No announcement yet.

So what goals are you making for 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to change from stating what pisses me off or irritates me, to what it is I want to see change or different, instead.

Long-standing habit that starts things off on a negative, instead a plan of action and a positive outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by h.h. View Post
      I meant your state would still have laws against legalization.
      i figure Tennessee will be the 50th state to legalize. fifty-first if Puerto Rico attains statehood. living under the fucking buckle of the hypocrisy-laden Bible Belt sucks mule meat...luckily, MOST police officers are more mellow than the pontificating horses-ass politicians here realize....
      smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

what i really want? to be able to walk pain-free again. i injured a knee during early deer season in a fall. after limping on it for a few weeks, now my hip on that side makes walking incredibly painful at times; even getting out of bed some mornings is difficult. doctor says "you are old and have arthritis. take Aleve." i wanted to smack him in the mouth...
        smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post
          what i really want? to be able to walk pain-free again. i injured a knee during early deer season in a fall. after limping on it for a few weeks, now my hip on that side makes walking incredibly painful at times; even getting out of bed some mornings is difficult. doctor says "you are old and have arthritis. take Aleve." i wanted to smack him in the mouth...
          Dang, sorry to hear you are in pain.

Yoga... seriously.
          I fractured/ dislocated my right ankle that even now, 16yrs later causes issues. I found due to favoring the right side, my left hip got seriously out of whack. Yoga saves me. Ya don't have to call it yoga lol... just slow stretch and breathe deeply. I do this all prior to even getting out of bed in the a.m.. Movement becomes easier/ less painful once everything has had a nice stretch.

I very rarely take any type of 'pain' meds. I take approx. 4 cannabis infused coconut caps daily and occasionally some VG tincture if nerve pain is flaring. fuk Aleve!

As I age, I realize just how crucial mobility is. Gotta keep them muscles loose and in use

Hope you get healed up quickly.

P.S. Did ya get a deer at least?
          "... You can't dance and stay uptight, it's a supernatural delight..." ~ Sherman Kelly

"First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is." ~ Donovan

Comment

I'd suggest a topical cbd salve/ or anica gel right to the knee area...ball and socket joints scare me dude
            These t-relief are phenomenal
            Attached Files
            I eat legos

Comment

No more cocaine!
              I eat legos

Comment

So sorry you hurt Hippy, this getting old stuff ain't what its cut out to be.
                My goals this year are
                A) quit a 40+ year alcohlic binge
                B) move to my country house
                C) do a seed run in my renter
                I have decided to use Sour Bubble for the pollen donor will start looking for males around March. Meanwhile I need some different girls in the stable that I want to carry on with.
                So far it's...
                Strawberry Road Kill, a BOG -Cannacopia hybrid
                Grapefruit Blueberry - Chimera
                Cookie Rocket, from Lifes Blood Seeds
                Jack Herrer x C-99, Cannacopia
                Sour Dubble S-1, Hammerhead
                GG4x Sour Dubble, hammerhead

There's room for more girls but not much time to bust out much more seed and look for the good. The Hammerhead genetics are the only female plants not in rotation right now but every seed in a winner with his gear and mostly femm so Pot Luck with these two.
                Here's to a Prosperous New Year everyone

Comment

Good for us! Lol
                  I eat legos

Comment

Looks like the long grass is getting a very early start this year.

It was up before New Year's Eve. I walked up a West facing slope with lots of bare dirt this morning Sunday Jan. 3, not covered by leaves, and there was baby grass EVERYWHERE.

And of course it's growing with some SERIOUS CO2 supplementation.

Looks like 1/2 of nature thinks it's Spring in some parts of the Pacific Northwest.

Raining 1/4 to 1/2 an inch a day - using the cat's food dish as a measure. Which is AWESOME for baby seeds.

The forecast is rain, but it's pretty sunny rain. At 50 degrees F. On January 3.
                    Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
                      I'd suggest a topical cbd salve/ or anica gel right to the knee area...ball and socket joints scare me dude
                      These t-relief are phenomenal
                      i have 2 different types of high-CBD gel with heat. they do help, but do not last as long as i need. still, any port in a storm...i'll look into the t-relief, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Phatty View Post
                        Looks like the long grass is getting a very early start this year.
                        weather here causing ol' Mother Nature to say "WTF?" we went from snow on ground & teens temps to 40s for a low & upper 50s in daytime. shit is sprouting & birds trying to start nesting. afraid they are in for a nasty surprise...

Comment

would love to rebuild the shovelhead

Comment

... I bought a brand new shovel

Some people understand when you tell them,
                            not to piss on an electric fence,
                            others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
                            but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
                            What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
                            for all of us to do better, working together!
                            ~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
                            but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

sigpic

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
                            the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
                            may their arms be too short to scratch..

Comment

i have 2 different types of high-CBD gel with heat. they do help, but do not last as long as i need. still, any port in a storm...i'll look into the t-relief, thanks!
                              I distrust a LOT of what modern Big Pharma has to offer, and by modern, I'm including about the last 60-70 years, as my own Physicians' Desk Reference is later 1980s, and it's frightening enough to peruse..

That said, someone turned me onto an NSAID ointment, topical, smells like a Love Canal chemical accident, and is used in very small amounts.

It's called Voltaren, or spelled close to that.

It can be had in lower concentration at the stores in many places, over the counter. What I received is Rx strength, at 1% active concentration, so that says something either about the potency of the stuff, and/or the need to dilute to cover a given area.

My friend who helped me into it ignores the dosage card in the kit, uses far less (about a 'pea size' rather than a line on the included card of about 1-2 inches in length), and briskly rubs it onto/into the pained area, rubbing quickly until he feels the the moisture of the stuff has gone away sufficiently that the brisk rubbing is creating a noted increase to friction, then he leaves it, and MAKES SURE TO WASH his hands after; I used 6-mil mechanics' nitrile gloves when I used it.

I can say that for me, with pained shoulders and neck this last summer/fall, when we were doing concrete slabs and the new septic system, I succumbed to the Voltaren rather than taking a pain pill, and it seemed to work fairly well. but again, if olfactory reaction means anything, this stuff is definitely a smell that gets your attention. My wife was unable to use it on her finger joints after quilting, etc., as the smell was too much for her.
                              Last edited by moose eater; 01-04-2021, 00:32.

Comment

My goal of 2021 would be to organize everything in my life to the better. That means everything needs re-planning and cleaning. I need to get rid of some stress that messes up my systems. Im tired of half ass solutions. I want the whole ass

Without realizing it I quited tobacco, again, Im an on/off tobacco smoker.

Moose, I started to use Voltaren gel on my tendon late last fall. Stopped very quickly after reading some articles about it. It makes the blood to a lesser extent able to coagulate. One man got so low of a value of the stuff that makes it coagulates and ended up hospital because of some other blue marks on his body. Doctors said if he would have cut himself in this state, he very likely could have died.

So yes, I dont use it:/
                                Hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X