What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THIS - The Kalergi Plan.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- and now a bit of cultural inspiration from the Spanish Gypsy's -

MACARENA RAMÍREZ. Festival flamenco de León.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elPlcVOby-8

The Legendary Carmen Amaya (1913-1963), Flamenco Potpourri 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCca6d2ceI0

The word Flamenco in Spanish originally meant Flemish. It is supposed that during the Flemish kingdom of Karel V (Carlos I in Spain) some kind of popular confusion between flemish and Gypsy culture led the people to use that word for the Gypsy music.

*I read the translations of your last post Magoluci and Montuno - and wonder why you have to try and put everything in a box marked 'left' or 'right?' - is there nothing other than that in your minds - does everyone have to be on one side or the other?

picture.php

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

I remember somebody said peace, love and understanding. I feel the last word is often forgot. Damn shame really.

Im a so called "Viking" and GN is a so called "Gypsy". Its a different heritage on many aspects. Like an rastaman have his roots, Muslims have theres, Christians have theres and so on. Is there any problem with that? I would guess people would say no. Can I enjoi the difference too? I have a couple of spanish dogs. I wont say which, of security, but its a traditional dog I can say. The people who have them and breed them for a long time is very proud of there work, and they should be! Im a proud owner also. Anything wrong with that? Is it racist to be proud, enjoi or even saying hey, I want to conserve what I would to eat at Christmas? I looooove tandoori, but since I want to eat something traditionally from here, here at Christmas or Jul as we say. What about the Indians will they feel hurt? Or you know?

Its not about being against "anything" or "anyone", in terms of cultural ID or genetic. Hell no. Come on, really? Thats what you think?

But the theory presented suggest someone want to dilute many countries and cultures for there own benefit. Is that ok? I have a really big ego, just so you know, is it ok for everybody that I go to other countries to deliver my sperm to every women I see and pushing my agenda for the way I want everybody to live? I want everybody stoned 4:20, and I mean in the morning. Wake and bake mates. Everybody who doesnt blaze else is a traitor, and I F@((ing mean it! Church said missionary. I say, Doggy. I just love dogs, remember? Guess my sound at the end of the season aye?

Im a mutt, so I have no problem with mixed breeding, and the least few person I have been with are not from my country. Oh yeah, also most of my friends are also not from my country. Sooo...... The racist card lack weight....

So if Im not a racist.... (or Im a racist in the subconscious?(joke(?))) Im a allowed to ask, is it possible, that somebody is, are or can take control over an another population thru propaganda or manipualting search engines on the web? Cause if I understood the spanish right. Trump managed to brainwash right wing side, right? Is he a magician? Is it possible that others have tools to do it? Or is it always and only the "bad" guys (the told bad guys I mean) that can be able to project it and make it happen? Remember we are all bad mofos on this forum, cause we enjoi a plant, a flower. Think about it bad ass, flowers growers, sound a bit gay dont it? So, maybe we are not so bad ass after all, or are we? Ops, I forgot... I said gay, I must be against homos too? Naaah, I have had my fun;) Just fucking with ya mate, just watch your ass! My way, your way anything goes to night;) Im no painter, Im just an obeserver. Or? Anyway, pass it to left cause the right is wrong. That something we all know, right? or was it left again? Sides, can be so confusing? I rather walk the line, like Mr. cash.

Wow, did anybody see that Documentary on Nexflix, cambridge analytica? Jesus, people are excellent on propaganda these days. It just show a "small" picture of what some tools can achieve.

Please, and I really mean it. Debunk the theory. Cause in my own eyes I dont want this theory to be true. Thats the real deal.

