What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Price in dollars goes up because the fed is printing and buying bad debt, making dollars worth less (compared to stuff), and you jump on the bandwagon - to short the price of stuff that goes up as a result of the printing.

OK. You must work for the morgue.

I like the other side of that trade. But, I only deal in phyzz, and only buy when the shorts make the price attractive.

brickweeder

Price in dollars goes up because the fed is printing and buying bad debt, making dollars worth less (compared to stuff), and you jump on the bandwagon - to short the price of stuff that goes up as a result of the printing.

OK. You must work for the morgue.

I like the other side of that trade. But, I only deal in phyzz, and only buy when the shorts make the price attractive.

I'm generally always net long the PMs, but I will short run ups because comex/banksters have not been broken yet, and I want to profit on bankster smack downs so that I can buy weakness in greater quantities than if I hadn't shorted. Sure the CBs print like crazy, but so what? What was the money supply in 2011 when silver was $50, and what is the money supply today when Silver is $22.50. If the price of silver was dependent on printed money supply, it would be well north of $50 today.

BTW, weren't you the one that said you should have sold at $50? How much silver could you buy today if you sold or shorted at 50? More than if you hadn't sold or shorted.

Amynamous

I’d like to convert my physical silver (~500+ ounces)into gold or platinum, because silver is just too dang heavy.
I don’t want to sell at wholesale and buy gold or platinum at retail.
Anyone have any suggestions?

brickweeder

I’d like to convert my physical silver (~500+ ounces)into gold or platinum, because silver is just too dang heavy.

Call up the dealer you want to buy gold from and tell them you have silver to sell also. They will likely do a trade...all you would have to do is ship your silver and cover any minor price difference between your gold/plat buy and silver sell with a check. easy peasy. Just don't do the trade for less than silver spot. You won't be able to avoid the gold/plat premiums though, unless you just sell your silver and use the $ to buy a gold or plat etf in your brokerage acct.

The silv to gold ratio is not good right now for going into gold from silver, may be better to wait until it is below 65 or 60.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

I feel the same way. I will trade my silver for gold when the ratio is under 50. Historically it should be 15-20. History kinda got distorted during the last century.

And yeah, I thought a lot about mistakes I made in the 2011 squeeze,

St. Phatty

BIG MISTAKE.

Given the ratios, this is the time to convert Gold into Silver.

TOO MUCH OF A VALUABLE METAL ?!

That's the kind of problem you want to have.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If a person was wanting to keep half and half, in terms of value, they would need 80x more silver by weight than the glod. An oz of silver is bigger than an oz of glod. A person soon figures out the glod is easier to transport, store, hide. Harder to trade in even amounts. That is where silver coins are handy. Or bars.

brickweeder

...A person soon figures out the glod is easier to transport, store, hide. Harder to trade in even amounts. That is where silver coins are handy. Or bars.
I don't think I am ever going to see the day where silver is used in trade because most people don't want silver, have no idea what its value is, don't want to walk around with heavy weight in their pocket, and wouldn't want to hassle with trying to trade it for something they want. Heck, most people will choose a large hershey bar over a 10 oz bar of silver (mark dice has a funny vid that proves this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYhTFz_SGw0 )​

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Great idea! I am gonna get a 2021 slab for a kid I have been hanging out with this year.

Gonna explain "Lady Liberty", silver, gold, other metals, inflation, paper money, etc... with one little coin.

Last edited:

Three Berries

100oz Ag.jpg

brickweeder

Silver price action is looking good to me right now...bouncing off the lower rail. Will sell a small position at 27.5 if/when we get there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	silver12-21-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	18020613

Last edited: