What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
While going in for other business...

While going in for other business...

I would always get clones from a dispensary :party: they grow onsite.

The old grow manager used to give me two footers in 4 inch Rockwool. ( edit - for $25 )

I would just throw them into flowers.

Love Clones

Aota1

I brought back some less expensive herb to make $3 .5g prerolls and I'm glad I did! Got in a half pound each of wifi og and fire og and we've picked up an entirely new (to our shop) demographic that's buying a few cheap rolls every day and sometimes an extra g or two. It doesn't sound like much but adds up! We used to make rounds of 'house' prerolls with the kiefy bottom jar scraps of every strain together. They were only $4 but super stoney. Had to axe em when new testing rules came in and we'd have to get the house mix tested at a lab these days. Some people are buying 10 at a time. Like i say, it doesn't sound like much, but it definitely adds up. I'll post some crazy customer stories soon. Many of those to share!

Floridian

Veteran
One day they will be selling clones in dispenseries down here.Unfortunately when that day comes I will probably just be a skeleton in a big box

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"With medical cannabis now legal in 28 states and the District of Columbia and public opinion shifting to a largely positive view of clinical use, the demand for professional medical education is growing exponentially. To help meet this need, the School of Extended and International Education and the Department of Nursing at Sonoma State University are hosting United Patients Group in offering an on-campus, intensive workshop on the clinical use of medical marijuana.

The workshop focuses on the medical application of cannabis and the science behind its efficacy. The current legal landscape at the state and federal level will also be reviewed. The workshop will not cover the business of cannabis cultivation, distribution or retailing. Both healthcare professionals and the public at large are invited to register for this event."

My boss and co workers are going to a medical cannabis clinic next week. It should be really interesting and very educational. If I can learn better ways to recommend the way to medicate to my patients will be an amazing thing. It will be at Sonoma State and I'm really excited about this. We will also be taking a tour of the Absolute Extracts/ Care By Design facility.

I've been taking some online classes too, it really helps if you are comfortable talking about the different products and dosing that comes with them. This industry is only going to get bigger no matter what the fucksticks in DC say!
I'll let ya all know how it goes.... :biggrin:

I'd like to have that job for awhile. Maybe one day a week, just to see what it's all about.
I've been to probably twenty places and know a decent amount of cannabis information for medical and enjoyable. That's the only part of weed that I haven't worked is actual sales hahaha.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The class was very interesting, lots of doctors,nurses, and pharmacists were there around 100 people. We were the only ones from a dispensary but we kinda knew that. It was good to share every ones relationship with cannabis. We made some nice contacts also, so that's cool.

Then we got to take a tour of the Absolute Extracts/CareByDesign facility, it was the first time I've ever seen a place like this, the equipment that they have is amazing. They have 18 CO2 machines in this one room, crazy shit. They showed us their testing area, incredible the technology these days.

We might be opening a new place soon. I'm pretty excited about it. It's in a place that is perfect for a dispensary, I wish I could tell you all the town maybe down the road we will see hehehe

It's getting close to spring planting time and the clones are flying off the shelf. Seeds too.....it's going to be a fun growing season, it's legal now so it's time to blow it up!!! lol

Have a nice Sunday you all....
Peace and puffs

Aota1

I have a newly transplanted couple from California as regulars now and they're very picky about herb. 100% organic is what they want so I've turned them on to a couple growers' herb that I think suits them best. They brought back almost 5 grams of some high quality SFV og saying they could tell something was sprayed then resprayed with water to rinse! I was a little entertained by this. I know the grower. His cut of sfv has an incredibly strong lemon-pinesol smell and flavor to it. I think the couple felt like they were smoking lysol. Haha! More to come

Last edited:
It's only legal to blow up if you have a license otherwise now the penalties are civil and much worse in my opinion.

I'd rather sit in prison for 2 years than get fined in to homelessness

Aota1

Had a customer in yesterday that wanted the 'fluffiest' bud we have. He didn't care anything about strain, effect, potency, nada. He wanted fluffy! Said that's what he likes. I hooked him up with some Alpha Blue which is blue d x nyc d and incredibly fluffy haha. It's a very well grown, indoor organic flower, so he lucked out there.

KONY

Veteran
Any idea what budtenders (average starting pay) are getting in rural areas with much lower cost of living than urban areas?

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Minimum wage , bud tender isn't exactly a skilled labor job

You would think it's just a job that you get stoned all day but it's the opposite, I get ppl all the time saying I wish I worked here. It's not as easy as you think....a lot of ppl come in asking serious questions about their health issues and lots of medical problems and we have to try to suggest what is best for them,with every one being so different and reactions unique to their own uses and tolerance it's very difficult at times.
Of course there are the stoners that want the stoniest buds we have! lol those are pretty easy.
But with tips and all the extras that are thrown our way the pay is definitely more then minimum wage.....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's getting close to spring planting time and the clones are flying off the shelf. Seeds too.....

Have a nice Sunday you all....
Peace and puffs

:yes:

v6DeDGI.jpg

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol great sign S4L! Love spring time, it's a flower yet to be discovered..... I would love to show around my shop some day hehehe

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

unless we get a sudden change in temperature up here, we're headed into the earliest spring that I can remember, we had 40F+ a lot in Feb & we've had temps in the 50s here in March, only 2 nights @ -20F or so. Today was 55F @ 5 & 6pm while I was on the road, probably warmer a bit earlier in the day. Sun was shining, had the heat on low & the sunroof open.......

Hey all, been reading this thread and it has inspired me! I just got my first job as a bud tender, any advice to make my first time transition a little more mellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts