What's new

Matt Gaetz under investigation for alleged relationship with 17yr old

Cannavore

Veteran
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...th-17-year-old

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), a close ally of former President Trump, is under investigation by the Department of Justice (DOJ) over an alleged sexual relationship he had with a 17-year-old girl, according to The New York Times.

Investigators are examining whether the congressman has violated federal sex trafficking laws by paying for the girl to travel with him, sources told the Times.

The sources said the probe was opened under former Attorney General William Barr in the final months of the Trump administration and that senior DOJ officials in Washington, D.C., were alerted to the existence of the investigation.

The examination of the 38-year-old congressman’s alleged personal relationship is reportedly part of a larger probe into Gaetz’s political ally and former local Florida tax collector Joel Greenberg, who faces charges of sex trafficking a child and providing payment to people, including at least one female minor, in exchange for sex.

A photo posted to Twitter in 2019 showed Greenberg, who has since resigned from his Seminole County post, visiting the White House with Gaetz.

Greenberg pleaded not guilty to the charges last year and is scheduled to appear in an Orlando court in June. The former Florida official was sent to jail earlier this month for violating the terms of his bail, the Times reported.

No charges have been filed against Gatez, according to the Times, and the details on how he met the girl involved in the alleged relationship were not immediately clear.

In an interview with the Times, Gaetz said his lawyers had been in contact with the DOJ and were notified that the congressman was the subject of a probe, not the target of one.

“I only know that it has to do with women,” Gaetz told the Times. “I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward.”

lmao hey 'Boogieman' what did i tell ya bout this guy

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends"...does this mean that he's admitting that she was his girlfriend when YOUNGER & he generously hauled her on junkets while underage? why, i don't see why not...lol.

Cannavore

Veteran
...no chance this is anything but bullshit.

Yeah just like his young adopted Cuban son. Did you know Matt Gaetz was the ONLY person to vote against a human trafficking bill?

loooooooool let me guess, this is an antifa false flag commie soros lizard deep state plot

justanotherbozo

Veteran
yawn, believe what you like but i personally don't believe a single word coming from mainstream media microphone monkeys.

...i'm guessing most of you also believe Justice Kavanaugh was a serial rapist in highschool, lol.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesn't surprise me. Dominos to tumble, I can only hope. Wonder if he was a pal of Jeffrey.

Cannavore

Veteran
yawn, believe what you like but i personally don't believe a single word coming from mainstream media microphone monkeys.

...i'm guessing most of you also believe Justice Kavanaugh was a serial rapist in highschool, lol.

How about Madison cawthorn? In college, his TA's would warn women to not be alone with the guy because he has a history. You're in a cult not a political party. How sad.

Cannavore

Veteran
If you dont look at Matt gaetz and think to yourself yeah this guy looks like he kills homeless people for sport, or goes after underage girls and maybe even boys then you arent looking hard enough.

Cannavore

Veteran
Ex0eZKIW8AY20aU?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Cannavore

Veteran
just remember. one of the best propaganda tools the republicans use is psychological projection, accusing the 'other' that which they are guilty of (which of course is a fascistic tactic as we've learned from Joey Goebbels).

both parties harness these tools effectively but the republicans are brazen masters of it. democrats have better PR and gaslighting skills.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If you dont look at Matt gaetz and think to yourself yeah this guy looks like he kills homeless people for sport, or goes after underage girls and maybe even boys then you arent looking hard enough.

he reminds me (visually) of all of the TV "ministers" that cried on the tube extorting little old ladies out of their SS checks. motherfucker LOOKS slimy even...

Latest posts

Latest posts