Much Love

I got this link earlier from thread starter. Totally off topic. Or? I think its about time to put some more music on :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xMfIp-irg

M

member 505892

- OK Montuno - possibly 'Cognitive Dissonance' comes to mind? - combined with the fact that Spanish is your Mother tongue - and so misunderstandings in translation can make it difficult to accurately debate with you - but good attempt at least - it has been interesting - and if your intelligence feels insulted - then we can sympathize - since the feeling is faintly mutual -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM
Public Image Limited - Rise -

*- The message is in the lyrics -

** - BTW - '' in order to bring in a Pan European single state dictatorship and destroy the indigenous pink/white nationalities, and therefore resistance, of Europe.'' - these were not my words - they are part of the article from the sovereign Wales site - https://sovereignwales.com/2016/09/...the-indigenous-nations-and-peoples-of-europe/

View Image

*translation from the Spanish -

- Okey-Dokey - so if a Rastaman talks about his cultural heritage - or someone from Spain or the USA or anywhere else in the world - you call that a disguise for racial hatred? - An ethnic community that recognizes its culture - its heritage - its history - sports - art - music/dance etc and wishes to preserve it is 'racist?' - <faceplant> - I'd expect to see you attacking Flamenco dancers next - for dancing Flamenco - (which is beautiful) -

- Ya - I'd say that's delusional - seriously delusional - and sounds more like 'spitting out the hateful crap' - than anything I have written -

View Image

You cannot realistically 'preserve' culture forever.... it's nice and all, but preserving culture has to somewhat take a back seat to more important things, if the human race is to be one and continue to move forward.

That does not mean celebrating culture (at least the good parts of it) is bad, or that it should be replaced by other cultures, it's just that the fact is that to move forward TOGETHER, everyone needs to understand that culture is forever changing and you can't cling to the past more than you look to a peaceful and understanding future.

All cultures will have to give and take a little if we're all going to get along and share the world positively and create a united HUMAN CULTURE.

If we ever make it to the stars, how petty will little culture wars seem?

Principante8

You cannot realistically 'preserve' culture forever.... it's nice and all, but preserving culture has to somewhat take a back seat to more important things, if the human race is to be one and continue to move forward.

That does not mean celebrating culture (at least the good parts of it) is bad, or that it should be replaced by other cultures, it's just that the fact is that to move forward TOGETHER, everyone needs to understand that culture is forever changing and you can't cling to the past more than you look to a peaceful and understanding future.

All cultures will have to give and take a little if we're all going to get along and share the world positively and create a united HUMAN CULTURE.

I like to think of Earth as a cold plate of firm spaghetti, and the individual noodles on that plate as various unique cultures. Naturally each noodle is following it's own path, twisting and turning as they may, weaving in and out of other noodles, with little, but valid input from neighboring noodles. Moving forward for these noodles means to follow their individual paths. If you take all the noodles and arrange them how you like, line them up in one direction, or side by side in rows, it may appear to create uniformity and beauty, but in reality it is chaos that has been created that goes completely against the will of most of the noodles, and of nature. They fell where they fell, did they not? At one point they were moving in various directions, changing rapidly, boiling hot and pliable before finally cooling and resting, settling into what is now a familiar place. Most of those noodles would be painfully bent and twisted from their current natural form, against their will nonetheless, in order to straighten them out to move them to where others may want them to be. You could arrange the noodles end to end to make the shape of a giant heart but most of them wouldn't feel the love. Surely it would look beautiful to the all powerful hidden hand that can manipulate such things at will. Cultures will brush against each other, existing side by side, wrap around each other, and sometimes sit atop of or beneath one another, and they may smother each other a bit, but for the most part they're unique to one another and very happy about that.
Eventually they will all be eaten or thrown away, and lost to time, but for now I feel they deserve the respect of enjoying a peaceful existence with minimal upheaval. When the world is ready to come together and be one it will happen.

What individuals or groups of individuals may consider to be forward or progress is very different across the board. Your version of forward is not the same as anyone elses on the planet and neither is mine. Some people's version of forward and progress is moving in a straight line to utopia while singing kumbaya along the way. Others is far more sinister. Forward can be great for certain individuals with specific goals that may prefer moving in a particular direction, but not necessarily for everyone. To have one single unified culture across the globe would create suffering to an an extent that I don't even want to begin to imagine. In my opinion, whoever would want to snuff out free will must have some really deep fears and insecurities. I understand to an extent because I also have fears and insecurities. We all do. Mine happen to be different, and admittedly not quite so deeply seated. I believe it is obvious that the more people that willingly except each other and work together for a common goal the better things would be for the said group. Maybe one day that group will include all of us here on Turtle Island. I hope so.

God bless

Montuno

...como el Son...
No podría haberlo dicho mejor. Al menos antes a la extrema derecha era fácilmente identificable por todo el mundo, y separada del resto de la gente. Digamos que antes era abiertamente agresiva, mientras que la actual es más bien pasivo-agresiva :D

Ahora con la porquería de los medios sociales y sobre todo después de ver que gente como Trump realmente consiguen los resultados tangibles que quieren, manipulando y diciendo mentiras con toda la cara. Esta gente tienen comprobado que ganar o perder discusiones políticas es lo de menos,. Lo importante es seguir soltando barbaridades, cuantas más mejor, simplemente porque hay más posibilidades de que algunas de las personas lo lean y se lo crean. La desinformación y la manipulación crean este caldo de cultivo para que gente bienintencionada pero con pocas luces intente tomar la justicia por su mano.
Como les pasó hace unas semanas a los yankis con el asalto al capitolio.

En fin. Disculpa no quiero meterte en problemas, esta mañana estaba de mal humor y este tipo de hilos me encienden. Encima en un foro de fumetas sabes? Es que ya no se puede estar en paz en ningún sitio :D

Ay, mi primo... "Esto" hay que combatirlo con inteligencia y mucho buen humor... Lo primero que te arrebatan siempre es el buen humor, je., que para eso no es necesario ni gobernar... Luego, ya vendrá lo demás...

Oh, my cousin... "This" has to be fought with intelligence and a lot of good humour... The first thing they always take away from you is your good humour, heh, for that they don't even need to govern... After that, the rest will come...

KEEP THE CALM, AND CONTINUE SMILING
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbVvXYQIRfU

Montuno

...como el Son...
No podría haberlo dicho mejor. Al menos antes a la extrema derecha era fácilmente identificable por todo el mundo, y separada del resto de la gente. Digamos que antes era abiertamente agresiva, mientras que la actual es más bien pasivo-agresiva :D

Ahora con la porquería de los medios sociales y sobre todo después de ver que gente como Trump realmente consiguen los resultados tangibles que quieren, manipulando y diciendo mentiras con toda la cara. Esta gente tienen comprobado que ganar o perder discusiones políticas es lo de menos,. Lo importante es seguir soltando barbaridades, cuantas más mejor, simplemente porque hay más posibilidades de que algunas de las personas lo lean y se lo crean. La desinformación y la manipulación crean este caldo de cultivo para que gente bienintencionada pero con pocas luces intente tomar la justicia por su mano. Como les pasó hace unas semanas a los yankis con el asalto al capitolio.

En fin. Disculpa no quiero meterte en problemas, esta mañana estaba de mal humor y este tipo de hilos me encienden. Encima en un foro de fumetas sabes? Es que ya no se puede estar en paz en ningún sitio :D

Je, je... "Rasta-fachas-centro-ultra-liberales se han fusionado con VOX, y formado VOX MARLEY", canta la canción de mi anterior post...

Están infiltrando su " mensaje" 'como a lo tonto", "como solo dejándolo caer" hasta entre los publicos mas insospechables...

Cambia "secreta" por "facheta" y sigue sonriendo...y bailando...
"...Y dice ser anarquista radical", je,je,je, sigue cantando esta otra...

Heh, heh... "Rasta-fachas-centro-ultra-liberals have merged with VOX, and formed VOX MARLEY", sings the song in my previous post....

They're infiltrating their "message" 'like a fool", "like just dropping it" even among the most unsuspecting public...

Change "secret" to "facheta" and keep smiling...and dancing....
"...And he claims to be a radical anarchist", heh, heh, heh, keep singing this one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=shLI8BE2FTU

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ay, mi primo... "Esto" hay que combatirlo con inteligencia y mucho buen humor... Lo primero que te arrebatan siempre es el buen humor, je., que para eso no es necesario ni gobernar... Luego, ya vendrá lo demás...

Oh, my cousin... "This" has to be fought with intelligence and a lot of good humour... The first thing they always take away from you is your good humour, heh, for that you don't even need to govern... After that, the rest will come...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbVvXYQIRfU

- You guys seem to want to be 'fighting' something with intelligence and humour - well lay your guns/fists down - this is no fight it is an interesting debate - and if you consider taking up a contrary position within the debate - then you should concentrate on taking this Kalergi Plan apart - piece by piece to disprove it - if you don't believe it is actually happening - and think that you can 'de-bunk' it and that it was not planned in the first place - have at it -

- Getting personal with me by making insults - insinuations - and accusations - of a personal nature - does not lead to a healthy debate at all -

* as always - keep the humour - which is one of the essentials in life -
Gipsy Kings - Allegria - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y60szJg7faA&list=PLJ4SrfQtzo8WkVK8QG6gMTmq8lGZWXy31&index=14

picture.php

from - https://sovereignwales.com/2016/09/2...les-of-europe/

- The genocidal Kalergi plan to destroy the indigenous nations and peoples of Europe
by cymrusofren (note the author)

''Freedom of thought and freedom of speech are also under threat from general bigotry, especially liberal bigotry. And it seems that it’s only the western, traditionally Christian European countries that have no right whatsoever to speak out or to control immigration numbers in to and within their borders. And any in Europe that do raise rational objections are demonised and hounded down as racists, bigots and parochial isolationists. It is sadly largely true that ‘anti racist’ has started to become code for ‘anti white’ in Europe, in north America and elsewhere as well. The narrative being pushed is that it is only these mostly white European countries that can be racist, no one else. They have no right to a voice. They have to be silenced and demonised at any opportunity for speaking out against their own potential destruction.

The weapons of so called ‘white guilt’, ‘white privilege’ and ‘spoilt capitalist westerner’ tags have been selected from the divide and rule globalist tool box and are being used to silence any rational concerns that are expressed from within these European nations – the vast majority of which have no issues with sustainable immigration numbers and are welcoming, respectful and tolerant towards all races, religions, nationalities and ethnicities.''

* trying to get us back on topic here -

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...

- Getting personal with me by making insults - insinuations - and accusations - of a personal nature - does not lead to a healthy debate at all -

Do not misrepresent or misrepresent what you are not able to understand.
I have never insulted you.
In fact, my respect for you has been the utmost, beyond taking the liberty of juvenile banter with a stranger...

However, you, who raise debates on "the racial-cultural integrity of the white-pink peoples of Europe", who in another thread spread a racial classification by intelligence (headed, of course, by "white and yellow Asians", and in last place, the "blacks"),
you dare to insinuate that our interventions reveal "juvenile racial obsessions/prejudices".

And I correct you on another lie: it's not about "left vs right"... It's about "liberty, equality, fraternity and dignity... vs ultra-right"...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QcTvSLBRvlI

M

member 505892

I like to think of Earth as a cold plate of firm spaghetti, and the individual noodles on that plate as various unique cultures. Naturally each noodle is following it's own path, twisting and turning as they may, weaving in and out of other noodles, with little, but valid input from neighboring noodles. Moving forward for these noodles means to follow their individual paths. If you take all the noodles and arrange them how you like, line them up in one direction, or side by side in rows, it may appear to create uniformity and beauty, but in reality it is chaos that has been created that goes completely against the will of most of the noodles, and of nature. They fell where they fell, did they not? At one point they were moving in various directions, changing rapidly, boiling hot and pliable before finally cooling and resting, settling into what is now a familiar place. Most of those noodles would be painfully bent and twisted from their current natural form, against their will nonetheless, in order to straighten them out to move them to where others may want them to be. You could arrange the noodles end to end to make the shape of a giant heart but most of them wouldn't feel the love. Surely it would look beautiful to the all powerful hidden hand that can manipulate such things at will. Cultures will brush against each other, existing side by side, wrap around each other, and sometimes sit atop of or beneath one another, and they may smother each other a bit, but for the most part they're unique to one another and very happy about that.
Eventually they will all be eaten or thrown away, and lost to time, but for now I feel they deserve the respect of enjoying a peaceful existence with minimal upheaval. When the world is ready to come together and be one it will happen.

What individuals or groups of individuals may consider to be forward or progress is very different across the board. Your version of forward is not the same as anyone elses on the planet and neither is mine. Some people's version of forward and progress is moving in a straight line to utopia while singing kumbaya along the way. Others is far more sinister. Forward can be great for certain individuals with specific goals that may prefer moving in a particular direction, but not necessarily for everyone. To have one single unified culture across the globe would create suffering to an an extent that I don't even want to begin to imagine. In my opinion, whoever would want to snuff out free will must have some really deep fears and insecurities. I understand to an extent because I also have fears and insecurities. We all do. Mine happen to be different, and admittedly not quite so deeply seated. I believe it is obvious that the more people that willingly except each other and work together for a common goal the better things would be for the said group. Maybe one day that group will include all of us here on Turtle Island. I hope so.

God bless

I agree with you and i wasn't trying to say everyone should be the same or has to be the same to be united but i think building upon our shared values is more important than preserving past values or cultures.
Life is complicated and people have emotions of course, and i don't think it's possible to avoid clashes all of the time.... it's not what i meant.
Whether free will is actually a 'thing' or is just an illusion is a whole other can of worms.... but i understand what you mean, and i do think it is healthy for people to have or to believe they have also....

However, i think until all humans can get to the point of prioritizing building on our shared similarities and truths and looking for those things there will be unncessary hatred, death and wars.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but i think we will need to leave a LOT behind before every human can wake up in the morning and not have to wonder if (or when) we are going to destroy ourselves.... and more 'Kumbaya' stuff has to hurry up soon because we won't last a whole lot longer with our weapons and AI increasing at the rates they are.

My thinking isn't so much about pointing at specific cultures as good or bad, as i am human too ( :biggrin: ) and i'm anything but flawless.... it's just that tribal warfare has more consequences for the whole human race RIGHT NOW than it ever has in the past.

We don't want simple miscommunication or refusal to bend due to pride to be the cause of an empty cultureless planet.

It's very hard to want to do right for the greater good (or even get into the mindset of what is for the greater good and what is not) especially when it encroaches on our comfy little cocoons that we have built for ourselves. I think that is what i was trying to convey.

Quality of schooling will have to evolve and improve drastically.

Anyway. :ying:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahh - good so - that got your attention - which it was aimed at -

supplant - "the racial-cultural integrity of the white-pink peoples of Europe" - with ''the racial-cultural integrity of the black/brown natives of the Serengeti and Namibia' - not exactly being ethnically specific now are we? - no mention of particular tribes i.e. Bantu or Pygmy - its mostly referring to those who can be identified via the enrichment of melanin in a specific population - or lack of it - as is often done - when authors feel the need to compartmentalize racial/ethnic groups en masse - for identification purposes in some narrative they are creating to be easily understood -

The author cymrusofren - and his quite well researched piece on 'The Kalergi Plan' - seems to have triggered you by saying ''white/pink peoples of Europe'' - would he be referring to the indigenous inhabitants of Europe that had and still have those particular colours of skin? - The Anglo-Saxons - The Celts - The Welsh - The Norse people - The Picts - The Basque's - The Ancient Germanic tribes - The Cossacks - The Tartars - and many other ethnic groups/tribes/communities - too many to list from history and/or currently in existence all commonly known as 'white people?' -

