What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Joe wants to TAX SOCIAL SECURITY.
His plan will make America exist no more.
This is from a MENTAL CASE!!!!!!
Go ahead vote for Joe.
Kamala will finish the job of bringing down AMERICA.

St. Phatty

Joe wants to TAX SOCIAL SECURITY.
His plan will make America exist no more.

This is from a MENTAL CASE!!!!!!

Go ahead vote for Joe.
Kamala will finish the job of bringing down AMERICA.

You mean, Joe is the mental case ?

I hope Silver gets back to $28 in a month or 2.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Hope is a cheap thing.
You are missing MEGA DOLLARS in the 4 cryptos I recommended.
We are not hoping, but knowing.

St. Phatty

So what election outcome is best for Silver ?

Trump hires Blackwater to occupy White House and defend a turnover of power, after a Biden semi-landslide. FOR 6 WEEKS.

That might move precious metal needles a bit.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Biden cuts a deal with the chicoms to get Trump taken out of the White House. In exchange he gives them Texas, which has always been a pain in the dems ass. He hates oil anyways.

St. Phatty

Biden cuts a deal with the chicoms to get Trump taken out of the White House. In exchange he gives them Texas, which has always been a pain in the dems ass. He hates oil anyways.

Why do you think Biden hates the oil industry ?

One person I would be interested to hear from, about that, is Rex Tillerson. The CEO of Exxon that Trump made Secretary of State for a while.

Actually, I thought some of Trump's early Cabinet picks were decent.

I wonder if Biden might recruit a few of them. He could use a Rex Tillerson, because some people obviously think Biden hates the oil industry.

One part of the nation where I notice anti-oil sentiment is in the SF Bay Area.

I think 1/2 the Tesla's sold are sold there.

I can imagine the frowns if I pulled up in a parking lot there with a 98 Ford truck. That would not happen in Texas.

brickweeder

Is the SIlver Squeeze really going to happen soon?

Is the SIlver Squeeze really going to happen soon?

Thought I would resurrect this thread because of all the news on GME and the shifting narrative to Silver and SLV.

For those not familiar with the situation, Gamestop share price has been massively squeezed up by a growing collective of retail traders that are coordinating their buying power via social media.

Silver and SLV is next in their sights, and they want to create a real world demand squeeze on short sellers of physical metal and on SLV. Brokers such as Robinhood have instituted limits on how many shares clients can buy. For SLV, Robinhood has recently placed a 1 share limit on purchases of SLV.

Not 1 call option of 100 shares, ONE stinking $25 share. WTF??

So what this means to me is that the financial system powers that be are so scared of a silver squeeze (because they have tremendous short exposure) that they are limiting purchases of SLV to 1 share. Kind of like the modern-day version of the 80's "Comex-limiting-futures-trading-to-sell-only" to preemptively prevent a collective Hunt Brothers cornering type of action.

So, if you have the metal, hang on for the possible crazy ride. If you have been thinking about Silver or SLV, now might be a good time to pull the rigger on some SLV shares and/or longer-dated calls. Physical metal is the best but the premium are high. PSLV may be a better option than SLV.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
wouldn't a short on silver increase the price to where the premium that now exists would be moot?
a $3 premium now would be nothing after a couple hundred % increase in price...

it's almost impossible to find physical right now regardless the premium.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I started saving all the silver dimes, quarters and half dollars that I could get my hands on when I was a paperboy in 1968...

So in other words, about 10% of the junk silver I own was purchased by me for $1.38 per ounce..

I'm gonna still hold on to all my junk silver for a little while longer...

brickweeder

wouldn't a short on silver increase the price to where the premium that now exists would be moot?
a $3 premium now would be nothing after a couple hundred % increase in price...

it's almost impossible to find physical right now regardless the premium.
Pretty much true. I have a few ounces with a $.40 premium, and I was bitching about the high cost then. Funny how that works.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The WS pigs are scared. And just so people know, you are an unsecured creditor to the bank with your checking and savings accts, behind the rest in line when they fail. That is not your money. The FDIC went broke in 2008, and is still very thinly capitalized.

Anybody that made a killing in BTC and didn't buy metals with it - APMEX takes BTC - should have HODL tatoo'd on their forehead, backwards.

Premium on gold coins is huge. A lot of money is looking for a hard asset home. All that 8 trillion the fed holds in assets are really bad loans the big banks dumped onto them, for full value. The fed had $800B at the start of the 2008 financial bust, all printed. Now they cannot stop buying bad loans, or the broke banks (which own the private fed) would collapse.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A guy posted somewhere else that a local coin shop was really busy. If the robinhooders discover the crime n the COMEX, and start buying silver futures for delivery - watch out.

Already they can't buy SLV on the robinhood platform, LOL. JPM must still be short.

brickweeder

A guy posted somewhere else that a local coin shop was really busy. If the robinhooders discover the crime n the COMEX, and start buying silver futures for delivery - watch out.

Already they can't buy SLV on the robinhood platform, LOL. JPM must still be short.
Most of the robinhooders are newbie lemming traders with small accounts that wouldn't even know how to open a futures account, let alone how they work. I suspect they will be buying GME while the experienced traders are selling, but we'll know in a month or so. I just hope they make it out of GME fired up and with their ballooned accounts intact for the Silver squeeze.

But yes, the key is to force delivery of the physical metal, that's when SHTF. I'm thinking PSLV is the ticket, because a massive inflow of capital into PSLV will force sprott to secure more metal which will force delivery.

Last edited:

brickweeder

Right.

We may as well be speaking of dissolving our dependency on the Federal Reserve.
It may be a while before mass adoption, but it has started, first with the gold and silver bugs, now with the cryptos. With the speed of information travel these days, mass adoption can actually happen pretty quickly. The key is to adopt before the masses.

ronbo51

Veteran
I just checked JMB and Texas Precious Metals, where I bought quite a bit from in the past. Other than a few commemoratives and oddball collector shit they had no eagles, rounds of any kind, no 5 or 10 ounce bars, as said, pretty much nothing. And with the spot being 27$ they listed prices all in the 40$ per ounce range, which leaves a whopping 30% or more premium.

Back in the early days of Zero Hedge the ethos was " buy silver, destroy JPM". I did my part, to what greater end I do not know, and I certainly haven't made any money...yet.

But if the millenials can do what I couldn't then hats off and all glory to you. The incredible censorship and outright nazi targeting of anyone who does not follow the script is something I never thought I would see. I hope you young fuckers take the whole stinking thing down.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Physical silver takes up a lot of space, and is very heavy...

What kind of safe hiding places do "stackers" recommend for keeping it safe?

igrowone

Veteran

this is the flip side of the obsession with gold and silver
physical delivery/possession is a step back in time to the pre-paper era
or at least to a much reduced role in the overall scheme
which would completely melt the current world economy - not going to happen
most of these visions are of a dead federal reserve and the source of all evil
in reality you'd simply get a different reserve 'bank' or god knows what
and this would be backed back physical gold and silver, i.e promises
new players but ultimately the same game
a new set of promisers and probably even worse than the last

St. Phatty

Once I saw this interview with this guy in Arizona who had 21 old dishwashers in his backyard.

I guess old cars with locking trunks would be more helpful.

agjan21.gif

I wonder what happened in currency markets when Georgia voted Dem. on January 6.

The dollar got stronger.

Latest posts

Latest posts