Smartphones can get f***ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartphones can get f***ed

Just wanted to vent.... i recently bought myself the first semi expensive 'smartphone'.... what a PITA....

Too much stuff crammed into the tiny screen, always does things i don't want it to do, clicks on things i don't want it to, doesn't click on things i want it to.... swipes when i don't want to swipe, swipes too far.... i was close to smashing the thing with a hammer and going back to my old basic phone....

This is a phone that has good reviews too.

Maybe i'll get used to it with time but i'm not really fussed to learn.... who really needs or wants that much stuff on a little PITA device anyway?? Not me.

Laptops are so much better.

End rant.

Oh... it's an iPhone is it?

Most new users want to smash their smartphone. I swapped my keyboard to a 3x4 straight away or mine would of gone to. I'm often getting a word right after 5 attempts. I forgive it though because carrying the internet is a huge plus. Otherwise I would go back to my banana

Comment

No it's not an iPhone it's a Google phone.... it's not a high end one but reviews say it's very good for the price.

Maybe it is but i've never been a phone person.... good to have, but i will hardly use it.
      I won't be updating for a loooong time.

Comment

I guess that they finally got smart enough...
        Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"
        - Martin Luther King Jr.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
        - Bob Dylan

Be good and you will be lonely.
        - Mark Twain

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
        - Anne Frank

Comment

Originally posted by mean mr.mustard View Post
          I guess that they finally got smart enough...
          Not sure what you mean, but i don't mean i won't be updating because it's smart enough, i mean i won't be wasting any more money on these things.

Comment

Smart enough to get f'd....

Ah nevermind....

I used to be funny when bread cost a nickel.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"
            - Martin Luther King Jr.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
            - Bob Dylan

Be good and you will be lonely.
            - Mark Twain

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
            - Anne Frank

Comment

Life was so much simpler and less busy when they were connected to a wire

Some people understand when you tell them,
              not to piss on an electric fence,
              others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
              but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
              What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
              for all of us to do better, working together!
              ~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
              but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

sigpic

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
              the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
              may their arms be too short to scratch..

Comment

I use a dumb phone, I have no need for a smart phone, I even had internet disabled on my dumb phone as they charge AU$1 per megabyte.
                My Grow Setup 2;
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=370402

Originally posted by MOneYMiKe
                But my freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin
                Originally posted by Gypsy Nirvana
                - Can't we all just get a bong?
                Originally posted by flylowgethigh

Ya'll free to do what you want, except force your fears onto me.

Comment

lol, wait until homeless guy finds out the battery is only projected to last 1 1/2 yrs. and can't be replaced! f***ed indeed!

Comment

I love smartphones. But I'm of the younger generation, one of the rookies here on the forum. Maybe that's the difference.

Don't drop it though, it breaks fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
                      lol, wait until homeless guy finds out the battery is only projected to last 1 1/2 yrs. and can't be replaced! f***ed indeed!
                      In the reviews i read it says that this phone will last all day on a single charge if used moderately.... it lasts about 5-6 days for me

Maybe that means i'll get 5 years out of my battery if it's projected for 1-5 years lifespan?

Comment

Originally posted by homeless guy View Post
                        In the reviews i read it says that this phone will last all day on a single charge if used moderately.... it lasts about 5-6 days for me

Maybe that means i'll get 5 years out of my battery if it's projected for 1-5 years lifespan?
                        It's a Lithium battery = 300-500 recharges

Some people understand when you tell them,
                        not to piss on an electric fence,
                        others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
                        but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
                        What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
                        for all of us to do better, working together!
                        ~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
                        but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

sigpic

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
                        the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
                        may their arms be too short to scratch..

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
                          It's a Lithium battery = 300-500 recharges
                          So i could possibly milk 5 years out of it?

When they say with moderate usage should last one day and with low usage 1.5 - 2 days they didn't mean only 5 minutes usage per day?

Comment

fuck smartphones. i mean they are a technical marvel but i hate them. leaving aside the huge privacy/surveillance concerns, their usage is just so cumbersome.
                            as someone who is a power user on desktop pc's, using a phone feels like someone tied a hand behind my back and cut off 3 of my fingers on the other one.

i bought a bunch of flip-phones years ago, they should last me for the forseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headroom View Post
                              fuck smartphones. i mean they are a technical marvel but i hate them. leaving aside the huge privacy/surveillance concerns, their usage is just so cumbersome.
                              as someone who is a power user on desktop pc's, using a phone feels like someone tied a hand behind my back and cut off 3 of my fingers on the other one.

i bought a bunch of flip-phones years ago, they should last me for the forseeable future.
                              They seem like they are designed for people who just want to take photos and post to instagram or use social media, not really to have multiple tabs open which you can come and go from.

They have the ability to do a lot but are not practical for doing a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X