- Its not me that has broached the subject of race and intelligence -

- Questions about this have been asked for 100's - if not 1000's of years - and people still wonder if there are such correlations - e.g. am I dumber or smarter due to inherited genes - or is it all down to what colour my skin is or what tribe I came from that determines my choices in life and intelligence? - there is much out there to research on that topic where you will find many graphs/studies and talk of 'The Bell Curve' etc - and it is my belief that after researching much of what is there online to study - I think - does it really matter what intelligence someone has? - is not the value of a person within their personality and how humane how honest and caring, hard working - emphatic - considerate and conscientious they are and so have value within a community? - intelligence does not determine any of those human attributes - evil has no IQ -

- Thinking about it - in my whole life - I have never met anyone who does not believe in "liberty, equality, fraternity and dignity...'' including myself - other than practitioners of certain invasive Abrahamic religions - they certainly don't believe in equality - they believe in slavery - and keeping women unemancipated -

picture.php

Do not misrepresent or misrepresent what you are not able to understand.
I have never insulted you.
In fact, my respect for you has been the utmost, beyond taking the liberty of juvenile banter with a stranger...

However, you, who raise debates on "the racial-cultural integrity of the white-pink peoples of Europe", who in another thread spread a racial classification by intelligence (headed, of course, by "white and yellow Asians", and in last place, the "blacks"),
you dare to insinuate that our interventions reveal "juvenile racial obsessions/prejudices".

And I correct you on another lie: it's not about "left vs right"... It's about "liberty, equality, fraternity and dignity... vs ultra-right"...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QcTvSLBRvlI

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
(...)
So if Im not a racist.... (or Im a racist in the subconscious?(joke(?))) Im a allowed to ask, is it possible, that somebody is, are or can take control over an another population thru propaganda
or manipualting search engines on the web? Cause if I understood the spanish right. Trump managed to brainwash right wing side, right? Is he a magician? Is it possible that others have tools to do it? Or is it always and only the "bad" guys (the told bad guys I mean) that can be able to project it and make it happen? Remember we are all bad mofos on this forum, cause we enjoi a plant, a flower. Think about it bad ass, flowers growers, sound a bit gay dont it? So, maybe we are not so bad ass after all, or are we? Ops, I forgot... I said gay, I must be against homos too? Naaah, I have had my fun;) Just fucking with ya mate, just watch your ass! My way, your way anything goes to night;) Im no painter, Im just an obeserver. Or? Anyway, pass it to left cause the right is wrong. That something we all know, right? or was it left again? Sides, can be so confusing? I rather walk the line, like Mr. cash.
(...)

Remember the strategy of a Joseph Goebbels?

Montuno

...como el Son...
...and this revival of the taste for war-epic language..: " Europe: The Last Battle".... I don't know if you remember how Europe ended up the last time that terminology came into fashion...; and it wasn't with battles between armies of computer trolls, precisely...:
(But of course, seen as a spectacular video clip; very much to the taste of the new-old ultra-right... But unfortunately, off-screen, blood stains blood and allways claim for more n' more blood....And the blood has no culture, but always loose...:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krSYSb950nI

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- A culture is a living thing - it changes and develops over time - and is kept alive by the people from those ethnicities and nationalities who identify with it - culture can be a very delicate thing too - easy to lose and to be wiped out by various regimes - wars - and insurrections that impose upon it and stifle or 'cancel' its very existence - even prosecuting those that practice it - leading to cultural genocide -

- I really don't think that in my lifetime the whole human race will all come together and there will be everlasting peace - with many different tribes still active and growing on this planet - it is quite obvious that most all humanity is still distinctly tribal - since we still have tribal/national wars - humans simply have not yet evolved out of thinking they are - and trying to prove that they are superior to other humans - and so need to dominate other tribes - and some tribes do much better than others over time - as is clearly evident -

