What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to Speakers Corner

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as you can see, we added a special sub forum to continue our experiment in free speech on this site. from now on threads about current events, politics, conspiracy theories etc, are only allowed to be posted here in this sub forum called Speakers Corner, (thank Gypsy for the name.) :D

A Speakers' Corner is an area where open-air public speaking, debate, and discussion are allowed. The original and most noted is in the northeast corner of Hyde Park in London, England. Historically there were a number of other areas designated as Speakers' Corners in other parks in London (e.g., Lincoln's Inn Fields, Finsbury Park, Clapham Common, Kennington Park, and Victoria Park). More recently, they have been set up in other British cities, and there are also Speakers' Corners in other countries.

the Toker Den is to remain a place of light hearted fun and stoner banter.

we want to provide a place where no topic is really off limits, as long as people remain civil with each other and debate the subject rather then each other.

basically these are the topics that can get heated, so to participate you have to be able to play nice with others, even if you vehemently disagree with them. if someone is insulting, or breaks these conditions, they need to be reported, on no account is there to be insults thrown back and forth or endless bickering or turbo posting.

joining this experiment in free speech is a privilege, please don't abuse it. for the rest let the discussion flow where it may....

Last edited:

St. Phatty

as you can see, we added a special sub forum to continue our experiment in free speech on this site. from now on thread about current events, politics, conspiracy theories etc, are only allowed to be posted here in this sub forum called Speakers Corner, (thank Gypsy for the name.) :D the Toker Den is to remain a place of light hearted fun and stoner banter.

joining this experiment in free speech is a privilege, please don't abuse it. for the rest let the discussion flow where it may....

How long did it take to set up ?

I guess creating the forum sub-category & moving threads & then writing the intro thread.

What does the VBulletin control panel look like ?

Would love to see a screen capture of it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
took about 3 minutes to be honest, although i edited the welcome post a bit adding a few minutes lol.

edited to add:

i only moved the more recent threads over, if i missed any let me know.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

attachment.php

A complementary Triffid picture to seal the deal :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_152718_T4triffid.jpg
    IMG_20180925_152718_T4triffid.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 88

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The name 'Speaker's Corner' comes from Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park London, England (Near Marble Arch). Its a British Institution

.....it is where you can literally take your soap-box, stand tall on it, and speak about whatever is on your mind, and maybe you might get others to engage within debates with you? Some speakers attract big crowds.

So I thought it might be a good name for this forum.

Good idea, the time-out corner is a great idea!:tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The name 'Speaker's Corner' comes from Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park London, England (Near Marble Arch). Its a British Institution

.....it is where you can literally take your soap-box, stand tall on it, and speak about whatever is on your mind, and maybe you might get others to engage within debates with you? Some speakers attract big crowds.

So I thought it might be a good name for this forum.

thanks for allowing this Gypsy.

i have added a blurb about Speakers Corner to the 1st post, for those that were not familiar with the historical and present day context.

h.h.

Veteran
Perhaps a minimum number of posts before posting in the speakers corner. Keep out the “sticky underwear” trolls.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
a "food security" activist group wasting food...:unsure: is there nothing they could have splattered that was NOT a waste of food ? hmmm...:poop:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I recall a gas grill igniter not working and squatted down so that I could stick my lighter in the igniter hole.

I left the gas on and lid down.

When the fireball opened the grill (rather quickly) it did me the solid of removing my eyebrows and eyelashes.

Maybe Mona was grilling some Israelites and had a similar thing happen...?