What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Boogieman'

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 20
  • jenbn.jpg
    jenbn.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 15
I don't know if it's just because I'm disgusting (which, to be fair, I am) or what. But guys... after an hour of wearing that fucking thing I have nose hairs, spit, snot on it...I'm sweating like an animal because my breathing is impacted. it's a disaster.

I just wear a shirt that says "i'm not wearing a mask because I have asthma" in social solidarity. I don't have asthma.

'Boogieman'

People claiming they are not "sheep" are like the people who say............I'm not racist but...................

It's not a strange phenomenon at all that all the Trump supporters on my FB feed use the word "sheep" almost daily. Free thinkers they are.........pfft

So your saying Trump supporters are sheep for not doing what they are told, and lefties are free thinkers for doing everything they are told by the government. LOL you guys take bootlickin to a whole new level.

'Boogieman'

I don't know if it's just because I'm disgusting (which, to be fair, I am) or what. But guys... after an hour of wearing that fucking thing I have nose hairs, spit, snot on it...I'm sweating like an animal because my breathing is impacted. it's a disaster.

I just wear a shirt that says "i'm not wearing a mask because I have asthma" in social solidarity. I don't have asthma.

It makes me break out so I'm not wearing one period. Luckily I live somewhere where it's not required anyways.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3S69aH2BtV1nHLbzIwh5Xo&cshid=1594679270720

Conclusion

By making mask-wearing recommendations and policies for the general public, or by expressly condoning the practice, governments have both ignored the scientific evidence and done the opposite of following the precautionary principle.

In an absence of knowledge, governments should not make policies that have a hypothetical potential to cause harm. The government has an onus barrier before it instigates a broad social-engineering intervention, or allows corporations to exploit fear-based sentiments.

Furthermore, individuals should know that there is no known benefit arising from wearing a mask in a viral respiratory illness epidemic, and that scientific studies have shown that any benefit must be residually small, compared to other and determinative factors.

Otherwise, what is the point of publicly funded science?

The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history.

"researcher", civil liberties, ex physics professor, climate change denier... and with a casual perusing of his cited sources, it's clear he is cherry picking. i clicked randomly on two that actually stood out by refuting his original premise. he seems to want to focus on ppl contracting airborne diseases, rather than the prevention of droplet dispersal.

it's pretty clear that when we look at preventing droplet dispersal, wearing even just a simple cloth mask really does help.

which makes sense, even should make sense to a disgraced ex physics professor.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
"makes me break out"

you remind me of this dude i used to work with... wouldnt wash his hands after going to the bathroom cause his poor widdle hands would get chappied... boo fucking hoo, we all are making sacrifices in our lives and as grownups, sometimes doing the right thing means personal discomfort.

again, y'all whiny no-maskers oughtta try thinking of others for a change.

Absolem

So your saying Trump supporters are sheep for not doing what they are told, and lefties are free thinkers for doing everything they are told by the government. LOL you guys take bootlickin to a whole new level.

Exactly. Trump supporters are just a herd that go around mumbling "sheep" all day patting themselves on the back thinking they are the free thinkers when in reality they just parrot what Trump says. No different then you using TDS in every other post. Boogieman want a cracker?

You take your cues from Trump but yet claim you are not following what the government says. LOL

I listen to the scientists. Not the government run by Trump which is what you follow.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The local country pharm I use was robbed by a lone guy wearing a doctor mask today, at knifepoint. I knew about it cause there were a buncha cops at this house near the beer bar I went to for a while. He jumped the back counter where the drugs are, and got away, for about an hour.

I went there to find out the story, and stock up on bandaids. I wore the bandana "mask" in, and the cashier recognized me and said hi. She said "Nice disguise". Seems she was 'splaining to another customer how the dude was a regular user of junkie-pills (like methadone), and they recognized him right off the bat also. Idiot. Nobody hurt. Guy probably wanted to go to prison.

Interesting times. Is America gonna start making good masks, or import them from china always? I am saving the two I have for if I need to fly an airliner.

'Boogieman'

Exactly. Trump supporters are just a herd that go around mumbling "sheep" all day patting themselves on the back thinking they are the free thinkers when in reality they just parrot what Trump says. No different then you using TDS in every other post. Boogieman want a cracker?

You take your cues from Trump but yet claim you are not following what the government says. LOL

I listen to the scientists. Not the government run by Trump which is what you follow.

I posted a study that supports my decision not to wear a mask, but I understand you just can't get Trump off your mind.

Attachments

• 20200207_135600.jpg
    20200207_135600.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1572473735324.jpg
    1572473735324.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 17

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The power of Science LMAO
[youtubeif]qB--ytj4JkM[/youtubeif]

[YOUTUBEIF]RkB0k81oNiI[/YOUTUBEIF]

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Read through a few of these threads. Trumpies have lost me. They can't do a simple thing like wear a mask to prevent others from catching a potentially deadly virus. How this equates to freedom is completely beyond me. Completely selfish and frankly stupid.

knucklehead bob

Veteran
You have to pretty fucking stupid to assume everyone that doesn't wear a mask is a TRUMPIE :laughing::laughing::laughing:

But then again , America has a huge problem with just plain FUCKING STUPID people :dance013:

104492533_10220543257364975_5971464198615403076_n.jpg

:tiphat:

Amynamous

You have to pretty fucking stupid to assume everyone that doesn't wear a mask is a TRUMPIE :laughing::laughing::laughing:

But then again , America has a huge problem with just plain FUCKING STUPID people :dance013:

View attachment 541472

I agree with you that it is pretty fucking stupid to assume that everyone that doesn’t wear a mask is a trumpie. However, i also assume that everyone who doesn’t wear a mask is pretty fucking stupid.

knucklehead bob

Veteran
I agree with you that it is pretty fucking stupid to assume that everyone that doesn’t wear a mask is a trumpie. However, i also assume that everyone who doesn’t wear a mask is pretty fucking stupid.

I also believe you have to be pretty fucking stupid to believe GATES/FAUCI SCIENCE FICTION is FACT

Amynamous

I also believe you have to be pretty fucking stupid to believe GATES/FAUCI SCIENCE FICTION is FACT

Knucklehead, i am not really sure what Gates or Fauci have to do with the statement i made. I have worn a mask on a daily basis for over twenty years. I don’t like them either, but as an adult and a professional in my field, i do what i can to protect my patients. It is called being responsible. Two other proven methods to reduce disease transmission is distancing and hand washing. I find it disgraceful that people are choosing to make any of these into a political argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.