What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Race theory reminds Chinese Lady of Mao's cultural revolution

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Mom who survived Mao's cultural revolution rips school for critical race theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwli4WdZmI

i know its fox, but this lady makes some startling comparisons between what happened in China under Mao during the cultural revolution and Critical Race theory in the US, the only difference is there the whole thing was based on class, while in the US its based on race. both groups were busy destroying anything historic, anything cultural, anything traditional, family values were especially despised everyone competing to be the most woke to the class struggle, teachers and students permanently looking for browny points by denouncing each other for not being class woke, or anti revolutionary as it was also called. peoples value was determined by class status. just like they want everything to be about colour nowadays, teaching kids the most important thing about them is their colour. there it was class.

Cannavore

Veteran
So her proof is what exactly? That she grew up in a bad place? Wowzers.

Then she mentions the neo nazi cultural Marxism conspiracy theory lolll sick proof. This is why FOX News is AIDS.

how is this any different than when the right puts up a token Cuban to come give the - "trust me I've seen communism first hand in cuba and I can tell you without a doubt the Democrats are communist" routine.

lmao.

I've yet to hear any one who "hates" CRT actually define what CRT is.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Mom who survived Mao's cultural revolution rips school for critical race theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwli4WdZmI

i know its fox, but this lady makes some startling comparisons between what happened in China under Mao during the cultural revolution and Critical Race theory in the US, the only difference is there the whole thing was based on class, while in the US its based on race. both groups were busy destroying anything historic, anything cultural, anything traditional, family values were especially despised everyone competing to be the most woke to the class struggle, teachers and students permanently looking for browny points by denouncing each other for not being class woke, or anti revolutionary as it was also called. peoples value was determined by class status. just like they want everything to be about colour nowadays, teaching kids the most important thing about them is their colour. there it was class.

Don't ever apologize! That is what the left continue to spread
Click image for larger version  Name:	cnn logo.jpg Views:	18 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	17877552
CNN is the only credible news outlet on the planet! It's their narrative... just watch how much crap (shit) is being covered up, because they all sing from the same song sheet, whether right or wrong.

This...
Click image for larger version  Name:	fox logo.png Views:	18 Size:	37.3 KB ID:	17877553
was the GOP answer (1968), wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, before Trump was even a blip on the radar.

What is written on the page (or spoken in a broadcast) is not always literal and can only be fully understood if you know how to break the code,” he writes, providing key examples and hacks, or a “cheat sheet,” of how people can better understand the how the establishment media operates and covers the news.

The first tip: “Anything that can be politicized, will be politicized.” (it sells) Any reporting on subjects that cannot be politicized, a “smaller percentage of the paper” in modern times, is typically far more credible.

But this practice — of promoting “good” narratives” and burying “bad” ones, goes far beyond story placement. There is a method in the articles themselves, as Breaking the News reveals:
• Within a given article, information that confirms the paper’s preferred narrative is to be featured at the top of the article, ideally in the first sentence.
• Within a given article, information that rebuts a preferred narrative or confirms an undesirable narrative is to appear deep in the article, or not at all.
• An article’s “hero” should be anyone who advances the causes of globalism, wokeness, skepticism of America and its values, and/or political leftism.
• Additional unofficial “hero points” are added or subtracted based on the hero’s race, sex, sexual orientation, and/or socioeconomic status.
• An article’s “villain” is typically anyone in the article who advances the causes of nationalism, conservatism, or traditional American values.
• A villain can also be someone who is insufficiently outraged at those who do not embrace modern woke leftism.
• When someone is a villain, their race, sex, sexual orientation, and/or socioeconomic status are mostly irrelevant unless they can be used to portray the villain in an even more unfavorable light.
• Heroes need not be actual heroes; they can simply be victims.
• Heroes get glamorous “hero shot” photographs when possible.
• Villains get unflattering photographs, or none at all.
• Errors are acceptable, so long as they do not hurt the cause of globalism or modern woke leftism.
•Errors that portray a preferred narrative negatively or an unfavorable narrative positively are never to be made. Ever.
• Corrections are to be published discreetly, deep within the paper, if at all.​

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i can define the part of Critical Race Theory i find counterproductive and dangerous, very simply. when you teach kids the main thing about them is the victim or oppressor status achieve by belonging to minority or majority races (skin colour). teaching kids that every interaction with every other human is all about race, skin colour, or gender. when you teach kids that they are a victim due to the colour of their skin while teaching other kids they are oppressors because of their skin colour. telling them it doesn't matter whether they oppressed anyone or whether they are in fact oppressed, they are still forced to carry those labels. when you teach that every interaction between people of different colour is racism based. when you teach them that someone like Michel Obama is oppressed and a victim even though she lives in a mansion and has more money then she can spend. when you say that millionaire athletes taking a knee are oppressed victims because of their skin colour. basically teaching kids to think race is the most important thing about them is sick and the opposite of Martin Luther King dream for black Americans.

