What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Toads for depression!!!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- <conjures up thoughts of licking toads > Isn't it strong for a reason? - maybe to poison anyone or anything who tried to EAT TOAD -

Many animals and insects use some sort of poison as a deterrent - if we take just enough of the venom/poison - will we just get high - instead of die?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Similar to iboga, shrooms, dmt etc it induces extreme changes in neural plasticity often allowing for nervous systems to grow around old problems.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Similar to iboga, shrooms, dmt etc it induces extreme changes in neural plasticity often allowing for nervous systems to grow around old problems.

.....the ability of the central nervous system (CNS) to adapt in response to changes in the environment or lesions

There are better SSRI's out there besides Prozac. SNRIs, MOI's. Everything involving Central Nervous System is going to have side effects.

Trying to properly dose with toads, shrooms....start with low dose and see how you function. It takes 3-6 weeks for Rx to re calibrate brain chemistry.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For us laidmen....I mean laymen :biggrin:, what does that mean?

Alcoholism, depression and a host of other mental issues are defined by a rigidity in how the brain functions. You are "stuck in a rut", figuratively and literally. The neural pathways become well worn, trodden and difficult to breach.

Psychdelics allow a reset, let the mind flow how it once did, as during childhood. The effect is not permanent and appears to wane within weeks or monthes yet it offers a glimpse of another path that one can work back towards.

To anyone curious on the subject I would recommend Michael Pollan's How to Change Your Mind. There are many references to other works for further reading.

I am currently on Hofmann's My Problem Child and recommend it, although the direction is wholly different, it is another piece of the same puzzle.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
My biggest worry is of the 42 people they gave it to, only 24 showed up 4 weeks later to do the follow up tests? And they didn't research why people didn't show, just kind of said okay, well we're good. What if they all died? And I mean even if they didn't die and just had a shitty experience, that data is part of the experiment. By removing it it skews the data in the other direction.

T

Teddybrae

I saw a episode of a world wide drug series ... the host was an Hindu/American guy who did a Marijuana series too. All of you drug experts would have seen it no doubt. He took Toad in central america somewhere. Had a magical experience. He was at Peace!

On the other hand here in Oz, we have the imported Bufo Marinus (Cane Toad) a small piece of which will kill anything. It has decimated the native wildlife.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

Brother Nature

When my dad was living in Costa Rica, we had a dog (strays are everywhere there, they adopt you not the other way around) who was pretty much addicted to licking the toads. She'd find one, back it into a corner so it'd be all defensive, then she'd munch on it a bit. Very shortly after she'd lay down in an almost catatonic state, drooling and twitching for about 30-40 minutes. Once that was done she did seem very happy and content in life. I've also had the pleasure of experiencing DMT, though not via the cane toad but smoking "Changa", MAOI containing herbs mixed with DMT. The experience is very much resetting and introspective. It's also the most intense psychedelic experience I've ever had, I'd liken it to traveling to another dimension.

baduy

I know 5MeO-DMT is the active component found in the Sonora desert toads pimples but it's hard core man, really. It's a bit like DMT's evil twin, very similar in effects but less colourful and even more scary. If you want to experience the good that's the way to go but Hayahuasca or DMT are much more casual to start with if you want to go that path. Also the Central African plant iboga is gaining attention tasoday a scary but life changing experience, helped several people who struggled to quit heroin for instance. whatever I wouldn't recommendto lick a toad without some good information first but yes, maybe a shock treatment but no magical reset pill, would probably do wonders if psychiatrists with enough background for bringing good guidance were allowed to use it clinically on their patients though.

Loc Dog

Veteran
- <conjures up thoughts of licking toads > Isn't it strong for a reason? - maybe to poison anyone or anything who tried to EAT TOAD -

Many animals and insects use some sort of poison as a deterrent - if we take just enough of the venom/poison - will we just get high - instead of die?

DMT is a natural chemical found in our bodies in very small amounts. 5-MEO-DMT is about 20 times stronger.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I saw a episode of a world wide drug series ... the host was an Hindu/American guy who did a Marijuana series too. All of you drug experts would have seen it no doubt. He took Toad in central america somewhere. Had a magical experience. He was at Peace!

On the other hand here in Oz, we have the imported Bufo Marinus (Cane Toad) a small piece of which will kill anything. It has decimated the native wildlife.

Hamiltons Pharmacopia on Viceland. He traveled the world experiencing various halucinogens with indigenous people doing it for centuries.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Animals have been finding ways to "adjust their 3rd eye" since long before we climbed down from the trees. There's more than one way to skin that cat - toad, fungus, herb, cacti - we have circuitry to process so many different realities. I found a pharma "key" a few years ago. I have no issue with how others find theirs. I'll also confirm that I tried a few myself. Toad wasn't one, but it's probably least available all things considered. I hope you find your "key".

T

Teddybrae

Do you think it likely in the situation you refer to that the ego has restored its primacy in the consciousness? That the Ego is more powerful than the drug?

Psychdelics allow a reset, let the mind flow how it once did, as during childhood. The effect is not permanent and appears to wane within weeks or monthes yet it offers a glimpse of another path that one can work back towards.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have never tried the 5 meo dmt. I would like too though.

I am a big fan of dmt. And I can say that it has an amazing antidepressant effect on about half of the people I smoke it with. Comments like I think I lacked that, never been so ok with myself, I seen the world thru gods eyes are all common. Its truly amazing.

Might just have to blast off later today... Wheee

Only negative.. It smells bad. (Not that bad to me) but bad enough that if I smoke any in the house the wife will for sure ask how was hyperspace?

When I tried ayahuasca it was beautiful. But also took me a year to digest the lessons. Mostly because I am stubborn. But either way it gave me exactly what I need. In turn making my families life more pleasant and showing me a few bad habits I needed to do away with. And it made for damn sure when I got the message it was loud and clear. Might even go so far as to say it saved my life.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I prefer shrooms in weekly micro-doses.:yummy::tongue:

I prefer mine 2 or 3 times a year. 7 grams. Flat on my back. Eyes closed.

Which actually takes you to a very similar place as dmt. But you can still walk and function if needed.

Aside from the intense sweating it is absolutely wonderful.

Latest posts

Latest posts