What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wuhan Coronavirus is an Offensive Biological Warfare Weapon

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A free shaggy returns!

helpful hints - you are on your own, don't trust the MIC, and do the opposite of what foochie says. I.e., wear masks when it makes sense, take vitimin C and D, and get out in some clean fresh sunny air.

shaggyballs

Veteran
A free shaggy returns!

helpful hints - you are on your own, don't trust the MIC, and do the opposite of what foochie says. I.e., wear masks when it makes sense, take vitimin C and D, and get out in some clean fresh sunny air.

Hey flylowgethigh
I saw you marching for freedom in my absence.

Good advice if I ever saw it.

Gather as many facts on the situation as you can.
Use our own judgement to make informed decisions.
There is way too much mis information out there to listen to anyone.

Are we on our own?
It does seem like it.
That can change if we let it.

If we must fight, why not fight for each other.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
i saw a report that Coumo govourner of NY, ordered the hospitals to send corona infected elderly back to their homes. the homes were told they had to quarantine the positive elderly themselves. if this is true, it totally explains the explosion of deaths in homes for the elderly.

while they told us, not to even hugg our elderly parents, they put infected elderly people right back in to the homes for the vunerable, unsuprisingly leading to an explosion of cases among the exact deomographic, with the worst possible odds of survival of corona. apparenly several other big cities followed suite and made this official policy ffs!

please tell me this is not true and any elderly infected were immediatly quarantined. i saw it on fox, so yeah, but if the esential facts are true, ie. the govourner ordered the infected elderly to be isolated in the home for the elderly. if thats factual, Coumo has elderly deaths on him, thats just logical.

elderly homes are not trained in quarantining high level infectious patients, they didnt even have any ppe. dumping positive elderly on them was insane, they knew how infektious this thing was and they themselves were screaming about how dangerous it was for elderly. i say again, WHAT THE FUCKING HELL man!?
Now now... don't go spreading shit if you don't know where it came from.

Old age homes were hit hardest because the pay shit wages and went hire people full time. If they're full time they have to pay them more and give them expensive benefits. So employees have 3 part time jobs in 3 different homes. That's the best way to spread viruses and kill the elderly.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Now now... don't go spreading shit if you don't know where it came from.

Old age homes were hit hardest because the pay shit wages and went hire people full time. If they're full time they have to pay them more and give them expensive benefits. So employees have 3 part time jobs in 3 different homes. That's the best way to spread viruses and kill the elderly.

hm... i think i mentioned i'd seen it on fox, didnt i? anyway a quick search later...

Nursing homes have ‘no right’ to reject coronavirus patients, Cuomo says

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/nursing-homes-cant-reject-coronavirus-patients-cuomo-says/

Cuomo to blame for COVID spreading through nursing home: Goodwin

https://nypost.com/2020/04/28/more-...amid-nursing-home-coronavirus-crisis-goodwin/

shaggyballs

Veteran
hm... i think i mentioned i'd seen it on fox, didnt i? anyway a quick search later...

Nursing homes have ‘no right’ to reject coronavirus patients, Cuomo says

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/nursing-homes-cant-reject-coronavirus-patients-cuomo-says/

Cuomo to blame for COVID spreading through nursing home: Goodwin

https://nypost.com/2020/04/28/more-...amid-nursing-home-coronavirus-crisis-goodwin/

So let me get this straight here.
It is ok to send confirmed contagious people back to a confined area with the highest population of the most easily harmed, the old and sick.

But these same folks suggest we all stay home from work, wear masks and keep our distance to slow the spread to save lives.

That is the silliest thing I have ever heard in my life.

It is up to me to save lives.
Meanwhile they are intentionally infecting nursing homes.

Of course we will see a second wave.
More old and ill taken out of the health care burden.

Lots and lots of money beings saved everyday an old person in a nursing home dies early.

Everyday they die early means a bigger boat for someone somewhere.

The old and sick should have been isolated from the public from the start.

Not doing so should be considered criminal.
If people without masks are basically murderers.

What name should we use for those who would send known contagious people back to a nursing home?

More than 5,700 facilities in 46 states have acknowledged having either a resident or staff member contract the virus. The numbers are an undercount, given that many states have not released full data and testing has been limited.

About a fifth of U.S. virus deaths are linked to nursing facilities.

The crazy shit we accept as normal these days is beyond me.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the news here is still good, yesterday they announced that there was only 10 new cases and no new deaths and no new hospitilizations.

weare still told not to have more then 5 people in a group unless they are families from the same house. still 2 meter per law between people that don't live together.

cops fined a couple for holding hands recently in ZH, they were reprimanded.

interestingly when 1 reporter asked the medical adviser Koch how he thinks the WHO has done during this pandemic. instead of quickly thanking them for the great work they do as i expected from Swiss diplomacy, he actually refused to answer the question at this time.

man it would be so cool if this thing dies out. so far despite the reopenings, public transport is not being used much, but lots of biking and driving going on again apparently.

they also talked about making an exception to the 5 people rule for protests. so that protests can be held again just with 2 meter distance between protesters. but thats still being discussed. edited to add: i got this wrong, protests with up to 5 people are being allowed if distancing is maintained.

still watching the press conference from yesterday and its just crazy how dumb the reporters are and the stupid shit they ask. they keep asking the same thing in different ways.

anway masks were mentioned by reporters again and again and Daniel Koch kept telling them no masks are not being made mandatory, people should only wear them when the 2 meter distance can't be maintained, like in rush hour trains, buses and trams. he told them that as long as the numbers keep going in the right direction they will not mandate masks.

apparently Italy has decided to open their borders again on the 3. June, while our other neighbors are all opening on the 6th. all dependant on the numbers continuing to go down. even tourism will be allowed again. damn i hope they are not rushing it with the borders.

apparently religious services are being discussed by the presidents, announcements to follow on reopening the Churches, Mosques, and Synagogs. although Koch sounded a bit skeptical about opening the churches etc just yet.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Sounds good for you gaius. We're a little slower opening up than you and people are very nervous.

I'm not so worried now, but I'm *very worried about the fall. If it's going to be like it was with the second wave of the Spanish Flu, it's going to be murder.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Sounds good for you gaius. We're a little slower opening up than you and people are very nervous.

I'm not so worried now, but I'm *very worried about the fall. If it's going to be like it was with the second wave of the Spanish Flu, it's going to be murder.

Food for thought.....

They set up the central park overflow hospital in NYC.
Barely used it.
Now it is torn down.

If they really expect the second wave to be worse....
Why tear down the hospital?

How does that make any sense?
Feel free to explain this logic to me.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Food for thought.....

Barely used it.
Now it is torn down.

The second wave of the Spanish Flu is what made it famous. It didn't hit until September or October.

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

to be honest that my biggest worry. just because the gov decided on this course of action doesn't mean they don't expect a second wave, might just be about making the most of things while we can. its easy to re lock down after all. only time will tell on the second wave, would be harsh indeed. im hoping and praying for there not to be a second wave. hope for the best and prepare for the worst kind of thing.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Food for thought.....

Barely used it.
Now it is torn down.

I can explain it because the same thing happened with the local hospital in my city.

In preparation for the worst, overflow was set up in the parking lot.

Since the virus hasn't really materialized in my area (yet), the tents went unused yet required security and maintenance.

The hospital took the tents down and stored them, saying they could be easily set up at any time if/when the virus hits.:tiphat:

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
to be honest that my biggest worry. just because the gov decided on this course of action doesn't mean they don't expect a second wave, might just be about making the most of things while we can. its easy to re lock down after all. only time will tell on the second wave, would be harsh indeed. im hoping and praying for there not to be a second wave. hope for the best and prepare for the worst kind of thing.
With all of the bullshit pulled by the idiots with their guns protesting the lock down i really don't see much of a chance to convince people to lock down again when a second wave hits.