All tribes/religions/armies/nations/deity's/politics and dogma preach supremacist ideologies - they are all in some sort of competition or another - it's all : 'My religion/nation/football team/military/poker playing group/school/colour and politics etc etc - is better than you're one - you are the losers - and we are the winners - blah-blah-blah -etc-etc! - same old story all over the world - as it has ever been -

- Until we can evolve past this tribal stage - there is a HUGE danger that humanity will just wipe itself off the face of this earth - without having the chance to develop and evolve further - mainly due to humans with superiority complexes - who are so far ahead of other humans in finance, power and so control - that the rest of the worlds people will find it hard if not impossible to ever catch up - these 'elites' will make sure that they are always far ahead anyway - and they do this by social/media/educational engineering and propaganda - because they control the main media - and the money - so they control the people -

- Here you see the evolution of English classical music via its most famous composers over just 300 years or so from the 1600's-1900's -

Land Of Hope And Glory: Britain's Greatest Classical Composers.

Henry Purcell (1659-1695)
George Frederic Handel (1685-1759)
Hubert Parry (1848-1918)
Frederick Delius (1862-1934)
Edward Elgar (1867-1934)
Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)

- The great works of all of those composers are priceless as a musical expression of English culture thru those years to many English people - and others abroad worldwide - who consider them a NATIONAL TREASURE -

- In 1977 the Sex Pistols released the recording 'Anarchy in the UK' - and I consider that an English national cultural treasure too - there I was in 1977 at the Vortex Club on Wardour Street being introduced to this gem of British Culture as a 17 year old - live on stage right in front of me - do have a listen - and tell me if you think that it rocks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBojbjoMttI
The Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The U.K (official video)

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
- and now a bit of cultural inspiration from the Spanish Gypsy's -

MACARENA RAMÍREZ. Festival flamenco de León.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elPlcVOby-8

The Legendary Carmen Amaya (1913-1963), Flamenco Potpourri 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCca6d2ceI0

The word Flamenco in Spanish originally meant Flemish. It is supposed that during the Flemish kingdom of Karel V (Carlos I in Spain) some kind of popular confusion between flemish and Gypsy culture led the people to use that word for the Gypsy music.

Just for clarification, only: The origin of the Spanish term "flamenco" for the Dutch and for the musical style has different origins.

The first one comes from the original Spanish word "flamenco" that originally means "flamingo bird".
The Spaniards identified the northern Europeans with the pink colour of these birds from their country, because of their skin colour (the term was not pejorative; it was considered as the ideal of beauty, just as the flamingo bird itself was considered the most beautiful bird in the country, and, together with the peacock, symbolised physical beauty). As the Belgians and Dutch were the "northernmost (and pinkest)" inhabitants of the Empire, the Spanish called them so. Today it is applied to Dutch and Dutch-speaking Belgians and their language, excluding French-speaking Belgians.

But the term "flamenco" for the musical style comes from the Arabic spoken on the peninsula, probably from "Felah-Mengus", which was the name given to the landless peasants and farmers who wandered from place to place looking for work.

With the disappearance of the Arabic and Mozarabic languages from Spain, the two terms were merged by sound proximity.

Flamenco, as folk music, is a mixture of classical Arabic and HispanicArabic music, medieval Hispano-Arabic, Hispano-Jewish and Hispano-Christian folk, with black African-Spanish-Peruvian ryhthms and rhythms and the final contribution of North Indian folk brought by the first gypsies...

