What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And btw if I don’t feel like wearing a muzzle I just tell the store workers that I have a medical exemption."

So you are a selfish, stupid liar? Any other virtues you want to share?
[/FONT]

Displayed often on here. CO-19 (and any professionals asking people to assist in health crisis) be damned!

Be kind to your mind
From cdc.gov
Mental health problems are common. Here are ways to cope with stress and promote well being.

Pause. Breathe. Notice how you feel.
Take breaks from upsetting content
Take care of your body
Reach out and stay connected
Seek help if overwhelmed or unsafe

If you doubt COVID....go take a meander around a cemetery and see how may grave markers show: 1918-1919. Impactful.

However, people are going to 'buck the system' ...not following simple and inexpensive measures to prevent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ hospital bill.

Sure, some have slight symptoms....the majority don't escape that and in a world of hurt, maybe death, and spreading to others...Typhoid Mary/Mark.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
........... However, my time now has come to journey onward. Leaving behind Ralph, Jack, Simon and the other little boys on this tiny island (SC), to wallow in their own devices. Should turn out well for them all... I'm sure ;)
:tiphat:

Time will tell, don't be a stranger! :good:

CrushnYuba

My grandfather died from covid. Very sad. He died alone in a hospital. I could not see him at all. I could only speak to him on the phone. The whole thing isn't right. No one should have to die alone.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
My grandfather died from covid. Very sad. He died alone in a hospital. I could not see him at all. I could only speak to him on the phone. The whole thing isn't right. No one should have to die alone.
I'm so sorry, that's horrible. My condolences to you and your loved ones.

My best friend up the road has Covid, he says he's in a lot of pain and breathing is difficult. Posted up in his basement quarantining from his wife and kid.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My sincere condolences. Remember the good times with your elder.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NYT

For months, scientists have been fiercely debating why. Researchers at Los Alamos National Laboratory argued in May that the variant had probably evolved the ability to infect people more efficiently. Many were skeptical, arguing that the variant may have been simply lucky, appearing more often by chance in large epidemics, like Northern Italy’s, that seeded outbreaks elsewhere.

But a host of new research — including close genetic analysis of outbreaks and lab work with hamsters and human lung tissue — has supported the view that the mutated virus did in fact have a distinct advantage, infecting people more easily than the original variant detected in Wuhan, China.

There is no evidence that a coronavirus with the 614G mutation causes more severe symptoms, kills more people or complicates the development of vaccines. Nor do the findings change the reality that places that quickly and aggressively enacted lockdowns and encouraged measures like social distancing and masks have fared far better than the those that did not.

But the subtle change in the virus’s genome appears to have had a big ripple effect, said David Engelthaler, a geneticist at the Translational Genomics Research Institute in Arizona.

“When all is said and done, it could be that this mutation is what made the pandemic,” he said.

The first outbreaks of the virus would have spread around the world even without the mutation, believe most researchers, including Engelthaler. The original variant spotted in Wuhan in late 2019 was already highly contagious, he said. But the mutation appears to have made the pandemic spread farther and faster than it would have without it.

Sunshineinabag

Masks and tons of folks from hot zone states no quarantine guidelines met of course cause how In the fuk can we expect them to care about anything other then themselves right?

redlaser

Veteran

Sincere condolences on the loss of your grandfather CrushnYuba.

Sad to see the area starting to catch up with the rest of the state, nursing homes that had 1-2 covid cases all year now have 3-4, and one has eight, spiking in the last two weeks.

Gry

Very sorry to hear of this.

Gry

I'm so sorry, that's horrible. My condolences to you and your loved ones.

My best friend up the road has Covid, he says he's in a lot of pain and breathing is difficult. Posted up in his basement quarantining from his wife and kid.
So very sorry to hear of this, and wish him the very best.
Struggling for breath is a frighting thing, and having to do so alone,
would be sounds terrible. I wish your friend the very best.

Hempy McNoodle

Greetings All,

How's the traffic at your local hospital. My dad tested positive and had to go to the hospital for an IV and said that it was completely empty. I'm thinking about playing 'SPY' and monitoring some traffic in and out of various local hospitals.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
totally empty here too, has been for months apparently, with many unnecessary deaths at home from people who didnt go in for whatever reason.

some local nurses came out and made some noise about it all.

Latest posts

Latest posts