No announcement yet.

Best-Favorite-Flower-Long-Term-Storage-Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the inert gas flushing ideas and vacuum sealed mason jars. Thats gold.
    And armed hippys on the money - heat and oxygen are the enemies and maybe also temperature variation as itl make relative humidity fluctuate outa the comfortable range.. Ive had all kinds of problems with freezing as its caused condensation in the bags.
    Outdoor Ladies 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Monkey View Post
      Call me old school tudo but i like to bury it. Double vacuum seal it then drop it into a chest esky and bury a foot or two down. Makes me feel like a pirate busting into a chest in the backblocks with a long handle shovel and a smile. Keeps me a clean house too.
      Thatl give me a good 4 years storage in a pinch. Just gotta be confident of your cure, or whatever you do youl be pulling out sour nasty.
      Are you fucking serious? I'll admit the best wine I ever had was supposedly burried but fuck going to all that trouble.i know I'd fucking forget where I burried it
      I AM THE LIQUOR!
      MASTER OF SHITPUPPETS
      the only difference between me and you is a couple of drinks

Comment

I used to just jar it all but now vacume bag and stuff in a bucket with a
        lid.Then I stash them in a room temp dark place untill I need to mess
        with.
        Jars always turn funkey quick but hey, I used them for way over a decade

Comment

Originally posted by shithawk420 View Post
          Are you fucking serious? I'll admit the best wine I ever had was supposedly burried but fuck going to all that trouble.i know I'd fucking forget where I burried it
          Totally serious brother. Never lost one yet... As far as i remember... Fingers crossed eh

But really undergrounds got what I need. Its more secure than home. Temps are constant around 10C. And if someone does turn it up its not coming home to bite you. And oooh the pirate life.
          Outdoor Ladies 2019

Comment

For long term storage I use 1/2 gallon Mason jars sealed with the vacuum attachment on a Foodsaver type machine. Last year I put a small oxygen eater pack in each jar because I had them here.
            I then place the jars in a a chest freezer that gets well below 0 degrees.
            Like others have said, let the jar warm to room temp before opening to prevent condensation on the frozen buds.
            Works great. I had buds stored for months that looked as new and smelled as good as when I put them up.

Unless they are sealed with heat or vacuum, Mason jars are not necessarily air tight.
            "Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"

Comment

Turkey bags.

Comment

While i Use different method like jar curing and storage and vacuum curing and storage, I must say my favorite method is just drying the flowers till a certain point and then packaging them in ziplock mylar bags, close them with an iron and then store the weed in the freezer.

I put it so that the packages are never agitated, so no trichs will fall off. WHen I take it out of the freezer I let it get to room temp. I even store it untrimmed .

But this way I get the best quality and the loudest terpenes for vaping. They smell like they are still on the plant and taste the same.

I remove the leaflets just prior to consumption. It is a controversial method as people who never tested it say the weed will come out squishy or you will lose potency but I have tested enough to know it is bullshit provided you do it correctly.

For freezing you really have to test it before storage, It needs to be really good before being frozen.
                http://hgcacademy.com/
                Home-Grown Cannabis Academy!
                Safe, Responsible & Cost-Efficient!

Comment

I can testify from the school of hard knocks over close to 15 yrs outside and another 20 +/- inside before retirement that the EASIEST way to store properly dried and cured dope is to freeze it and put it in suspended animation....got condensation in the bags ?....

Just remove product from said condensating bag and acclimate to ambient room temps and all`s good....problem solved....now....Since pot`s best stored at a constant 62% relative humidity like Cigar Humidors are designed for properly dried , cured tobacco products , the Boveda packs have become popular in the last several yrs to prevent moisture loss during storage in normal ambient temp conditions.....but.....

Depending on ambient room temps product is stored at , after 6 months or less , even in sealed containers , chlorophyll degradation will occur and green dope turns into brown dope signifying "old dope" , so if yas wanna keep shit indefinitely ….. freeze it …..if it needs to dry out more after thawed out , let it....guaranteed it`ll be identical to what was put in though ….bet on it.....

Common sense and the knowledge that pot`s 80% water and what`s left or even lil drier is what you smoke should rule the day and be the grower`s focus........anyways......my 2 cents from all those yrs.....

Peace.....DHF.....
                  Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

Comment

Originally posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
                    I can testify from the school of hard knocks over close to 15 yrs outside and another 20 +/- inside before retirement that the EASIEST way to store properly dried and cured dope is to freeze it and put it in suspended animation....got condensation in the bags ?....

Just remove product from said condensating bag and acclimate to ambient room temps and all`s good....problem solved....
                    Nice one dhf sounds like sage advice. Ive got no experience freezing except in the great outdoors, my solution was bury it deeper- does it want to be a dedicated freezer. Does the frost free function on freezers cause any probs for smaller quantities.

No doubt underground it looses quality over time and some of the actives degrade to sleepier time weed. Good if you find yourself swimming in it season to season put pointless for an elbow or two unless its an emergency.
                    Outdoor Ladies 2019

Comment

Working...
                    X