Pd:
A final gift of "sacred gold"...
Concha Buika and Javier Limon: " Oro Santo" (live):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEQgo7aMxE

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Very interesting Montuno - now I can tell people I am a bit of a Flamingo - lol

'The Spaniards identified the northern Europeans with the pink colour of these birds from their country, because of their skin colour'

* I have been called a 'Pikey' - a 'Didicoy' a 'Tinker' - a 'White Nigger' - a 'Gypo' (amongst many other things) - but never a 'Flamingo' - but I once did dance the 'Flamenco' - and found it to be a wonderful experience - while other cultural practices of the Spanish - don't seem to be so much fun - usually for the bull when 'Bull-Fighting' - I might add - this bull in the picture must be thinking: Ahh fancy matador - in ya tight pants - you stab me in the back - you get a free taxi ride - on my horns - up your arse!' -- and so the bestial blood-letting transpires - blood for blood -

picture.php

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Ya - you go tell those Gypsy cousins all about The Kalergi Plan - and you could have a big cultural/ethnic shift back to Baluchistan or Uzbekistan on your hands over there in Spain - they might even reach the rest of the cousins back in India - in the right caravan - because they would know what happened last time Europe descended into war - and would want none of it -

- Saint George never saved me from nothing - he's been dead for 1700 years or so - btw - St George was not English although he is our patron saint - but does have a VERY interesting/fascinating history :

''St George was born in Turkey; his mother was Palestinian - He’s so multicultural we have to share him with Lithuania, Portugal, Germany, Greece, Georgia, Moscow, Istanbul, Beirut – and Palestine itself. If he ever came to England, it wasn’t for long. Welcome to the world of Saint George, patron saint of England, whom we celebrate today, April 23 – the same day, by astonishing coincidence, that we celebrate the birth of the giant of English literature, William Shakespeare.

All nations need heroes. What we know of St George makes him a fine one – though very little of his story can be a certainty. But from fairly contemporary references, it looks as though he was born a Christian in Cappadocia - Turkey and may have been of some “Darian” – Persian – blood too.

His mother came from what was then the larger area of Palestine (Israel and the Occupied Territories today). The Roman Empire had at the time spread all over this region. George joined the Roman army, becoming a fairly high-ranking officer. But he fell foul of the Emperor Diocletian, who, fearing a plot against his pagan second-in-command, embarked on a systematic terror against all Christian believers. George refused to bow to Diocletian and abandon his religion. Anticipating trouble, he gave his property to the poor and freed his slaves. He was imprisoned, tortured, and finally beheaded at Nicomedia, on April 23, 303AD.

His example, as a man of courage in defence of his religion and a helper of the poor, spread throughout the world. This – probably accurate – account of his life, then became embellished by the myth about the dragon – which some say originated in what is now Libya.

George was recognised as a saint some time after 900AD. A holy day in his honour was declared to be celebrated in England by a meeting of bishops in Oxford in 1222; he was acknowledged as England’s patron saint by the 14th century. But such has been the power of his story that many other countries – and capital cities – also adopted him as their patron saint.''

(source - The Guardian) -

picture.php

(Joking:)
But yes, "Gypsy", the rest of the gypsy cousins are a bit pissed off with this Kalergy thing...
...They say that not even Saint George will spare you from collectivising your ganja...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTfdTQUsRUw

Sunshineinabag

- Very interesting Montuno - now I can tell people I am a bit of a Flamingo - lol

'The Spaniards identified the northern Europeans with the pink colour of these birds from their country, because of their skin colour'

* I have been called a 'Pikey' - a 'Didicoy' a 'Tinker' - a 'White Nigger' - a 'Gypo' (amongst many other things) - but never a 'Flamingo' - but I once did dance the 'Flamenco' - and found it to be a wonderful experience - while other cultural practices of the Spanish - don't seem to be so much fun - usually for the bull when 'Bull-Fighting' - I might add - this bull in the picture must be thinking 'Ahh - you stab me with a sword - I stab you with my horns - in the arse!' -- and so the bestial blood-letting transpires - blood for blood -

View Image

Fuzzy little man peach? Me too! With native american swirl for confusing the sheep,

Latest posts

Latest posts