What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Origins of the Virus

mowood3479

Veteran
wrong again. remember the bit about making an assumption? no? i AM for individual human rights. but the right to swing ones fists randomly ends at the point of anothers nose. NO right supercedes anyone elses rights.
Ur def not for individuals rights.
imo ur a fervent supporter of tyranny and evil.
u should change ur username it’s a fraud on good hippies everywhere

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lets keep it cool and reasonable, there is no universe where Armedoldhippy is for tyranny or evil. no one here has evil motives imo, on the contrary people are doing and saying what they think is for the best. we can disagree about what the solution is, but its counter productive and against the tou to attribute evil motives to another members opinions.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seem to recall a recent ruling that a person who knows that they are infected with AIDS does not have to disclose that to someone, even if they are having unprotected sex with them. I think they can even lie and say they don't have it.

Twenty- six states have laws that criminalize HIV exposure in 2018. In 19 states, an HIV-infected person was required to disclose their status to their sexual partners. Twelve states require disclosure of HIV status to needle-sharing partners, and several states still criminalize various behaviors that have little to no risk of transmitting HIV.

Hempy McNoodle

Twenty- six states have laws that criminalize HIV exposure in 2018. In 19 states, an HIV-infected person was required to disclose their status to their sexual partners. Twelve states require disclosure of HIV status to needle-sharing partners, and several states still criminalize various behaviors that have little to no risk of transmitting HIV.

In California (Clown World), you do not have to disclose, due to SB 329. Though, a civil suit can be filed.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

i have read about cases where HIV-positive folks were charged with assault with a deadly weapon after knowingly exposing partner(s).

mowood3479

Veteran
lets keep it cool and reasonable, there is no universe where Armedoldhippy is for tyranny or evil. no one here has evil motives imo, on the contrary people are doing and saying what they think is for the best. we can disagree about what the solution is, but its counter productive and against the tou to attribute evil motives to another members opinions.

If you say so, imho ushering and cheerleading in a tyrannical governement is the highest crime.. Intentions and motives matter not....
The road to hell is paved with good intentions

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
If you say so, imho ushering and cheerleading in a tyrannical governement is the highest crime.. Intentions and motives matter not....
The road to hell is paved with good intentions

i think people just want this to be over and they think the vax is the solution. they assume that once it's over, everything will go back to normal, so pain now will pay off in the long run. i on the other hand remember how things never went back to normal when it comes to privacy and travel after 911. what makes people so sure this time? better not let them go too far with abridging human rights imo.

mowood3479

Veteran
Trusting governments or humans in general to voluntarily cede powers once a crisis has passed has very rarely worked out...,
I hope and pray that Iam wrong on this....
in my lifetime I’ve seen the war on terror turn into a perpetual war... the war on drugs same story.,,
What makes any of you think this war on the virus will be any different?

if you have obtained power and influence thru pandemic response what incentive do you have for the virus to be gone (besides the common good)?

I long ago stopped believing that those in govt use the common good as a any sort of guiding virtue.
they are base, blood soaked monsters... their track record of murder on a mass scale (aka war) shows me that they deserve no benefit of the doubt.
the greatest predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

the government grows and expands like a cancer or parasite on its host (productive people)... no amount of hoping for the best or believing in the virtue of those in power changes this demonstrable fact.
Which leaves me wondering? What sane person looks at the govt and thinks these guys are all right and deserve to be trusted with un democratic and unaccountable powers never before given to govt?

I do understand not everyone has experienced violence at the hands of their govt...
But I have, and I won’t forget it,

Gry

Trusting governments or humans in general to voluntarily cede powers once a crisis has passed has very rarely worked out...,
I hope and pray that Iam wrong on this....
in my lifetime I’ve seen the war on terror turn into a perpetual war... the war on drugs same story.,,
What makes any of you think this war on the virus will be any different?

if you have obtained power and influence thru pandemic response what incentive do you have for the virus to be gone (besides the common good)?

I long ago stopped believing that those in govt use the common good as a any sort of guiding virtue.
they are base, blood soaked monsters... their track record of murder on a mass scale (aka war) shows me that they deserve no benefit of the doubt.
the greatest predictor of future behavior is past behavio
the government grows and expands like a cancer or parasite on its host (productive people)... no amount of hoping for the best or believing in the virtue of those in power changes this demonstrable fact.
Which leaves me wondering? What sane person looks at the govt and thinks these guys are all right and deserve to be trusted with un democratic and unaccountable powers never before given to govt?

I do understand not everyone has experienced violence at the hands of their govt...
But I have, and I won’t forget it,
Have a box of Kleenax and grow a pair.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
like grow a pair and accept the risks of ever more rights being taken away from us? grow a pair and join a human experiment? grow a pair and trust those who have proven untrustworthy countless times? my only question is why bother? ill save my bravery for worthy causes thanks.

Gry

like grow a pair and accept the risks of ever more rights being taken away from us? grow a pair and join a human experiment? grow a pair and trust those who have proven untrustworthy countless times? my only question is why bother? ill save my bravery for worthy causes thanks.

The post was addressed to the individual that continually ignores you.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fair comment, specially IF the vaccine stops you getting and transmitting covid, if it only stops you yourself getting a bad case its about self preservation, lol.

self preservation is itself a worthy goal. there ARE higher aspirations in life for many people. there are those in all societies that run TOWARDS gunfire/trouble, because they have a sense of community & want to help, even at risk to themselves.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i wonder if you considered that if human rights can be taken away for public health reasons, whats to stop them declaring guns a public health crisis and taking away you right to have a gun?

Gry

i wonder if you considered that if human rights can be taken away for public health reasons, whats to stop them declaring guns a public health crisis and taking away you right to have a gun?

The integrity of our local judges... If one is subjected to such, they are taken before a judge post haste.
Here, both judges and prosecutors are elected ...
Was interested in how it had been used in this area and it appeared they were used in a sparing
way, as short term as possible.

Were I to envision a nightmare, it would not be when "they" wish to take our guns, but rather our right to vote at all.