands, but what if they don't? That doesn't bother you?

N95 stops YOU from inhaling the virus. Cloth or surgical masks stop you from distributing germs/virus.

Petri Dishes Coughed On With and Without a Mask

A photograph shows one petri dish that was coughed on by a person not wearing a mask and another petri dish coughed on by the same person wearing a mask.

Featured-Image-Templates28.png

armedoldhippy

Veteran
some folks just refuse to admit that their actions may harm others (or do not care). if there were millions of masks lying around available that would absolutely prevent virus transmission, they would refuse to wear one because "freedom!" same folks get Harley-Davidson tattoos & buy wallets with chains because they think (incorrectly) that it makes them look "bad" or "macho" instead of pointing out the obvious- they are sidewalk commandos that do not impress anyone with an education. the more of them that catch the virus & die, the better for society as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.