Cannavore

Veteran
i can define the part of Critical Race Theory i find counterproductive and dangerous, very simply. when you teach kids the main thing about them is the victim or oppressor status achieve by belonging to minority or majority races (skin colour). teaching kids that every interaction with every other human is all about race, skin colour, or gender. when you teach kids that they are a victim due to the colour of their skin while teaching other kids they are oppressors because of their skin colour. telling them it doesn't matter whether they oppressed anyone or whether they are in fact oppressed, they are still forced to carry those labels. when you teach that every interaction between people of different colour is racism based. when you teach them that someone like Michel Obama is oppressed and a victim even though she lives in a mansion and has more money then she can spend. when you say that millionaire athletes taking a knee are oppressed victims because of their skin colour. basically teaching kids to think race is the most important thing about them is sick and the opposite of Martin Luther King dream for black Americans.

so you don't know what it is then lol.

kids are not taught CRT.

CRT is specifically for graduate level courses in college, it's for some kind of law degree or something like that. it's also existed for nearly half a century at this point.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- This stoked my interest - when on channel 5 here in the UK - they are showing a supposed historical program - featuring a black/lesbian Anne Boleyn (wife of King Henry the 8th) - who was as white as the driven snow - and not known for any lesbian tendencies at all - in reality - cultural race and sex misappropriation - by the looks of it - and if Ben Affleck was to play a gay Martin Luther King or Idi Amin - in some supposed historical drama - we would be sure to hear the caterwauling - from the often named 'wokey-wokester's ' - claiming cultural/race and sexual misappropriation -

- To me it looks like the powers that be are desperately trying to insert melanin enriched people throughout our history - even though its as fake as this fake Rolex watch - on my wrist - is this all about 'inclusivity?' - to change history - so that some races/ethnicities - don't feel left out? - as the slow indoctrination into believing this nonsense is cast upon our children thru schools and the main media -

link: 📦✅ Black C5 Anne Boleyn Backfires Bigtime 🤦‍♂️ - YouTube

Click image for larger version  Name:	anneboleynblack.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	17877600

Last edited:

audiohi

Veteran
I'm completely unfamiliar with that show, but maybe they were trying to accomplish something similar to the huge success Hamilton achieved in many aspects.

‘Hamilton’ and race: ‘A very powerful statement without having to be a statement’
https://www.ksat.com/features/2020/0...e-a-statement/

Consider that “Hamilton” truly broke ground when it came to diversity, and how the show handled race.

To be frank, the Founding Fathers were white. Some of them owned black slaves. Directors and show organizers could have just followed suit and went with an all-white cast.

But consider the subject matter. It’s not just a dry, average historical-type show. “Hamilton” uses rap and hip-hop to tell the story of Alexander Hamilton’s rise to power as the American Revolution unfolded.

“This is a story about America then, told by America now, and we want to eliminate any distance. Our story should look the way our country looks. Then we found the best people to embody these parts. I think it’s a very powerful statement without having to be a statement,”

Just a thought.

image_12528bbd.jpeg?region=0,0,1920,1080&width=768.jpg

Amynamous

Silly me.
I believed that CRT dealt with how racism has been institutionalized within the US in areas like law enforcement, voting rights, housing discrimination, etc.
I guess I got that wrong.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so you don't know what it is then lol.

kids are not taught CRT.

CRT is specifically for graduate level courses in college, it's for some kind of law degree or something like that. it's also existed for nearly half a century at this point.

how do you know? do you have kids in school? do you watch their zoom lessons? check their home work? listen to their stories of the day? anyway this stuff hasn't officially made it in to the curriculum everywhere, but most young teachers went through that indoctrination and are now acting accordingly. you hear more and more parents getting angry at the bull shit their teachers are feeding their young brains. this lady was talking to her local school board, she should know whats happening with her kids at that school. anyway this is not the first such story in the news, more and more parents are now seeing what the state is brain washing their kids with and what kind of material is focused on.

Amynamous

how do you know? do you have kids in school? do you watch their zoom lessons? check their home work? listen to their stories of the day? anyway this stuff hasn't officially made it in to the curriculum everywhere, but most young teachers went through that indoctrination and are now acting accordingly. you hear more and more parents getting angry at the bull shit their teachers are feeding their young brains. this lady was talking to her local school board, she should know whats happening with her kids at that school. anyway this is not the first such story in the news, more and more parents are now seeing what the state is brain washing their kids with and what kind of material is focused on.

You live in Sweden, yes?
why is Sweden teaching CRT in schools?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Silly me.
I believed that CRT dealt with how racism has been institutionalized within the US in areas like law enforcement, voting rights, housing discrimination, etc.
I guess I got that wrong.

the noblest goals can lead you on the road to hell on earth. its about the how of solving societal problems. the road to hell is paved with the best intentions remember that.

Gry

Any one who believes the Chinese description of what took place between the second world war and now,
is the same as what we were taught, would be more than mistaken.
For those whom would respond that "they are not taught the truth", I would like to suggest that in many
cases we were not told the truth ourselves.
We have been very deliberately lead way off track since the second world war.

Cannavore

Veteran
how do you know?
because from what i understand of this all, i'm not claiming to be an expert on this nor do i even really care very much. culture war issues are the lowest rungs of the political totem pole in my eyes but yes, academically speaking CRT is some obscure graduate level course that lawyers take to gain a certain perspective.

the problem is CRT has become another one of the far right's boogeymen and has been strawmanned into oblivion to mean pretty much whatever they want it to mean. what you posted above as your understanding of CRT is nearly identical to the rhetoric about CRT that comes out of the far right - especially outlets like Prager U, and charlatans such as Prager U affiliate, James Lindsay.

do you have kids in school? do you watch their zoom lessons? check their home work? listen to their stories of the day?
nope i don't have kids but i have a bunch of close friends who are either teachers or are involved in the education system

anyway this stuff hasn't officially made it in to the curriculum everywhere, but most young teachers went through that indoctrination and are now acting accordingly.
i'm a millenial and have millenial teacher friends and I live in a very liberal state and none of them have been taught CRT nor do they teach CRT. anecdotal i know but i have a hard time believing this whatsoever.

you hear more and more parents getting angry at the bull shit their teachers are feeding their young brains. this lady was talking to her local school board, she should know whats happening with her kids at that school. anyway this is not the first such story in the news, more and more parents are now seeing what the state is brain washing their kids with and what kind of material is focused on.
okay so i'll circle back and ask what information is being taught to these children that parents are becoming upset over? that white people are bad because they are white? if so, that's bullshit.

most of the outrage against what the far right is calling "CRT" is simply just teaching children the objective history and reality of the country they live in. slavery, genocide, morally questionable capitalism, colonialism, and whatnot is a part of US history. if a parent gets mad about teaching their child objective reality then oh well, facts over feelings lol.

i know you're not American so you may not know this, but the US has a long history of whitewashing it's crimes in US education textbooks by obfuscating or downplaying what are otherwise horrific events. just as an example - i'm pretty sure going back some years now, in some states, in some textbooks, the US using african slave labor was referred to as hiring migrant workers.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- This stoked my interest - when on channel 5 here in the UK - they are showing a supposed historical program - featuring a black/lesbian Anne Boleyn (wife of King Henry the 8th) - who was as white as the driven snow - and not known for any lesbian tendencies at all - in reality - cultural race and sex misappropriation - by the looks of it - and if Ben Affleck was to play a gay Martin Luther King or Idi Amin - in some supposed historical drama - we would be sure to hear the caterwauling - from the often named 'wokey-wokester's ' - claiming cultural/race and sexual misappropriation -

- To me it looks like the powers that be are desperately trying to insert melanin enriched people throughout our history - even though its as fake as this fake Rolex watch - on my wrist - is this all about 'inclusivity?' - to change history - so that some races/ethnicities - don't feel left out? - as the slow indoctrination into believing this nonsense is cast upon our children thru schools and the main media -

link: 📦✅ Black C5 Anne Boleyn Backfires Bigtime 🤦‍♂️ - YouTube

Maybe the same as claiming there are no brown jews when Haile Selassie was descended from King David.

Cannavore

Veteran
you guys cant be serious in believing this to be true, right?

"imagine you own a store and two customers enter at the same time one white and one black, who do you help first? if you help the black person first CRT would say you did so because you dont trust black ppl to be left alone in your store so that makes you a racist. if you help the white person first instead, CRT would say you did so because you think black people are not equal to whites and that's racism too" - James Lindsay (PragerU video posted down below)

lmao

audiohi

Veteran

What Is Critical Race Theory, and Why Is It Under Attack?
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/wh...attack/2021/05

This academic understanding of critical race theory differs from representation in recent popular books and, especially, from its portrayal by critics—often, though not exclusively, conservative Republicans. Critics charge that the theory leads to negative dynamics, such as a focus on group identity over universal, shared traits; divides people into “oppressed” and “oppressor” groups; and urges intolerance.

Thus, there is a good deal of confusion over what CRT means, as well as its relationship to other terms, like “anti-racism” and “social justice,” with which it is often conflated.

To an extent, the term “critical race theory” is now cited as the basis of all diversity and inclusion efforts regardless of how much it’s actually informed those programs.

One conservative organization, the Heritage Foundation, recently attributed a whole host of issues to CRT, including the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests, LGBTQ clubs in schools, diversity training in federal agencies and organizations, California’s recent ethnic studies model curriculum, the free-speech debate on college campuses, and alternatives to exclusionary discipline—such as the Promise program in Broward County, Fla., that some parents blame for the Parkland school shootings. “When followed to its logical conclusion, CRT is destructive and rejects the fundamental ideas on which our constitutional republic is based,” the organization claimed.

Critical race theory is not a synonym for culturally relevant teaching, which emerged in the 1990s. This teaching approach seeks to affirm students’ ethnic and racial backgrounds and is intellectually rigorous. But it’s related in that one of its aims is to help students identify and critique the causes of social inequality in their own lives.

Words actually have meaning until things like this happen...

If that is true (and I have my doubts), then I have simply expanded it's intended meaning.

Critical race theory sounds much scarier than culturally relevant teaching, regardless of its' intended meaning, huh?

Latest posts

Latest posts