Texas Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post
    you mentioned corrupt politicians, i named who i think is one of the worst. read between those lines...
    No I did not... you do know what happens when you ASSUME!

This is what I said...

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
    Kudos for starting this igrow1

I was thinking of it when I signed on tonight and was still trying to figure out how to word it, go about it.

That is some serious JuJu over there in Texas! Yup! My jaw is dropping... wrt infrastructure failure. At the end though, it is the citizens that have to suffer from their incompetence/corruption. Positive vibes being sent.
    It's is/was more than politicians involved here, in that fiasco. Greed could also be inferred here. e.g a la Puerto Rico with the subsequent fall out of/after Maria. <--- years of neglect.

In all fairness though, the entire planet has gone to pot wrt infrastructure and, that is not by sheer coincidence!

Some people understand when you tell them,
    not to piss on an electric fence,
    others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
    but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
    What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
    for all of us to do better, working together!
    ~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

sigpic

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
    the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
    may their arms be too short to scratch..

Comment

It's is/was more than politicians involved here, in that fiasco. Greed could also be inferred here. e.g a la Puerto Rico with the subsequent fall out of/after Maria. <--- years of neglect.

In all fairness though, the entire planet has gone to pot wrt infrastructure and, that is not by sheer coincidence!
      I'm a bit confused where the Texas electric grid has been politicized to some extent
      wouldn't seem to generate much voter interest, though that's just my naive point of view
      there will be fixes of some sort, what the fixes will be called will be the political part
      current grow: www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7872194

Comment

you mentioned corrupt politicians, i named who i think is one of the worst. read between those lines...
        People are dying in Texas, and AOH wants to trash talk puke politician going to the beach. I can see AOH getting in a tight, and folks not caring either. Karma has a way of balancing her books.

Is biden bringing in the military to help with food, generators, water, blankets? Hell no, he is playing video games with his kid all weekend. AOH missed that. Harris probably turned on the HAARP machine to make this weather, and hurt all the red state people in the storm's path, while biden was hidin in his basement..
        ______________________________ __________________________
        Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

it is the citizens that have to suffer from their incompetence/corruption.
          looks like corruption to me. blame goes all the way to the top...i'll give you this, you did not explicitly say "politicians". when one mentions "corruption", however, most folks think "politicians", a quite natural reaction...
          smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

looks like corruption to me. blame goes all the way to the top...i'll give you this, you did not explicitly say "politicians". when one mentions "corruption", however, most folks think "politicians", a quite natural reaction...
            I sit in the "grandstands" not behind home plate. I have a complete view of the entire field. With my panoramic view, I can tell at a distance who is red and who is blue!

Another thing I have stated over and over again... place a dem in a bag, place a repub in the same bag, shake for 5 minutes. What comes out? A politician!

I forgot, Biden is president so all is well now .l.

You can quote me all you want, but please don't involve me in "your" partisan politics. That is all I asked!

Some people understand when you tell them,
            not to piss on an electric fence,
            others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
            but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
            What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
            for all of us to do better, working together!
            ~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
            but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

sigpic

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
            the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
            may their arms be too short to scratch..

Comment

Just back from Houston last evening,real shit show down there.No stores , or very few have backup generators.Multiple deaths from people not putting their generators outdoors,bursted pipes everywhere.My other brothers area over in San Antonio,buildings in flames with the Fire department having no access to water.People in Texans are helping there neighbors out , people with power and running water are preparing meals and delivering them in their community.Some others out their donating their time running errands for strangers going to neighboring areas to get bottled water and blankets and delivering them.They are so unprepared for this type of event,had been there since last thursday , and never saw any roads or hwy being treated with salt . Those that did venture out on the roads had no experience driving in those conditions....scary shit to see these people trying to get to a store.After days of cancelled flights I caught one out of Houston (hobby) yesterday that got me back as far as Baltimore, but of course my connecting flight outta there was cancelled,jumped on an Amtrak from there for a seven hour trip home.Figured for sure I was gonna meet a big guy that was a traveling shower ring salesman somewhere along the way this past week.

Comment

Perhaps i wakedandbaked with the wrong herb this morning, but i fail to understand how any politician and/or elected official is responsible for what is happening in Texas.
                To me, it appears like poor planning and poor preparation by bureaucrats as well as insufficient infrastructure.
                I also live in a neighboring state. The local weather reports showed the storm coming 2-3 days before it hit. Seems like there should’ve been enough time to get ready, follow cold weather protocols for power generation, sand trucks or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Amynamous View Post
                  Perhaps i wakedandbaked with the wrong herb this morning, but i fail to understand how any politician and/or elected official is responsible for what is happening in Texas.
                  To me, it appears like poor planning and poor preparation by bureaucrats as well as insufficient infrastructure.
                  I also live in a neighboring state. The local weather reports showed the storm coming 2-3 days before it hit. Seems like there should’ve been enough time to get ready, follow cold weather protocols for power generation, sand trucks or whatever.
                  Absolutely, after the pile up I Ft Worth , at the very least Gov Abbot could have brought in Sanders and plows from up North.Even here where I am , when there's a big Nor'Easter bearing down on us we have electric linesman from Tennessee and all over the place come in a couple of days ahead of time, preparation is key.Having warming facilities available for the fragile would have been a smart move as well.Damn, JJ Watt could have come up with a plan far better than the morons they have running the show down there.Granted they don't have to contend with this type of situation as a norm , but as you said , they were aware of what was coming.

Comment

As an aside, while i am not a prepper, i believe everyone in North America should be encouraged to have the basics to survive at least a week, if not a month without electricity. Considering ice/snow storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, giant solar flares, EMPs, invaders from distant galaxies and zombie apocalypses could all lead to long periods without electricity, one should be ready.

Comment

Texas/Arkansas border

Who's responsible for budgets and sand trucks? Maybe Texas should figure that out and get one like its' neighbor states. Maybe politicians?

Comment

Originally posted by NEW ENGLAND View Post
                        Absolutely, after the pile up I Ft Worth , at the very least Gov Abbot could have brought in Sanders and plows from up North.Even here where I am , when there's a big Nor'Easter bearing down on us we have electric linesman from Tennessee and all over the place come in a couple of days ahead of time, preparation is key.Having warming facilities available for the fragile would have been a smart move as well.Damn, JJ Watt could have come up with a plan far better than the morons they have running the show down there.Granted they don't have to contend with this type of situation as a norm , but as you said , they were aware of what was coming.
                        I’m soo stoned this am. I had to read that a few times before i understood what you meant by Sanders. I kept imagining Bernie coming down and handing out mittens. haha

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
                          People are dying in Texas, and AOH wants to trash talk puke politician going to the beach. I can see AOH getting in a tight, and folks not caring either. Karma has a way of balancing her books.

Is biden bringing in the military to help with food, generators, water, blankets? Hell no, he is playing video games with his kid all weekend. AOH missed that. Harris probably turned on the HAARP machine to make this weather, and hurt all the red state people in the storm's path, while biden was hidin in his basement..
                          Dems are so rude!

Last edited by audiohi; 02-19-2021, 15:24.

Comment

I’m soo stoned this am. I had to read that a few times before i understood what you meant by Sanders. I kept imagining Bernie coming down and handing out mittens. haha

hahahaha......it's been a long week , I should have caught that,but I'm sleep deprived.
                            Was there to care for a family member in there final days on hospice to save my brothers,and sisters from dealing with the end of life of a loved one.They're not used to dealing with that kinda stuff, let alone all the other issues we faced down there this past week.Of course due to the weather we never even saw a hospice nurse all week so I'm glad I broke off and hopped a plane when I did.
                            We all played a role , and thankfully had a generator and running water ,along with propane heaters.
                            A week I wont soon forget.

Comment

It is starting to get better. It did suck this week for sure. It was 43 degrees inside the house. My neighbor cut my tree down for firewood. I just don't know what to think about that.
                              ~The Avatar Thread~

Why is it that rich people are concidered eccentric and poor people are just wierd????

Comment

Doesn't sound right neighborly without your blessing for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X