What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A rise in global authoritarianism.

mowood3479

Veteran
I don't think you understand keynesian economics and are getting it confused with quantitative easing. Keynesian economics merely requires the poorest to be supported financially so they have money to spend. This means shopkeepers have customers, and the supply chain has demand, so the big guys can grow their wealth through economic activity, rather than passive investments.
an active and healthy economy allows the banks more confidence in lending to businesses rather than just house purchases. This slows the pricing out of individual home owners in favour of buy to let investors. It also increases investment into commercial activity, which creates jobs, which raises living standard. This allows for more borrowing from banks which creates more wealth, which creates inflation, reducing the value of outstanding debt. Everyone wins.

Lol...

packerfan79

Veteran
I don't think you understand keynesian economics and are getting it confused with quantitative easing. Keynesian economics merely requires the poorest to be supported financially so they have money to spend. This means shopkeepers have customers, and the supply chain has demand, so the big guys can grow their wealth through economic activity, rather than passive investments.
an active and healthy economy allows the banks more confidence in lending to businesses rather than just house purchases. This slows the pricing out of individual home owners in favour of buy to let investors. It also increases investment into commercial activity, which creates jobs, which raises living standard. This allows for more borrowing from banks which creates more wealth, which creates inflation, reducing the value of outstanding debt. Everyone wins.

Everyone wins?

If you were responsible, and saved money. Inflation takes the value of it away. The only people who win, are those who live off of debt, like our government.

Kensington economics is a ponsi scheme. Punishing people who take responsibility for there own life, at the benefit of losers who don't.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is exactly my dilemma. I have enough saved to last my life, but the bastards are printing so fast the savings are diluting down to nothing. The economy is booming now because people who saved are spending their money while it still spends. I am surprised that we can still buy gold. BTC has done what gold was supposed to, probably because it is way more fluid -for now.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Everyone wins?

If you were responsible, and saved money. Inflation takes the value of it away. The only people who win, are those who live off of debt, like our government.

Kensington economics is a ponsi scheme. Punishing people who take responsibility for there own life, at the benefit of losers who don't.

That's exactly why its important. If the rich take that money out of the economy, that effectively shrinks the economy. Keynesian economics makes the tiny numbers of rich, invest their money in order to maintain its value, so that it doesn't only benefit them.
In addition, do you really believe that companies use their own money as working capital?
i won't enquire how much your parents left you, but it is clear from your lack of comprehension, and literacy skills, that you didn't create your own wealth.
If you truly feel that all poor people are poor because its their own fault, I guess you don't understand that wealth works not on absolutes, but on relativity. If we all had a million in the bank, how much do you think a loaf of bread would cost? You can only be rich because others have less than you. If we were all rich, no one would be rich.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The Second Drone Age
How Turkey Defied the US and
Became a Killer Drone Power

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/14/turkey-second-drone-age/

this is a great read. the war between Azerbaijan and Armenia was completely won in a matter of weeks just by using drones cleverly. mainly the Turkish made baktar (sp?) and an Isreali loitering suicide drone. so Armenia had all this old soviet artillery and anti air defences set up. so the Azerbaijanis convert a couple of old shit planes to remote control and fly them in the direction of the Armenian lines. Armenian radar see the planes and activates air defence radars etc. at this point the Azeri drones with the bombs come in a light up all the radar signals destroying the Armenian defences without ever putting 1 soldier in harms way. meanwhile the Armenians are dieing and losing resources so fast that it takes them only a few weeks to surrender totally. they had to sign over many strategic territories to the Azerbaijani side. war has been changed for ever by drones. imagine the stress of being in your position but knowing you could be seconds away from a drone strike any time. you hardly even hear them before you are dead. very demoralizing. i saw video footage of pin point strikes on trenches and artillery positions that are crazy in their accuracy, and these are domestic Turkish production drones.

Gry

Is it related to PNAC ? the rise in global authoritarian-ism, that is.
PNAC was a product of the nineties. The Powell Memo, was a product of the early seventies. The Heritage Foundation
was an initial response, with others flowing from it.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It can't collapse, currencies can collapse, but unless you want to return to feudal lords and serfs, what else is there?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It can't collapse, currencies can collapse, but unless you want to return to feudal lords and serfs, what else is there?

that's where we are headed, i'm afraid. "want a job? piss in this cup & vote for who i tell you is best for my business model. otherwise, fuck off. and don't EVEN think about a union. we are in a "right to work" state..."

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

That is about as incorrect as can be. Keynes was about .guvs stepping in when the business cycle was slow, but using the reserves built up in good times. Borrowing the money from a entity like the feral fed is ludicrous.

Buy gold if you have extra cash savings, while you still can. Border Gold Corp in WA is a good vendor. 2021 Canadian Maple leafs are available.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I didn't say anything about borrowing money from the fed reserve. Most countries don't operate a fed reserve. Nor did i mention any reserves for that matter. Keynes advocated tax as the source, there by the system is, most effective business models offer what people choose to buy, they and their owners get taxed, some of those taxes get returned to the little guy in welfare and they have cash to support those businesses they choose, mainly like food, clothes heating housing etc.
Keynes's main point was if you give a rich guy a tenner, he banks it, if you give a poor guy a tenner he spends it, which is better for the economy?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i was told in the US, your tax is only about half spent on government expenses, the rest is all to pay interest on the national debt. is that true?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
15.5 % of tax income went to debt interest in 2019, last figures released by the world bank. That's for america.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
15.5 % of tax income went to debt interest in 2019, last figures released by the world bank. That's for america.

i thought it sounded too extreme. you sure that includes all the bonds that come due etc? but even 15% is a large chunk of money to just shove up some bankers ass.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Don't know what it includes, just figures from the world bank for 2019. Seems to take them a while to release figures to us mere mortals. Getting an in depth report for what's included would be even more out of date.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i thought it sounded too extreme. you sure that includes all the bonds that come due etc? but even 15% is a large chunk of money to just shove up some bankers ass.

if we got to watch them hammer it up their ass with a mallet, i wouldn't mind so much. just hearing them do the "Deliverance" squeal...