Klompen

With all of the bullshit pulled by the idiots with their guns protesting the lock down i really don't see much of a chance to convince people to lock down again when a second wave hits.

Its interesting how the second wave(or third wave possibly) could impact the voter base in this country. The ruling elite have gerrymandered carefully to keep elections as close to 50-50 as possible at all times. Its easier to keep people afraid if the enemy is always at the gates(Go watch Adventures of Barron Munchhausen by the way!). If it gets too easy to keep winning all the elections, one party gives up and the other gets apathetic. These carefully-crafted voting demographics may get shaken up badly because honestly right now all the people I see people completely careless about this are Republicans and Libertarians. That's not to say there aren't people in that spectrum that take this as seriously as they should, but there's a lot of deniers and downplayers out there who truly don't understand how bad this not only is but is capable of becoming. If another wave hits anyone, its going to be the political "Right".

shaggyballs

Veteran
I can explain it because the same thing happened with the local hospital in my city.

In preparation for the worst, overflow was set up in the parking lot.

Since the virus hasn't really materialized in my area (yet), the tents went unused yet required security and maintenance.

The hospital took the tents down and stored them, saying they could be easily set up at any time if/when the virus hits.:tiphat:

Let me re phrase things.
So the news here says everyday the second wave will be worse than the first.

NYC is expecting the second wave to be worse than here.

So lets take down the overflow?
The central park mobile hospital went completely away.

I don't see the logic in that?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Let me re phrase things.

You're looking for logic in a bureaucracy, I doubt any will be found there.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Let me re phrase things.

The second wave of the Spanish flu was far more deadly, but an influenza virus is not a corona virus, so we've to see if there will be a second wave.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Enjoy the sun for your Vitamin D

Ever since the coronavirus started to spread, the question has been asked again and again: is it a seasonal virus, which strikes mainly during and after winter? Not for the time being, virologists say - the inhibitory effects of higher temperatures and humidity are too weak. But immunologists add another seasonal factor: sun exposure. Some new studies often find low vitamin D levels in seriously ill corona patients. No causal relationship has yet been established.

bushed

this is a realy good site for seperating fact from hype. f you follow the link to the original, you will find everything refrenced with links leading to the studies used to make the claim. you can follow the links to the atualy studies themselves.

Facts about Covid-19

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Updated: May 6, 2020;

like i said, if you go to the original document you will find a vast amount of refrence material and studies linked to explain how they draw their conclusions.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

It really isn't surprising that people are buying into this because the layers of misinformation are thickening by the day.

This site is not a good source for separating fact from hype. Its designed to look like an academic source, its not. medrxiv.org (the source of all the links I clicked) is not an academic source, anyone can upload their study and findings. Its the same site that the anti vax people will point to for evidence.

Court ordered disclaimer on their about page:

Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.

A reputably peer reviewed source will always come from a .ac. .edu or .gov domain.

The question I have is who is behind all this health based misinformation and what is their agenda.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

H

hard rain

It really isn't surprising that people are buying into this because the layers of misinformation are thickening by the day.

This site is not a good source for separating fact from hype. Its designed to look like an academic source, its not. medrxiv.org (the source of all the links I clicked) is not an academic source, anyone can upload their study and findings. Its the same site that the anti vax people will point to for evidence.

Court ordered disclaimer on their about page:

Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.

A reputably peer reviewed source will always come from a .ac. .edu or .gov domain.

The question I have is who is behind all this health based misinformation and what is their agenda.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Yeah that site is atrocious. The first two points in the overview are outright lies.

What surprises me is that people actually seek these sites out, or youtube clips, rather than going to academic or official sources.

As for agenda? That site wants an end to the lockdown. Must be costing a lot of people money is my guess.

Latest posts

Latest posts