What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why masks are bad for your health

El Timbo

Here is one study on mask wearing you lazy SOB, any more you can find yourself.
https://medcraveonline.com/JLPRR/ef...ator-and-surgical-facemask-a-pilot-study.html

Have you actually read it? Could you show me where it backs up any of your claims that:

Wearing a mask is bad for your health and there are dozens of peer reviewed articles on this as it has been studied for many years particularly with doctors wearing surgical masks.
They deplete oxygen taking it from 21% down to 17%, the recommended safe level is 18%.
If you are over 35 then wearing one for more than 2 hours depletes calcium from your bones.
You are re-breathing your own viral load, people have gotten pneumonia from wearing masks.
It is like having a petri dish in front of your face, the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, the heat and moisture from your breath exacerbates this.

Hint... it doesn't.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
This is from a cached page that the FDA removed but can still be found
where did the quote box go?
"For example, a test with 98% specificity would have a PPV of just over 80% in a population with 10% prevalence, meaning 20 out of 100 positive results would be false positives"

And now typeface has changed... where did the option go?
The covid test is about 80% specific, a factor of 10 different. Around 20% of positives are accurate. 80% are something else. Where the flu went isn't such a mystery. However the biggest result for the flu reduction is masks. Not masks as filters though. Masks are behavioral modifiers. They are the constant reminder that packing out an elevator together isn't the same as social distancing. People really do need reminding to. While some still cram into elevators just to prove they didn't die, and many live to offer proof. Though some die later.

I'm not offering any rebuttal as a certain percentage choose not be believe, in the face of any reason.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
people have forgotten that humans die every second of every day, they been doing it for ever. its just now we are counting every death and calling it a covid death. the planets mortality rate has barely changed in this "pandemic". first pandemic in history that doesn't reduce population on the planet some how. brits own data says that a quarter of covid deaths were not death caused by covid.

Quarter of deaths involving Covid-19 in England and Wales not caused by virus itself, govt statistics show

https://www.rt.com/uk/520970-engalnd-covid-deaths-virus/

14 Apr, 2021 08:28

In roughly a quarter of deaths involving Covid-19 in England and Wales, people actually died ‘with’ the coronavirus rather than ‘from’ it, new weekly data from the government reveals.

According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), 400 coronavirus-linked deaths were registered in England and Wales in the week ending April 2. Covid-19 was recorded as the underlying cause of death in 308 cases, which means that 23% of people died ‘with’ the virus rather than ‘from’ it.
Deaths involving Covid-19 made up 4.9% of deaths registered in England and Wales over the same period, compared with 7.2% the week before and 45% in mid-January.
Daily Covid-linked deaths have been steadily decreasing in the UK since the second wave of infections peaked in mid-January.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson argued that the positive trend was mainly a result of lockdowns, rather than the ongoing vaccination campaign. The PM warned that the infection rate will “inevitably” rise again if the country starts to reopen now.

More than 32 million people across the UK have received their first vaccine dose. On Tuesday, England started using the Moderna vaccine, joining Scotland and Wales that began using it earlier this month. Other vaccines that are currently in use are the Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca/Oxford ones.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Now now gents - let's have no foul mouths - or forked tongues - if we can avoid it - which we should be able to accomplish - if we are actually engaging in civil discourse -

armedoldhippy

Veteran
RE "only those already dying" from earlier post - country of Brazil reports over 800 children under the age of 9 have died, with 518 of them under the age of 1. yep, they already had one foot in the grave...and they believe that could be a rather "large" undercount.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No matter how strict a person is with himself in wearing his mask is his own business and personal decision....
In the store I will avoid a crowded aisle whether they're wearing masks or not...
And if a masked or mask-less person is coughing his lung out, I'm not going within 50 feet of him...

But on the other hand, I just can't keep from laughing when I'm driving down the road and I see a driver in another car, with his windows up, and wearing a mask..

what if they are disabled and driving with conversions but cannot actually reach their head/face sufficiently to put their own mask on or remove it?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I would not touch my mask without cleaning hands first and I would not throw my mask away till I can wash my hands again. So, if I have to drive from/to a place that doesn't have soap and water, I'll have my mask on. Nothing wrong with that. I couldn't care less about what others say about that.

CaptainDankness

absolutely wrong.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

0.06% of the deaths were under 17 years old.

​​​​​​3.4% of the deaths from people 18-44

22.4% for ,45-64

24.9% for 65-74

48.7 % for over 75

It's definitely not killing young people, kids are more likely to die from the flu, than the Rona. It's also pretty clear that if you're under 45 you're very unlikely to die from it.

Now over 45 you can be a little worried, but the odds are still in your favor.

When you compare the Spanish Flu, well that killed children!! It also killed more people in the USA than Covid-19 and the population was less than 1/3rd of the population today.

If you think this is anywhere near the Spanish Flu, someone is lying to you. We also did not need a vaccine for the Spanish Flu and somehow we're still here. :tiphat: