What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A montage of quotes from Steve Jobs on doing what you love, and never settle.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Think of the press as a great keyboard
on which the government can play.”

― Joseph Goebbels

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"it is a lucky father who gets to clean up his act before death reduces him to fodder for therapy sessions." - Howell Raines

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“It’s easier to fool someone than to convince them they’ve been fooled “
(Mark Twain)

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And though the forest was shrinking, the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that since his handle was made of wood, he was one of them."

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.”
– John F. Kennedy

“NASA spent millions of dollars inventing the ball-point pen so they could write in space. The Russians took a pencil.”
– Will Chabot

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"science is far from a perfect instrument. it's just the best we have. in this respect, as in many others, it's like democracy." - Carl Sagan , noted pothead, lol...

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." -
Voltaire

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Don’t think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.” –
Voltaire

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The pursuit of what is true and the practice of what is good are the two most important objects of philosophy –
Voltaire

gizmo666

"there are many good reasons for drinking
but another has entered my head
if a man cant drink when he's living
how the hell can he drink when he's dead!"
anon

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
NASA was not around in 1888...

Hehe nice. Was waiting for someone to pick up on that one :D They used that in "Civilization 6", the video game, and I too was like huh?
But it´s not a bad quote for a misquote :) And in the game it´s delivered by Sean Bean. So it sounds damn convincing.

GOOD ONE! :D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
here is one for all of us old men to ponder... "I am as a last years leaf, clinging lightly to the stem. the first breath that blows, and I fall. my eyes no longer show me the way of my feet, and my feet are heavy, and I am tired.." from "the Law of Life" by Jack London

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
" I'm a man of few words, and I've already said most of them,"
Sonny Liston

Latest posts

Latest posts