What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Toads for depression!!!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have heard rumor of DMT vape pens floating about on the darkwebz. Sounds terrifyingly rad and convenient.

I would like to give the natural straight from the toad stuff a whirl. Seems like a better experience than whatever I got handed as dmt.

DMT-Nexus recommends, studying trip reports, and making DMT yourself. 50 grams of MHRB makes about 20 breakthrough doses (60 miiligram is average).

Loc Dog

Veteran
Someone suggested MDMA. I have never seen it. Don't know any young people that go to raves. I know you can order online, but worried about 50 showing up at door when I sign for it.

midwestkid

Veteran
I would like to try DMT someday. But out paths have yet to cross.
I have been taking mushrooms monthly to see if they would improve my mental health. I do think they are helping. I'm off of the Paxil now.
My Ex has me hair tested to try to keep me away from my son because she thinks marijuana was the downfall of our relationship. So if they find pot in my hair i can't see my son unless it's supervised. Unbelievable.
Anyways I have a weakness for beer. So when I quit smoking I started drinking again... and I wasn't strong enough emotionally to realize this was her plan.
Anyways it's been a rough few years but I'm sober now. Haven't had a beer in 7 months. Off of the antidepressants. And treating myself with fungus. Because mushrooms don't show up in hair tests!
Really wish I could smoke pot but my medical card didn't stand up in court?
Ketamine I've heard is good for depression.
Never had the chance with that one either.
I just grow some pot and have other people smoke it and tell me if it's any good. This plant is still medicine for me just by growing it and taking care of it. It would be nice to smoke it again. It's been a year since I smoked any...
Anyways. Good luck to everyone trying to find their way. Exercise if you can. It's a good medicine.
End of rambling

Loc Dog

Veteran
I have been taking mushrooms monthly to see if they would improve my mental health. I do think they are helping. I'm off of the Paxil now.
My Ex has me hair tested to try to keep me away from my son because she thinks marijuana was the downfall of our relationship. So if they find pot in my hair i can't see my son unless it's supervised. Unbelievable.
Anyways I have a weakness for beer. So when I quit smoking I started drinking again... and I wasn't strong enough emotionally to realize this was her plan.
Anyways it's been a rough few years but I'm sober now. Haven't had a beer in 7 months. Off of the antidepressants. And treating myself with fungus. Because mushrooms don't show up in hair tests!
I just grow some pot and have other people smoke it and tell me if it's any good. This plant is still medicine for me just by growing it and taking care of it. It would be nice to smoke it again. It's been a year since I smoked any...
Anyways. Good luck to everyone trying to find their way. Exercise if you can. It's a good medicine.
End of rambling

Sorry to hear about your ex wanting to make you miserable. I too find growing to have an anti depressant effect. Having something to do, and the accomplishment of your efforts.

Approach DMT slowly. Make sure you are not on SSRI's. Read reports.

Do you know if Harmine shows up in hair tests?? It is an MAOI, so great for depression.

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=70617

armedoldhippy

Veteran
End of rambling

ketamine? been there, done that while in USAF. we used to run across it mixed with cocoa powder in caps & marketed as "chocolate mescaline" lol. got tore up on the shit in WV one weekend & were so gone that we were lying on a bald hill top outside of Princeton so long that buzzards started circling us. it was cool until they started getting lower & i realized i could not move...:biggrin:

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i have recently been doing a lot of research and investigation on both ayahuasca and toad venom. they both sound like they have huge potential for treating the treatment resistant conditions that i suffer from. my main apprehension is a terrifying fear of a bad trip or a bad reaction based on the amount of mental negativity i currently endure. i suspect that i have repressed memories from my childhood and feel like i would be opening pandoras box so to speak. i just this past week received a email for an intake interview for a church in my city that is authorized to administer ayahuasca to its members and feel like i am at a real crossroad on whether to take the plunge or continue suffering. i discovered some very interesting info on toad venom. it seems like such a profound experience watching medicine take effect. here are a couple videos i found helpful...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Tsc5aL1G4&t=2s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj2I20JBC8 if you click on the profile for global witness and go to their video section there are other helpful videos.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DMT-Nexus recommends, studying trip reports, and making DMT yourself. 50 grams of MHRB makes about 20 breakthrough doses (60 miiligram is average).

Just go slow building up tolerance. Starting out on a full dose, as with any other CNS Rx....always start with half dose.

Hope you find some relief, Loc Dog.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
There's probably a very good reason why toad licking never caught on. DMT itself only appeals to a small group, who managed to make MHRB difficult to find anyways. Any antidepressant effect from ayahuasca may well be coming from harmala alkaloids and not from the DMT regardless of how deep the DMT trip is. As far as small doses go, I think microdosing harmala extracts from Syrian rue seeds will be more beneficial for most than DMT, and I suspect that the danger of harmala MAOI is there but generally overblown. Harmala is legal in most places but might be a felony somewhere like Louisiana.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
There's probably a very good reason why toad licking never caught on. DMT itself only appeals to a small group, who managed to make MHRB difficult to find anyways. Any antidepressant effect from ayahuasca may well be coming from harmala alkaloids and not from the DMT regardless of how deep the DMT trip is. As far as small doses go, I think microdosing harmala extracts from Syrian rue seeds will be more beneficial for most than DMT, and I suspect that the danger of harmala MAOI is there but generally overblown. Harmala is legal in most places but might be a felony somewhere like Louisiana.

isn't EVERYTHING fun a felony in Louisiana? i mean, except fishing?

E

ESTERCHASER

Just go slow building up tolerance. Starting out on a full dose, as with any other CNS Rx....always start with half dose.

Hope you find some relief, Loc Dog.

:laughing:
he is spot on!
I was always told the differance between medicine and poison is the dosage

Gry

In attempting to read about the use of harmala, I ran across the following.
It is somewhat dated, and may well be common knowledge;

https://maps.org/news-letters/v04n4/04458mao.html
Another warning about harmala alkaloids and other MAO inhibitors
J. C. Callaway

In an earlier edition of the MAPS newsletter (Callaway 1993), I described the use of harmaline and the minimal amounts needed to inhibit monoamine oxidase (MAO). This was not to encourage people to do so, but rather to provide the minimal guidelines one should consider before dosing with this substance. The impetus for this information came from two directions:

• MAO inhibitors, in general, are not safe drugs to play around with in the absence of such information.
  • There seems to be an increased interest in their use as analog components of the sacred beverage Ayahuasca.
Since then, another potential problem has come to my attention, and that is the inadvertent combination of MAO inhibitors, such as harmala alkaloids, with serotonin uptake inhibitors. Prozac, for example, is a specific serotonin (re)uptake inhibitor which is commonly used in the treatment of depression. It will soon be used in the US to treat obsessive-compulsive disorders. In short, anyone can qualify for a prescription.
Simultaneous inhibition of both systems can result in the 'serotonin syndrome' (Sternbach 1991), which has resulted in deaths (Neuvonen et al. 1993). The symptoms are typically initial euphoria, followed by tremors, convulsions, and loss of consciousness which can eventually result in death. Unfortunately, high doses of harmaline and other harmala alkaloids (as well as Ayahuasca and analogous mixtures) can also produce tremors and convulsions, so it may not be initially clear if the victim had inadvertently taken a serotonin uptake inhibitoror not.
To reduce the chances of such an incident, do not mix drugs like Prozac (or any other serotonin uptake inhibitior/antidepressant) with harmala alkaloids, Ayahuasca or analogous mixtures. Also, take it upon yourselves to ask those who might consume such preparations whether or not they are currently taking any medications for depression or other mood disorders.
Be aware!

Loc Dog

Veteran
i have recently been doing a lot of research and investigation on both ayahuasca and toad venom. they both sound like they have huge potential for treating the treatment resistant conditions that i suffer from. my main apprehension is a terrifying fear of a bad trip or a bad reaction based on the amount of mental negativity i currently endure. i suspect that i have repressed memories from my childhood and feel like i would be opening pandoras box so to speak. i just this past week received a email for an intake interview for a church in my city that is authorized to administer ayahuasca to its members and feel like i am at a real crossroad on whether to take the plunge or continue suffering. i discovered some very interesting info on toad venom. it seems like such a profound experience watching medicine take effect. here are a couple videos i found helpful...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Tsc5aL1G4&t=2s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj2I20JBC8 if you click on the profile for global witness and go to their video section there are other helpful videos.

The church would probably give guided ayahuasca experience. Problem with ayahuasca is there are a lot of alkaloids that are unpleasant also. That is drank from a crude brew, and lasts several hours. Guaranteed to vomit and diarrhea.

Look at Pharmahuasca. It would be pure DMT and Harmine. Much more pleasant. Also a smoked form of DMT which can be mixed with Harmine but is not needed (ingesting DMT does nothing without Harmine) only lasts 7 to 15 minutes. It is suggested to have someone watch you, and help if needed, by telling you to relax, and not worry about anything.

It is dangerous to mix MAOI (Harmine) with SSRI anti depressant. The SSRI needs to be stopped a month before MAOI.

If you are rich, some therapists give therapy session with Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca for $2000.00.

Loc Dog

Veteran

The toads probably excrete some other chemicals/poisons that are not pleasant. They actually produce a similar chemical, but not identical to DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, which the mental is similar, but without the visuals, and much more potent. 3mg is breakthrough dose of 5-MeO-DMT, while about 60mg for DMT.

Of people they tested, who probably never took psychedelics before, 50% never want to do it again.

Currently in process of extracting Harmine from syrian rue. It is not straight water extraction. Supposedly very pleasant at lower doses.

Loc Dog

Veteran
how does one source pharmahuasca? that definitely sounds preferable.

Like Lean Green said. DMT-Nexus suggests making your own. Best way of making sure what you get is safe. Can read Teks there, or watch Gordos Teks on youtube. Might be hard to find small amount of mimosa hostilis root bark. Only need 50 grams to make one gram DMT, which is close to 20 breakthrough doses. The harmine is nice and mellow by itself. I think I got a kilo of syrian rue seeds for about $35.

Best tek for DMT is Cyb's hybrid salt tek, for smoking.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Of people they tested, who probably never took psychedelics before, 50% never want to do it again.

the other 50% are the intelligent people that realize that to truly experience ANYTHING you must NOT be in control...you have to just be open to the experience, or you are but a spectator. it truly is a leap of faith, and hope. JMHO psychonauts...my kind of people. "to boldly go where only YOU can go..." :tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The best dmt trips seem to be the ones I am already on a few hits of LSD. Its like getting set up at base camp before trying to get to the summit.

Been eyeing up my dmt bong alot lately. Must be time to break on through

E

ESTERCHASER

My mother has san pedros in her living room that are 4 fuken feet high! thats saying something considering she enjoys maybe 4 months of good weather up here. I think she overcame here alcoholism with them, refuses to admit it but ive been watching her for 46 yrs........it did!

Ive only ever tried penis envy mushies and blotter from 1992 that had golden keys......who tha fuk knows what was on those......im really interested in factory resetting my bad juju! HAWLP!